It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Citizens vs. US Fed Gov: Class Action

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

The quick action is only if they want to. And the dont want to.
Supreme court ruling holds that the govt has no obligation to be held responsible for your safety.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

(sarcasm on) You are soooo right!!! I'm a British agent. Am I more James Bond, or Austin Powers, you decide!?!(sacasm off)

This is typical of the paranoia that a lack of education will induce. This Country was founded by men, most of whom had a legal education, yet somehow... all lawyers are now considered tyrants. It is ludicrous!

On topic... certainly you may attempt sue the government. However, there are questions of whether you have the proper standing, and in this case whether you may form a "class" for your proposed class action. My instincts tell me no, but a I'll do a little research. Regardless, the outcome would have little practical effect considering the Court's inability to impose a proper remedy.

In truth, any such lawsuit would be little more than a show trial at best, and more likely turned into political grandstanding at worst.

There are paths to your goals, but they require a sea change in the way Americans think about both government and politics. Times may be changing, and that sea change may be on its way, but currently.... I'm afraid we are not there yet.

As for the lawyer bashing on this thread. Certainly, I wish no harm fall on anyone....but when that harm does befall you (and inevitably it finds us all) I hope you find your way to a competent attorney's office so that your rights may be protected, as was the intentions of the founders of this nation.

Good luck!!!

Peace,
-AAH

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Artephius Abraxas Helios

Didja ever wonder why any proposed law limiting govt or demanding proof of performance, the peeple are held without standing and the law is invalidated without so much as a pro bono filing while any law increasing the power of the officers of the court beyind any reasonable scope of exxtablished law is supported in depth by an army of attnys; willing to go pro bono?
It's no accident that mcain feingold and any host of unconstitutional statutes are in effect for many years while fees are exhausted and when and if overturned eventually are promptly reinstated in some end run by legal maneuverings where the process of looking for well heeled suckers starts again.
No court ruling EVER reduces the need for more lawyers, no court ruling makes things MORE simple or EFFICIENT for the people, save by further layering up. THere is no way around lawyers other than being indigent and unrecoverable. This is no accident either.
Maybe you are wonderful and limit your service to professional standards, but the rest of your collegues are far less worried about where the cash comes from To the degree that living is impsoosible without lawyers and the actions of lawyers are no reasonable guarantee that other lawyers wont target your assets, your body of collegues have much to answer for for pursuing pushing the country over a cliff.
nice try

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think that the only way would be for the duly elected state AG files suit on behalf of his state. If that could possibly ever happen then it might start the decades long process of attempting to investigate the gub and all their alleged misdeeds. At every turn the prosecution would be stymied. Prosecution would in turn be persecuted; personally, socially, and professionally. Basically burned at the stake, if not literally.

The legal system has been cleverly designed as a proper usurpation of divine law. If it was as simple as doing unto others as others do unto you, certain powers would never have manifest. Its a game that few are invited to play, yet all are required to play. By merely being born.

When you create a very complex system of rules and laws, you exclude those who cannot compete with the mental gymnastics required to buy into the system. Its not because people are stupid. Its so a monied, elite caste can buy into and play the game. Materialism is not what its about. A brand new slave caste, imperial dominance, on a global scale. People became selfish. They want to be on a winning team so they think that they can win as well. Sycophants, turncoats, narcos, CI's, backstabbers, bottomfeeders. Brainwashed enough to believe their own lies.

^sorry off topic^

Suing the gub is really not an option. Citizens will never win in court. A 20 million man march would win but that might accelerate their plans. I've always felt that we, as a society, are being intentionally pushed to the brink, as to how far we'll take it. Freedom loving Americans won't be portrayed that way.

The only way to get it to work in the people's way would be for every one to slowly take their money away from the system, quit paying all taxes, prepare like never before, and then watch the collapse. It'd never happen though.

The system is very much prevented from collapse. The best thinkers are already on board and the rest are expendable. If only the expendables knew that. There would be ammo to legally fight for our rights.

As for right now, everyone who signs onto a class action fight against gub $ co. INC, will be portrayed as kooks and most will believe that. Cards are stacked, and not in your favor. Where do you think the expression; the house always wins; came into existence.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by brutalsun
I'm actually curious about this topic as well. I was thinking about a few things in particular when a US citizen is murdered by an illegal alien, could the Fed be named as a defendant in the civil case?

