It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks details threat to poison troops, caches of Uranium & chemical IEDs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have been pouring over the data since its release and have come across data entries that have really piqued my interest and thought to detail them here. There's so much more, but for starters we have this:

al-Qaeda and Taliban planned to inject food supplies with chemicals

AL-QAEDA AND TALIBAN PLAN TO COMMANDEER THE FOOD SUPPLY TRUCKS OF COALITION FORCES AND INJECT THEM WITH CHEMICALS. COMMANDEER THE FOOD SUPPLY TRUCKS OF COALITION FORCES. THE TRUCKS CARRY SUPPLIES TO INCLUDE WATER AND DRY GOODS. THE PLAN IS TO INJECT THE BOTTLES OR THE PACKAGES OF FOOD WITH UNIDENTIFIED CHEMICALS, OR RECREATE THE SAME TYPE OF PACKAGES WITH CONTAMINATED VERSIONS OF THE SAME PRODUCT. COMMENTS: (U). (FIELD COMMENTS)-1. (U) SOURCE PROVIDED NO FURTHER INFORMATION AND IS AVAILABLE FOR RECONTACT. 2. (U) THIS IIR CORRESPONDS TO THT REPORT DIIR-THT08-0049-07.

Four tonnes of marijuana seeds confiscated

On 24 JAN, the Gardez District ANP seized four tons of marijuana seed. They also seized 1960 kilograms of powder and 2310 liters of the chemicals required to convert opium into heroin (NFI). The marijuana is currently being stored in a container at the Provincial ANP HQ, and the drug making supplies are in a separate storage facility at the governors compound because of the lack of evidence storage at the Provincial ANP HQ.

Possible cache of Uranium found

RC(N)PRT MES PO IN SHEBERGAN WERE INFORMED BY LOCAL NDS ON SATURDAY 17MAY08 OF CONFISCATED SUSPECTED RADIOLOGICAL MATERIAL. NDS SAID THIS MATERIAL IS URANIUM. NDS HAD ARRESTED TWO PERSONS AND THIS MATERIAL WAS FOUND FROM THESE PERSONS. NDS REPORTS TO HAVE ONE KILOGRAM OF THIS SUBSTANCE IN THEIR POSSESSION. NDS REPORTS THAT THESE PERSONS ARE SUSPECTED TO HAVE A TOTALLY 27 KILOGRAMS OF THIS SUBSTANCE IN THEIR POSSESION AND ALSO ROCKETS. PO HAS TAKEN THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS: AT 172100D* KLE WITH LOCAL NDS IOT GET MORE DETAILED INFO. PO PERSONNEL OBSERVED THE SAMPLE OF CONFISCATED MATERIAL. A SAMPLE OF THE SUSPECTED SUBSTANCE WAS PLACED INSIDE A SMALL SEALED GLASS CONTAINER (SIZE APPROXIMATELY 5X2CM , 30% OF THIS CONTIANER WAS FILLED WITH THE SUBSTANCE) PO PERSONNEL BROUGHT AN INTENSIMETER TO ESTIMATE IF THE SUBSTANCE EMITTED GAMMA TADIATION. THE MEASUREMENT WAS CONDUCTED AND THERE WAS NO INDICATION OF GAMMA RADIATION. THE MEASUREMENT WITH THE INTENSIMETER CANNOT SHOW THE PRESENCE OF ALFA OR BETA RADIATION.

Bottles of Uranium discovered and Anthrax plot uncovered*
This is part of a much larger report

Kabul Prov/ Char Asyab Dist/ Khair Abad Village: 31 Jan 08. NDS personnel and AN P conducted a search operation of a LNs home resulting in the seizure of the (20) hand grenades (03) fire extinguisher bottles, (01) concertina wire, (02) bottles of black gun powder, (02) Bottles of Uranium, (158) AK-47 rounds, and (01) binoculars. Kabul Prov: 31 Jan 08. NDS reported that (01) unidentified female who graduated from Pakistan (Syalkot Madrasa), received an order from Al-Qaeda members named Fatima and Aziza to conduct a BBIED suicide attack against the Afghan MOD Chief of Armed Forces, General Besmellah Khan. Suspect has come to Afghanistan and may be living in the Ghorband District of Parwan Province, in the home of Malawi Kazem, or in the Pol-e-Matak Area of Parwan Province. After conducting the suicide attack some specific persons will spray the Anthrax powder to kill crime scene investigation team persons.

