It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Decided to move to Canada :)

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Ok so for some who I talk to know I have been looking at moving out of Florida and possibly out of the country. I have been looking online for weeks looking at the pro's and con's of the places I was deciding between. Believe it or not I found it better to move to Canada. I contacted a immigration attorney so I can get the proper help and follow the proper procedure to move. I will live there for a few years, possibly more. I need a change and I have always liked Canada and what they have to offer. So for all you Canadians, I am trying to figure out which area is the best.

I would like to stay in a city in the Ontario region but I am not opposed to other areas. I am not too worried about finding a job, been looking already and I have a good background in a couple areas. I plan on having a job and place to live before I get there, which I read is best. I am one of those that when I want something I go for it. I have had a few people I know laugh at the idea of me moving to Canada. I have no kids and my bf lives in Italy and will be there for 3 years so I am free to go where I want and I have been in FL for 26 years and I want to start over somewhere new.

So Canada lookout mblah is on her way there! My plan is to be there within one year, sooner if possible.


[edit on 7/29/2010 by mblahnikluver]




posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Wow..what an awesome thing to pick up and do!

I have no idea what to suggest but I wish you luck in the decision making process...



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
YAY Mblah is going Canuckistanian. LOL

Don't forget to learn the Metric system.

The Metric System

Practice saying eh alot eh.

You need to know what a toque is,and who Wayne Gretzky is eh.

Important info on Canada eh



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Toronto is like Canada's New York and Montreal is like Canada's version of Paris.
You are going to love the bacon and the maple syrup.
Just leave the American beer there eh...we have the good stuff up here.

If on your way you stopped on the border to go pee,and once in the washroom you found one foot on the US side and one foot on the Canadian side and had dual citizenship....what would you be at THAT moment???


Answer...Eurapeein.







[edit on 30-7-2010 by DrumsRfun]



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Toronto is like Canada's New York and Montreal is like Canada's version of Paris.
You are going to love the bacon and the maple syrup.
Just leave the American beer there eh...we have the good stuff up here.

If on your way you stopped on the border to go pee,and once in the washroom you found one foot on the US side and one foot on the Canadian side and had dual citizenship....what would you be at THAT moment???


Answer...Eurapeein.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by DrumsRfun]

Haaa yeah my friend Shannon said Toronto is like NY however the apts don't seem to have the NY price! Montreal oh yeah is my North American Paris


As for beer not a big fan of any of ours so that shouldn't be a problem. lol


HAHAHA Eurapeein!



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin
YAY Mblah is going Canuckistanian. LOL

Don't forget to learn the Metric system.

The Metric System

Practice saying eh alot eh.

You need to know what a toque is,and who Wayne Gretzky is eh.

Important info on Canada eh

TUP!!! Long time no see!

Yeah I know the metric system...that kind of scares me lol I don't like the metric system but I will learn it. heck if I can learn French no problem I think I can learn the metric system...

I say eh a lot now so I guess I have that covered


Wayne Gretsky, I know who he is
hockey!! I think a toque is a hat right?



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Wow..what an awesome thing to pick up and do!

I have no idea what to suggest but I wish you luck in the decision making process...


Thanks mem


I have been wanting to move out of Florida for a long time and I have no reason to stay here. My bf is in Italy and I have no kids, my family and friends are here but that won't make me stay here. I have always liked Canada and after looking at places here and Canada I chose Canada. Some friends and family think I have lost my mind. My sister was asking about Canada as if it were a 3rd world country lol I told her Canada is like the US only better and the way the US should be lol



new topics




 
1

log in

join