It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I forgot to log out of chat...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Is there any way to get myself booted or signed off of Chat if I accidentally stayed logged in some place? Seems like it never disconnects itself

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ecidemon

I believe you stay logged in as long as you are online.

If you turn your computer off or close your browser completely, then it will log you out.

Looks like you're saying that you sometimes use other computers than your own. If this is so, then it's really down to you to ensure you are correctly logged out to prevent others using your account. Especially as all ATS T+C are applied in chat.

There may be several reasons why there is no 'time out' on chat. One of those could be to provide a MOD presence when one is logged in, although, chat users do 'sleep' if they've not chatted for a while. That does not mean they are not reading the chat though.

Another reason could be coding the chat to bump you out. Might be more bother than it's worth.

Personally I'm happy that it keeps us logged in. Chat rooms that log you out after a while are a pain.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
A better statement would be that I have several computers in different locations that I'm the only one that utilizes, and sometimes forget to close chat.
My concern wasn't someone else using it, it's that I can't use it

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Ecidemon]

new topics

join