It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama calls African-Americans a 'mongrel people'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

President Obama calls African-Americans a 'mongrel people'

thehill.com

NEW YORK — President Obama waded into the national race debate in an unlikely setting and with an unusual choice of words: telling daytime talk show hosts that African-Americans are “sort of a mongrel people.”

The president appeared on ABC’s morning talk show “The View” Thursday, where he talked about the forced resignation of Agriculture Department official Shirley Sherrod, his experience with race and his roots.

When asked about his background, which includes a black father and white mother, Obama said of African-Americans: "We are sort of a mongrel people."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is interesting. Obama calling African-Americans "a mongrel people." This might go well in the 2112 elections when he loses a majority of his supporters from the black community.

The he backs it up with this:

"I mean we're all kinds of mixed up," Obama said. "That's actually true of white people as well, but we just know more about it."

What's going on here? Two years ago, the "black' half of him was bashing whites and he was recieving praise from the black community and now the "white" half of him is starting to bash the blacks.

It'll be interesting on how all this will play out in the coming days.

thehill.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Is anything Obama said not true?

Some people really need to lighten up sometimes.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So? I'm a mongrel, my kid is even more mongrel...we're all mongrels to one degree or another unless you can trace your line of ascension to the elites

Is this news because he used the word mongrel and not mutt? Mutt would be my preference, but whatever. Maybe if more of us were mutts, this BS would end.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
LOL!!i jsut read this over on prisonplanet.com someone under the reply section, put the defined meaning of mongeal- it was something like being the lower class of species of humans, something like. google mongreal in*
while it may have some kinda twsited professional meaning, to me, mongreal means something like varmint* less than that of a rodent or skunk or something....
THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK! or fire the person who wrote that speech for you.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

This is interesting. Obama calling African-Americans "a mongrel people." This might go well in the 2112 elections when he loses a majority of his supporters from the black community.

I am going to be the first to go on record and predict that Obama will indeed have 0 supporters in 2112. In fact, I am going to go even further to suggest that by the time 2112 rolls around, Obama will not even really be mentioned anywhere other than history books.

Anyone want to take me up on that?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sure it simply means of mixed origin but it's got to be the single most derogatory word with that meaning.

I take that back. Sambo and bastard are slightly more derogatory.

Cape Colored, Eurasian, animal, bastard, beast, cattalo, citrange, cross, crossbred, crossbreed, crossed, cur, dog, griffe, half-bred, half-breed, half-caste, half blood, high yellow, hinny, hound, hybrid, hyena, insect, interbred, ladino, liger, lurcher, mestee, mestiza, mestizo, metis, metisse, mixblood, mixed-blood, mulatto, mule, mustee, mutt, octoroon, pariah dog, pig, plumcot, polecat, quadroon, quintroon, reptile, sambo, serpent, skunk, snake, swine, tangelo, tigon, varmint, vermin, viper, whelp, worm, zebrass, zebrule
freethesaurus.net...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The word "mulatto", while meaning mule or mixed breed, always made me think of some type of coffee..

Reduced redundancy

[edit on 29/7/10 by CuteChimaera]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

Originally posted by Intelearthling

I am going to be the first to go on record and predict that Obama will indeed have 0 supporters in 2112. In fact, I am going to go even further to suggest that by the time 2112 rolls around, Obama will not even really be mentioned anywhere other than history books.

Anyone want to take me up on that?

Well that depends if Obama gets technology in the future that prolongs life, then he could still have a chance to try in 2112

I'm sort of half joking but we do live in a time of great change.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuteChimaera

The word "mulatto", while meaning mule or mixed breed, always made me think of some type of coffee..

Reduced redundancy

Starbucks commemorative "2112 Mulatto Mocha Latte"

Coming soon.

Well...not that soon.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well at least modern genetics supports obama even if the Tea Partyers don't. No great news! all true!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

That literal made me laugh out loud...on the internets that's a rarity for me!

No loads here....(spelling fix
)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

While it may be true what he says, there is far better way to convey the idea. A more appropriate term for the admixture of two races would be miscegenation, which is less vulgar and immune to offense. How one expresses oneself is how one will be recognized thereafter.

I was surprised to find that he was on the view and will have to watch the episode if it becomes available on Hulu.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Since he's an "all talk and no action" "leader". yes I said "leader" and not president, he's going to eventually stick his foot in his mouth to the point where it can't be removed.

Does anyone remember the "special olympics" comment on The Tonight Show? This one comment showed me what is in this guys head when talking about children with disabilities. Disabilities that they can't help and he's going to crack a joke about them.

In the article, he not only called blacks "mongrels", he called all Americans mongrels.

mongrel - derogatory term for a variation that is not genuine; something irregular or inferior or of dubious origin

mongrel - an inferior dog or one of mixed breed

After this comment, I forsee his ratings dropping another 5 points.

Does Havard produce this kind of idiot?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuteChimaera

Coffee in itself is mulatto. You pour white milk or creme into black coffee.

Obama was just trying to say we are a melting pot of different peoples but the blacks sometimes even more so.

I am not defending him. I for one am glad he is stupid enough to say something that will offend loads of people and cause them to turn against him.

Keep talking Obama without your teleprompter. The world is listening. Talk yourself out of the White House and into a lynch mob.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Maybe this why all of his school records are sealed, its not to protect
Obama but to protect the schools reputation for turning out someone
like Obama...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Meh, he can say whatever he likes at this point. He's a one-termer and he knows it.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dewi Winters
reply to post by Annee

While it may be true what he says, there is far better way to convey the idea. A more appropriate term for the admixture of two races would be miscegenation, which is less vulgar and immune to offense. How one expresses oneself is how one will be recognized thereafter.

I was surprised to find that he was on the view and will have to watch the episode if it becomes available on Hulu.

There are far better ways to say almost anything.

We can choose to understand his meaning - - - or be butts about it.

Sometimes an anthill is just an anthill - - - or should remain so.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Well that depends if Obama gets technology in the future that prolongs life, then he could still have a chance to try in 2112

I'm sort of half joking but we do live in a time of great change.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by _Phoenix_]

I was thinking of that and that is why I did not bother to say he would no longer still be with us since I entertained the thought he may. I am just still willing to bet his support falls signifigantly in the next 102 years.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Totally agree with you on the 2112
(I'm teasing.) I think I'd agree with you on 2012 too but you just really never know...I'm all for giving him a chance to help us out of this mess and let some of the programs try to start taking effect.

reply to post by AwakeinNM

That's what a lot of people said about...the other one too

[edit on 7/29/2010 by ~Lucidity]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join