Chemical protective suits found

ISAF # 02-555 F BRONCO REPORTS CACHE FOUND 4K W OF DEH-RAWOD AT 0834Z THE FOLLOWING SALT REPORT WAS SENT: S: 57X 82MM MORTAR RDS, 2X BOX PKM AMMUNITION, 1X GRENADE BODY, 1X ANTI-TANK MINE, 4X BOXES OF AK47 AMMUNITION, 5X AK47, 1X SET US ISSUE COLD WEATHER CLOTHING, 5X UNK ORIGINAL CHEMICAL PROTECTIVE SUITS. A: CACHE FOUND, L: 4THEY ALSO FOUND 59,000 PAKISTANI RUPEES AT THE SITE. 41S QS 29847 12712, T: 0745Z. REMARKS: ALL ITEMS SERVICEABLE. RESIDENT OF BUILDING HAS BEEN DETAINED FOR QUESTIONING. 0849Z UPDATE 2X DETAINEES. PROTECTIVE CHEMICAL SUITS ARE US. MTF

IED emits yellow gas cloud upon explosion and personnel feel nauseous

At 0627Z, RC South reported a IED Strike and Ambush. While conducting a recce and mine-clearing patrol FF reported an IED Strike and receiving SAF. No casualties or damage reported. NFI att. At 1122Z, RC South reported: At 1115Z, no further INS activity observed. NFTR. Event closed at 1119Z. At 1157Z, RC South reopened the event and reported: Received from CJOSTF: FF requested CAS, 2x French Mirage 2000 responded and dropped 2x GBU in support. French Mirages were replaced by 2x US F-18 and Predator reported on station to support FF pursuit north. FF engaged and destroyed 2x INS spotters during their pursuit. FF encountered a second IED and BIP the device before continuing north. INS broke contact and FF could not regain contact. FF discovered a third IED and BIP the device. When IED detonated a yellow cloud was emitted and personnel began feeling nauseous. FF collected dust samples and returned to base. Currently conducting SSE of clothing and equipment while awaiting decon teams to confirm or deny chemical attack. A total of 7x US MIL, 1x Interpreter and 1x K-9 dog reporting symptoms. Nothing has been confirmed att. Final enemy BDA is not confirmed but at least 2x INS have been killed. Will inform if chemical attack is confirmed. At 1847Z, RC South reported: At 1847Z, CJSOTF unit has returned to base for treatment and analysis. Initial Medical assessment is that none of the personnel are currently experiencing symptoms att. CJSOTF surgeon assessed no need to MEDEVAC any personnel. The individuals have been placed on 24 hour stand down. SSE Team from KAF will fly to FB Cobra on 15FEB09 to conduct testing for any residual chemicals or materials on personnel and equipment. The results of this testing will confirm or deny this event as a CBRN attack. At 0650Z on 15FEB08, NFTR. Event closed at 0650Z on 15FEB09

All information from Wikileaks Afghan War Diary

[edit on 29-7-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i think the insurgents are a bit more sophisticated than we'v been led to belive. also the fact that they have releasd were some of this evedence is being stored is a bad thing. after im pretty sure the taliban will be pouring over these documents and theirs always the chance that they will try and retrive some of the said materials. on another note i think were gonna need a wikileaks forum on the site as this information continues to be read and posted on the site .

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

I agree that we need a forum, but only if there is enough interest. There are intelligence cables added to the database which make for really interesting reading regarding Iran and Pakistan.

But four tons of marijuana seeds! Man that is enough for a forest of the stuff. If the thread picks up interest, then I will keep posting the intriguing data entries. I did find one naming an informant and posted the details in another thread. I removed the names, not that the Taliban will be reading ATS.

Edit for typo

[edit on 29-7-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
well by all means keep posting on this thread you'v got my attention. i noticed the comments you made on the informant thread and i made my opinions known there. if i lost 4 tones of ganja seed's id whant them back like you said thats a forrest. maybe its part of the talibans green initative "for every road side bomb we plant two tree "

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

Very funny...

Taliban green initiative. Right, that's a one-liner I have to borrow if you don't mind.

new topics

top topics

join