It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Solution for Arizona- Ignore the Federal Court Ruling!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Several ATS members have asked me what my solution to the current Arizona Law Situation would be.
Arizona should IGNORE the Federal Court ruling which placed the operative parts of the law on hold. Arizona, as a sovereign state, which passed a law legally, should ENFORCE the entire law. Then let's see whether the Federal Government has the guts to try to stop them. I doubt that they do, since the entire administration consists of a group of air-heads, most of whom have never served in a military, and most of whom would back away from a fight of any kind, other than in the corrupt courts, ruled by criminal lawyers.
Ignore the Federal government. They wouldn't have the guts to stop them with troops. They will merely respond with more law suits, which should also be ignored. The Federal government has lost its right to rule, since it has FAILED to live up to its obligation to defend our borders. It is now up to the states to defend our borders.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I think the state of AZ wouldn't have the cajones to do such a thing. They talk a big game, but when it comes down to it, once the fed threatens to cut off funding turning Arizona into a 3rd world nation/state. They'd come crawling back like a abused pet dog.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Procession101]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

You may be right. After all, they are politicians also. It would be nice to see someone ignore the government. I think they're like the big bully that everyone fears, until some meek person decks them.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Procession101

You may be right. After all, they are politicians also. It would be nice to see someone ignore the government. I think they're like the big bully that everyone fears, until some meek person decks them.

Yeah I agree. It would be very intresting to see someone actually stand up to the Big Brother as long as it doesn't involve any type of violent civil war type actions. Who knows man. :S

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I guess you haven't heard immigration is down 18% in AZ and deportations are up something like 25% nationwide. All this before AZ even thought about writing their own immigration law.

They can take on the federal government but I think the feds have the biggest guns and that never seems to work out well for the southern states. There's also the problem with funding since AZ is supported by the federal government.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I would be very curious to see just how much federal fudning being cut off really effects the day to day lives of most Arizonans...Secondly, if I have to be a slave to the system in order to live in a "fruitful" state, I think I may consider the alternative. What's so bad about being in a third world like state if you are TRULY FREE?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The leaders of law enforcement would probably also be arrested by the FBI for not following the directive of a federal judge. At that point what would they do? Would Sheriff Joe Arpaio order his officers to have a shoot-out with the FBI?

Not following the directive is not a realistic course of action in Arizona. Remember that during the Civil Rights Movement, President Johnson used federal troops to counter local and state officials. On top of this, as previously mentioned Arizona would collapse without federal funding.

Nice try there prof, but I don't think you are on the right track with this one.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by ProjectJimmy]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Professor
I'm with ya on this

Ignore the darn ruling
and take care of business.
If the Feds come a calling
then other states will follow
as they have the same problem.

As you stated before
the bully needs to be put on
his ar$e on the playground.

Go AZ !!!

Time to secede lil brother !!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

They can take on the federal government but I think the feds have the biggest guns

Call the government's bluff. If they actually send in troops, it will result in a full insurrection, with 70% of the country supporting it. I don't think Obama has the guts to send in troops though. He'll just send in more lawyers. The funds work two ways. Arizonans can withhold sending in their taxes also.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Not following the directive is not a realistic course of action in Arizona.

I disagree. Obama is a political animal, and if he sends troops in, the country will break apart. Who wants to be known as the President that caused the downfall of the US. I am serious. Ignoring the court order can't lose. It's a win-win situation.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Time to secede lil brother !!!!

Thanks for your support. I truly believe that Arizona can't lose if they ignore the court. The US is a powder keg just waiting to blow. Obama would not dare to send in troops, or FBI agents.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

They can take on the federal government but I think the feds have the biggest guns

Call the government's bluff. If they actually send in troops, it will result in a full insurrection, with 70% of the country supporting it. I don't think Obama has the guts to send in troops though. He'll just send in more lawyers. The funds work two ways. Arizonans can withhold sending in their taxes also.

That's a big jump of thinking to assume that first off, Arizona would resist federal troops, and secondly that 70% of the United States would support an insurrection.

What data could you possibly be working off of here? A majority of the citizens support the Arizona law but I do not think they would be willing to go through a civil war over it.

I believe you are vastly overstating the percentage of Americans that would support any kind of military conflict within the US. Again you are completely and totally wrong in your assessment.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I think at some point, to avoid anarchy, we need to simply disregard all ammendments, court rulings and laws created after 1900. We had plenty by that time. Murder, rape, theft, etc. That would be a great start. Civil disobedience. That's what the lefties do. Fight fire with fire, they say. Besides, a full grown man looks like an idiot with a bicycle helmet.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I disagree. Obama is a political animal, and if he sends troops in, the country will break apart. Who wants to be known as the President that caused the downfall of the US. I am serious. Ignoring the court order can't lose. It's a win-win situation.

Your "win-win" has either the US constitution torn to shreds by ignoring the law. Article IV Section 2, the Supremacy Clause would be worthless. Or it ends up in a Civil War, which is the outcome you seem to want.

It's either the death of the rule of law, or the death of thousands of Americans. Are you out of your mind? Neither of those situations results in any form of "win."

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I don't know, the gov't sent troops to the South to enforce school desegregation. Left wingers are good at using troops, they are the control freaks. If Obama doesn't want to do it, his handlers will ask him to do it.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If I recall correctly, one of the provisions the judge put on hold was to require police to ascertain if a suspect is in the country legally.

But nobody says they cannot ascertain if a suspect is in the country legally, do they?

Is the whole problem getting police commanders to get their guys to do that?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It could be possible that this will encourage the local militias to action on the border.
Perhaps this is what the Feds are trying to provoke....whatever happens from that confrontation would be grounds for all kinds of actions by the fed to curb all kinds of rights of the people.
I am thinking matial law or worse....it wouldnt take much of a show of force to give the feds the right to call an emergency and come down on everyone.
It apears the Feds are being deliberately provocative...when they have been petitioned for help, and left people hanging out in the breeze along the border theres the obvious provocation< just festering....

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
First, people say illegals need to obey the law.

Second, people say the Feds should enforce the laws. Even though there are many other laws the feds don't enforce.(Medical Marijuana comes to mind)

Third, people tell Arizona not to obey a Federal Court ruling.

Sure are a lot of contradictions going on concerning which laws should be enforced and obeyed.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Sure are a lot of contradictions going on concerning which laws should be enforced and obeyed.

Actually, it all makes sense. The GOVERNMENT has decided which laws to enforce, and which ones NOT to enforce. Therefore, Arizona and the other states should do the same. Fight fire with fire.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Or it ends up in a Civil War, which is the outcome you seem to want. It's either the death of the rule of law, or the death of thousands of Americans. Are you out of your mind? Neither of those situations results in any form of "win."

Yes, your ancestors in England thought that also in 1776. They were wrong then, and I believe you are wrong now.

You cannot understand how Americans think and feel, so please don't tell me what will or will not happen.

What country before ever existed a century & a half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure.

From The "Tree of Liberty" letter
From Thomas Jefferson to William Smith

www.theatlantic.com...

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join