It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

racial groups and what they say about mans origin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
Many times I have wondered to myself how different racial groups became so drastically different in such a short period of time....

Wow! No simply answer. But generally speaking all the same genes are there but become dormant or switched off. Then the selective breeding (like dogs or cattles) as already mentioned. Like this example, switched back on for skin and hair color.

www.techbanyan.com...

A very worthwhile presentation on this process here from a former evolutionist.

video.google.com...#

Extensive studies on the Table of Nations (biblical) showing the "families" and their decendants - lots of mixing but shows the groupings of nations, mixing of peoples. No one totally agrees on all aspects of this - by the way.

Third, Studies of DNA haplotypes, so forth point to migrations in some form.

And last, I would not eliminate the the "space cowboys" trying to mix in the soup, evidence in many civilizations and biblically that this has happened - think some DNA testing in the House of Windsor, Hapsburgs is in order here. I think our space astronauts/reptilians/greys are doing this today.

regards,
Hootieowl de Postman

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
some interesting points have been brought up, very thought provoking. some of the answers lead to more questions, for example it was said we could have been bred like dogs, but by whom? and for what purpose? even if all of this can be explained by perfectly reasonable explanations genetics is still very fascinating.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
To those who say we "adapted" to our environment, I ask,
"Why didn't people living in cold climates develop protective Hair?
Animals in the North have very dense coats.
The Polar Bear has black skin and the white appearing hair is actually translucent and conducts the light/heat to the skin to keep him warm.
wouldn't it seem logical for humans in the cold climates to have dark skin for the same reason? (and thick fur coat)

Here is an anomaly for you to think about.
Negroid Hair has no central core.
The Hair of All other humans, and all other animals on Earth has a central core.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
some interesting points have been brought up, very thought provoking. some of the answers lead to more questions, for example it was said we could have been bred like dogs, but by whom? and for what purpose? even if all of this can be explained by perfectly reasonable explanations genetics is still very fascinating.

Rather than bred, think isolation, preference, ie, "more like me". The green eyes and sandy brown hair may have attracted another of the same look. As more favoring goes on in this selection process then eventually the blue eyes become recessive in that line, or brown, etc.

And hence, we know an idea about half the Ukranian population.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
To those who say we "adapted" to our environment, I ask,
"Why didn't people living in cold climates develop protective Hair?
Animals in the North have very dense coats.

Maybe 'cause the humans immediately went to make their own artificial coverings thereby halting the natural process.

Now you see some of these guys in the football stadiums @ 10F and drinking beer through it all makes me think we have a good chance to move the species right along after a few generations of football fans.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It is sad that political correctness does interfere with scientific research, especially in regards to discussions suggesting difference between ethnic groups.
I know it's a touchy subject, but I believe that, on average, people of a certain ethnic group are likely to differ in mental, as well as physical ways from any other given ethnic group.

It just seems to make sense to me: after we left Africa, then we all went our separate ways. If someone in a group of people had a genetic mutation that helped them with logic, reason or problem-solving - and that mutation was beneficial to survival and passed on - then surely people descended from that group would nowadays have a higher occurrence of that mutation than any other group ?

You really don't need to go back that far to find one common ancestor for 100,000s of people.

There's also the differences in how isolated an ethnic group is, compared to the others.

Some peoples have had a tremendous amount of admixture from a variety of other different ethnic groups, surely it makes sense that these will have had more of a chance of inheriting a positive genetic trait, than a people that have been isolated with little or no admixture from any other group ?

There's also the numbers involved: If there's a small group of isolated people with a steady population of 1,000, then statistically they are going to have less children ( and less chance for a new mutation ) over the same period of time, than a larger group.

My personal belief is that some mental traits, as well as physical, are bound to have a higher preponderance in some ethnic groups than others.

It's a shame that some people are rather childish and stick their fingers in their ears whenever this topic is brought up.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
People often approach this subject from the wrong perspective. First off, intelligence is only an abstract concept, that few people understand. It isn't just one measurable thing.

Both as individuals and as groups there will naturally be a wide variance between us in the multiple aspects of intelligence. One individual or group may be better at math; another at language. Some will be superior in reasoning or abstraction. Others will have skill at analyzing a situation and coming up with a tool or solution.

The ways in which intelligence can be expressed are really too numerous to delineate. Take a Harvard educated person and put him or her in the Australian outback and see who is more intelligent in that situation.

As there are obvious physical differences between races there most assuredly will be intellectual differences as well. That is a beautiful thing as someone has already noted. What is bad is when we attempt to make judgements about intelligence and assuming that one type of intelligence is better than another. It may be true for particular circumstances but not in general.

We as a species benefit from this diversity of abilities and skills. Its all good!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
i agree, it is very sad that science has to follow the politically correct path. i don't think differences are a bad thing at all, the opposite actually. i think our differences should be celebrated and we should be proud of them. another thing i do not understand is why caucasians have more hair and eye colors than other groups. can anyone explain this to me because i have been curious about this for a while.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
is bumping your own thread wrong? or is it soo right?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

“Originally, we all had brown eyes”, said Professor Eiberg from the Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine. “But a genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a “switch”, which literally “turned off” the ability to produce brown eyes”.

The variation of color is caused by a genetic mutation...dunno about the hair though.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

False, actually. Most animal species have great variation within their ranks. However since we are not members of their species and are not "tuned" to see their differences, we just don't notice.

Take one of the most variable critters on the planet, the wolf. Leaving aside its domestic members, this species has enormous variability. More than humans! Our biggest variability is skin color and some minor facial features. Wolves have different body colors, sometimes drastically so within the same family! A single pack can have wolves of all shades and patterns and many different features. And what's more, these features can all be completely different from another pack several miles away. And then we look at large regional differences. The Ethiopian wolf looks nothing like the German wolf, and neither looks anything like the Eastern timber wolf or Baffin island wolf, and none of these even resemble the extinct Honshu wolf.

But they are all the same species. The 200-pound thick-furred black wolf from British Columbia is the same kind of creature as the 85-pound pale grey wolf with a short wiry pelt in Yemen, and both are the same kind of animal as the long-necked stump-legged round-nosed freaks that used to live in Japan.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Star and Flag!!!

I prescribe to the Ancient Alien theory, myself...I have often researched this very topic on how the different races began and I believe that it was either:

a. same primate, differen alien civilizations

or

b. same alien civilations, different primates

We (humans) all share primate ancestry, however did not evolve from primates alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join