OK, everybody step back and take a deep breath. People are really confused here. Everyone asks "Can you sue?" Of course you can sue. what, do you think - the piece of paper is going to jump up and rip the pen out of your hand and go, "Wait just a friggin minute! What do you think you're doing??"
Wouldn't a better question be, "Can I win?" Or, "Can I make it to the first hearing without it being dismissed and me being sanctioned under FRCP 11?" And the answer to that is probably not.
Read the Federal Tort Claims Act in Title 28 of the US Code.
It is a limited waiver of sovereign immunity. One of the things we didn't kick out in1776 was English law. And particularly the part about the sovereign being immune from suit.Divine Right of Kings and all that rubbish.
Anyway, there is an exception in the FTCA to suits against the government for what are called dicretionary functions. That's the stuff you do as a government.
For example, if the VA doctor amputates the wrong leg, you have a good lawsuit But if you were in the VA hospital in the first place because you were sent to an illegal war - Tough.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

A good and much longer explanation of earlier posts which put it much more succinctly

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
I'm bored so I'll chime in. Especially seeing as I'm a big mouth about this. I think we'd have more power if we went up through the state level rather than on and individual basis.

Luc
I like that idea
however the biggest problem
with that is we can't get the states
to stop sucking on the Federal tit
long enough to come up for air.
If the states would stop accepting
those federal monies and balance their
own budgets without assistance
that might have a chance to work.
But the states are like a junkie hooked
on the federal heroin.

Therefore I assumed the collective US
Citizens might stand a better chance

But I may be wrong.

I would agree that action at the state and community level has a better chance of effecting change.

There is little if any difference between the current Federal corporatocracy and a communist oligarcy..

from wiki:

An oligarchy (from Greek ὀλιγαρχία, oligarkhía[1]) is a form of power structure in which power effectively rests with a small segment of society distinguished by royalty, wealth, family ties, military control, or religious hegemony.

Understanding the definition above is crucial, this is our world and has been for too long. This is the world the Founders fought to prevent by crafting a document that every military man and elected official takes an oath to protect.

The US Constitution.

The fact is the US Supreme Court committed an act of Treason when it ruled on the Florida votescam recount of GW Bush was noted by the Ex-DA Vincent Bugliosi (most famous for prosecuting Charles Manson's gang who IMO used a similar tech to control his members to murder for him as what is being used to control the public at large through media and cheap chinese trinkets.)

from Wiki:

"The Betrayal of America is a book by Vincent Bugliosi (Thunder's Mouth Press, 2001, ISBN 1-56025-355-X) "

"the U.S. Supreme Court's December 12, 2000 5‑4 decision in Bush v. Gore unlawfully handed the 2000 U.S. presidential election to George W. Bush. Bugliosi declares that the decision damaged both the U.S. Constitution and democracy in general. He accuses the five majority judges of moral culpability by endangering Americans' constitutional freedoms."

Nota Bene: wording used to describe the majority Judges by Bugliosi was considerably more strident than the Wiki entry..

So if the Federal Court system is clearly in the control of the NeoCons... then the pursuit of justice in such a supposed "court" are doomed to manipulation from the very top...

There is an old adage that "all politics is local" -

I would suggest, instead of trying to navigate the minefield known as the justice system at this time:

a) Talk to your neighbors face to face while
b) Copying the old "Burma Shave" roadside sign campaign on public signboards, telephone poles grocery stores, hair dressers, etc while
c) Creating "committees of 100" then together
d) Elect your own grassroots people beholden to the real grassroots- and who have signed oaths to represent the interests of the people or suffer automatic recall

Though individual letters to congress critters tend to mean little in the metaphoric floodwaters of contacts rushing by, - letters from Committees of 100 tend to be answered... they mean, after all, far more than 100 times an individual rant - as they are coming from 100 people who demonstrated that they could get organized and ACT.

Groups are feared, because individuals are easily crushed or kookified...

