It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Oil Spill Hoax Argument VINDICATED

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Has anyone, including you been through the gulf of mexico to verify this? I want to see your pics and or video to back it up PLEASE and thank you, if I recall you should live in the area and shouldn't be to hard for you to get pics...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I'll be sure to tell my husband's aunt that this is all a hoax. She had to move because she's 93 years old and couldn't handle the fumes. She also became emotionally grief stricken by all of the dead sea life she saw with her own eyes washing up ashore. And I'll be sure to tell my husband that what he saw and smelled while down there was a hoax too. He's visited there many times in his life... and never smelled fumes like that in his life.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
OK I get it. A writer who writes for the mainstream, but hangs around with whackos for street cred. Got it.

Nope. You still don't "get it"...

I'm a marketing communications writer for the B2B Business Process Management industry, if you really need to know. And you do need to know, so you'll rethink your unchecked speculation.

I write thought-leadership and marketing content for software companies, as well as for government agencies (yes, in Washington) who are trying to bring their archaic legacy business processes into the 21st Century. We're trying to create a "paperless" environment in the great halls of government, you see, and create transparency through all levels of government.

My current job as marketing communications writer was precipitated by an act of Congress known as Sarbanes/Oxley... You remember that one, right? It was the act passed by Congress early in the GWB administration, in the wake of the Enron and other financial scandals.

So, I help companies and government agencies become COMPLIANT with the "Public Company Accounting Reform and Investor Protection Act," as it was known in the Senate, and the "Corporate and Auditing Accountability and Responsibility Act," as it was known in the House. In the process, we streamline their business processes, enabling them to increase their productivity, improve company morale, et cetera, ad nauseum.

I've written God only knows how much fluffy marketing content, as well as scores of case studies and whitepapers for companies (and governments) around the world. My writing has twice won the WARIA Gold Award for Business Process Management Implementations in Pacific Rim corporations.

Beyond that, I write thought-leadership pieces for a number of university professors who must publish on a regular basis to maintain their stature (and tenures) in the academic community.

Before any of this, I wrote and published political rhetoric, columns, speeches and propaganda for elected officials. Money talked, BS walked.

Before that, way back in the dim past, the early 1980s, I was an actual degreed Journalist, an investigative reporter. The money sucked, so I went into marketing and political writing.

Now... I just wanted to share that with you and anyone else who's interested in order to clear the air and clarify my writing credentials, as well as explain, in some small way, my extraordinary knowledge of ALL KINDS of stuff. As a professional writer, I research and educate myself as I go, and my success in the business is enough proof — to me, who is the only person who counts, anyway — that I do know what I'm saying and doing.

Let's see, what else? Ah, as for slumming with the conspiracy theorists, I don't do so to give myself "street cred," as you so cynically put it. I slum with the CTs because it's relaxing for me, and I enjoy it.

I have enough "street cred" on my own, and a lot more than most members of ATS, I can tell you. So, chill.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/30/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

You saying that people that care about the environment are retarded?

Shame on you! I know of some real cheap land over by the Hanford Nuclear Site. It would be a good place for you to live and the water is real good to drink!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
I'll be sure to tell my husband's aunt that this is all a hoax blah blah blah mumbo jumbo and fried ice cream...

You do that. But when you go tell them, if you're referring to my argument, make sure you mention that I never denied that anything happened. I never said that. What I have said consistently and repeatedly is that it AINT AN ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER... Hate to break it to you, but smelly fumes and a few dead fish on the beach do not an "environmental catastrophe" make.

So you tell them that. But get the story straight.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Only time will tell what the true extent of the damage of the DWH spill will have on the environment. I tend to think it will be significant, but im not an expert and havent been there personally to see it first hand so i really cant give an informed opinion.

I will say this about the OP though,

There is nothing in the OP in the way of facts to back up Doc's original claim that it was a "Hoax" other than a single news article from cnn and alot of conjecture from Doc and him sourcing of his previous posts. The article nowhere suggests that it was a hoax, rather just merely points out that some scientists have yet to see many of the devestating effects from the spill that they expected to see. Not that there wasnt a spill and not that there arent many environmental damages, merely that they arent as bad as they expected to see, yet.

So without any facts to back up Doc's claim we are left with Docs's opinion and conjecture to determine if we should believe him or not. Which is not based on scientific research or knowledge of the subject, or a first hand account of him being in the gulf, only a hunch that he has apparently had from the beginning that it is a hoax.

Not only with Doc but with everyone we must consider the "credibility" of the person we are supposed to believe when no other facts are available.

Credibility is the "reasonable grounds for being believed" and one who is credible is usually deemed trustworthy.

In light of more recent events with Doc and his post history on ATS, one can only be skeptical of Doc.

So without any facts to back up that its a hoax and the fact that there seems to be a credibility issue with Doc himself, one can really only determine that Doc in no way proved his case, and reserve judgement until more information is provided.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by skull_bones]

[edit on 30-7-2010 by skull_bones]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
You saying that people that care about the environment are retarded?

Are you putting words in my mouth, or attempting to do so? Yes, you are.

I care about the environment. Lots of people care about the environment. BILLIONS of people care about the environment, okay?

However, NOT ALL people run around hysterically spewing doom-and-gloom and fear-mongering about environmental catastrophe. A contingent of these hysterical doomsayers infest the MSM, as well as the Gubbermint and the Educational system and even the halls of Science.

Such people are mentally deficient, in my opinion, and are, yes, functioning on a low, knee-jerk response level. I didn't invent the term "envirotards" or "eco-tards" or "environmental wackos," but I will not hesitate to point out such people and call them down for what they are — a cancer on society and an true threat to free thought.

— Doc Velocity

link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Your skill of leaving out facts and constant 'I AM RIGHT' attitude is sickening. You clearly leave out the dispersants being used, which is most likely the worst thing happening in the Gulf. You are right, crude oil constantly leaks, this much at a time though? How about the Corexit, which is a FACT that it is being used. You know NO MORE than anyone here Doc, I wish you would just stop with the 'IM RIGHT/YOUR WRONG' attitude as its not needed at all.

link   
*double post

[edit on 30-7-2010 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
No offence when I ask this, Doc, but is this basically a "How effing awesome am I??" thread you have created??? Was it created to stroke your own ego, or just to prove the age old "I'm right, you're wrong" argument???

Because from what I have seen, that's all it is. No offence intended, just seems like you created the thread to get a little ego boost..........

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by skull_bones
There is nothing in the OP in the way of facts to back up Doc's original claim that it was a "Hoax"

My original claim was and is that the story was sensationalized and blown out of proportion when no threat of "environmental catastrophe" actually existed.

THAT is what I call a HOAX.

Now, what you and others are trying to do is accuse me of being a Holocaust-Denier, which is a goddamned lie.

I have never said that the Deepwater Horizon spill was "staged" or was fabricated by the Shadow Government, the way the so-called 911 Truthers characterize the WTC and Pentagon attacks.

What I have SAID, REPEATEDLY, is that the Gulf Oil Spill was business as usual for the oil industry, but that the administration and the MSM decided to turn it into a CATASTROPHE to be exploited by the GREEN AGENDA.

Now, that's a HOAX, in anybody's book. But don't call me a denier. Because then I'll be forced to call you a liar.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/30/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Due to continued off-topic posts and personal attacks, this thread is temporarily closed for staff review.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join