Seataka

PS: start by organizing TEN like minded neighbors who then each get ten more.
And yes this sounds like a chain letter or ponzi scheme... but it requires no investment besides commitment and some time and this is how the Sons of Liberty did it in the 1760's -

They often started with posters on the tree at the crossroads.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

How is it that when a lib does something called treason by the right it is discarded by your kind as no No NO, it has not be proven in court.
Yet when an alleged repub does something you dont like you assune treason like it has the force of established law even when your own try but cant even get their own courts to get it to stick?
It's tough to discuss anything when you cant agree even on simple distinctions.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Most people don't want to hear it, but the only way out of this system will be total non-compliance and a forceful dethroning of the power elite.

People think that we can just wish this all away. No, that's idiotic.

People think we can fight the system from within. No, that's naive.

People think we can simply have civil disobedience and starve the beast. No, the system is rigged and even if we stop paying taxes, they will formulate a way to keep it going. Besides, most people are ill prepared to make it on their own without support from the system. It was designed this way. The revolution must be intricate, concise, and swift to be replaced with a new system which is for the people.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1
reply to post by seataka

How is it that when a lib does something called treason by the right it is discarded by your kind as no No NO, it has not be proven in court.
Yet when an alleged repub does something you dont like you assune treason like it has the force of established law even when your own try but cant even get their own courts to get it to stick?
It's tough to discuss anything when you cant agree even on simple distinctions.

Please provide some additional information so I might reply.

What is your use of the words "your kind" referring to?

Provide evidence of my implied-by-thee bias.

The only issue is one of truth -or- lies-for-profit. That is my equal-opportunity-for-criticism platform, and there is no difference between democracts or republicans, being, at this time, two sides of the same totalitarian coin called corporatocracy or - to use simple words for simple minds - fascism.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

No. You didnt say "pretty please" and I'm still considering whether to demand a cherry on top

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Actually a cogent and coherent post without any excess baggage or tangentialism. I may even change my mind about you.
*snaps*

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

Must have been one of my other personalities.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Here's another sue the Fed Thread for your enjoyment.
Since the initial info has now been wished into the cornfield, someone want to bring me up to speed on who's suing the Federal Reserve and why. I don't need to know how to join the class action suit.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Forget I ever mentioned it.
edit on 1/15/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: forget about it

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
in order for one to sue or bring about charges one must be familiar with corporate law and USC law, that is United States Code, as well as knowing the US Constitution law. yes laws have been broken by the US government from the 1860 till present so what is one to do??? VOTE but when one VOTES for and thinks for the truth and is fooled then what????? yes lawyers will take the case but one must have money up front, and you must have a valid case, you vs the US.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I would like to know what rights we have as a collective
citizen group to sue the US Fed Gov and it's congress
for war crimes, dereliction of duties, state's rights, etc....

Your rights in that event are clearly stated in the constitution..
The 2nd ammendment isn't there for duck hunters...

Why do you think it was written.????

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
People sue the government all the time. Bring your case to a lawyer. See where it goes from there. Be prepared for the backlash and anything that you say being video taped and put on youtube.

Hire a lawyer and you become an "incompetent" ward of the state. Better do some research to find out where the lawyer's loyalties are...by legal definition, not presumption.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You can not sue the Government.

Take for instance Veterans Affairs took out your bladder for no reason. You can't sue them. They have a process where you fill out a SF-95 which is a Federal Tort Claim. They have 6 months to decide if they pay you. Then you can take it to court.

No American has even received Medical Malpractice from the US Government. There have been a few cases where a Judge awarded someone money for Medical Malpractice against the government. But then the Government appeals the case and it's closed.

No one has ever been awarded 1 nickel for Medical Malpractice against the Government.

Citizens suing the Government. Yes there have been a few cases where citizens were given legal remedy and awarded money for being wronged. But that puts their name on the Red Board where every Federal Agency/State/mafia knows you have money and they will find a way to get it.

Thus going after the Federal Government as a legal remedy is never successful. If you want to end the Federal Mafia there is only 1 answer.

Get a majority of Americans to sign an Article of Surrender within 48 hours and hand it over to say the German Embassy. Appointing them as Federal Receiver of this Federal mafia.

Only then would we obtain a Legal remedy to the crimes being committed against us all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join