It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Oil Spill Hoax Argument VINDICATED

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
That is my problem with his theory, as well. He claims the MSM are 'enviro-tards' who blow the story out of proportion, but then he relies on the MSM to uphold his own theory that there is no oil.

Its a glaring contradiction.

I agree that many on here are doomsayers lacking science, but arguing against them is not the same thing as your OP which claims that the oil is all gone..

Again, Dood, you're heading down a path of lies, which is what I've been fighting all summer. You need to back up and READ what I say and QUOTE ME ACCURATELY before you try to establish your lies as fact.

Are we clear?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Have Faith, folks, and never be afraid to stand up for what's RIGHT.

OK!

I have a headache after reading this THING!

There are just a couple of things, that I would like to remind you about, Doc, since I live between Gulfport and Biloxi.

Recall just last weekend, a tropical depression hit our area? It might have been a hurricaine, or a tropical storm, but it remaind a depression, thankfully, when it hit shore. Oil was pushed onto the beaches where I live, so there is still plenty of oil out there. It could have been a lot worse.

I saw it with my own eyes, and I have been to the beach a lot since this happened, so you argument holds no water with me! Could it be exaggerated somewhat by the media? Yes. My own opinion is that it is very bad, but not quite as bad as is let on to believe in the media.

And while you are on the bandwagon to prove what a hoax this has all been, rubbing our envirotard noses in it, there is one very important detail you have left out, that rather irks me.

Here ya go!

www.cnn.com...

But drive down the rural roads of Yorktown, Texas, to State Line, Mississippi, from the home of one of the youngest rig workers who died that day to the home of one of the most experienced who perished, and you see different images of this disaster.

Do you suppose these 11 dead guys were part of the hoax, too?

It might only be oil in water to you, but people died, dammit!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
However, in this instance, I would have to stand against your OP. First of all, you based it on a Time/CNN story. Everyone here knows that the MSM cannot always be trusted to post the truth when there are agendas afoot.

And, as I've already stated several times in this thread, the Time/CNN story is an ABOUT-FACE for the MSM.

THEY are contradicting themselves. THEY are the ones "pulling a 180," as Dood calls it (without the proof to back it up).

Which IS my vindication. The very FACT that the MSM is backtracking, questioning their own sensationalized reportage, is my vindication — it vindicates my ARGUMENT that the reported "catastrophic" nature of the oil spill was a HOAX.

Which is what I've been saying all along, from Day One.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I told you so threads are the best! I don't think anyone will really know the full damage for quite a while, quite possibly years. I hope you're right though and it ends up being minor.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

There are likely hundreds of thousands of people from fishermen, oil workers, restaurateurs, hoteliers, home owners and others who the Gulf Oil Spill has been a major catastrophe for.

The fact that it has not affected YOU does not mean that people who have truly been affected and stand to be effected for a very long time take any consolation in that.

To those people who have been adversely affected it is a catastrophe.

There is a large portion of reality in relation to this issue you seem to be have trouble grasping.

Burning your bridges in your local town is one thing doc; do you really want to burn them with ATS and the entire Gulf Region of the United States of America too?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Which IS my vindication. The very FACT that the MSM is backtracking, questioning their own sensationalized reportage, is my vindication — it vindicates my ARGUMENT that the reported "catastrophic" nature of the oil spill was a HOAX.

— Doc Velocity

their own sensationalized reportage

What, specifically, are you referring to? I agree that many on here are spreading lies and doom based on nothing, but as far as i can tell, the MSM has been down playing this from day one.

But you are indeed fantastic at burning down those straw men.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Oil was pushed onto the beaches where I live, so there is still plenty of oil out there. It could have been a lot worse....It might only be oil in water to you, but people died, dammit!

Don't give me that crap.

For over 30 years I lived in Southeast Texas, at ground zero of oil drilling and processing in the United States, where 65% of the petroleum in this nation is refined. I have seen refinery explosions and death tolls that would turn your hair gray from 10 miles away. I have known many families who lost sons and fathers in the most horrible ways imaginable, burned to charcoal but found standing upright, welded to steel railing like hideous, crumbling statues.

Don't give me that sob-story about people died, dammit!

The Deepwater Horizon rig caught fire and sank, people WENT MISSING — to my knowledge, the 11 bodies were never recovered. Did they wash up on your beach, by any chance?

Rigs have burned and people have died out there in the Gulf for my entire life, so I'm not terribly impressed with men who died doing a job that they knew could kill them at any moment. They took the risk, and it took them, just like it's been taking lives for over 50 or 60 years on the Gulf Coast.

Now, let me say this ONE MORE TIME, as I said in the first paragraph of the first thread that I started on this subject — The crude oil has been leaking and washing ashore in the Gulf for my entire life.

It has NEVER stopped.

You have swam in crude oil, you have fished in crude oil, you have breathed crude oil, and you have EATEN crude oil all your lives if you grew up on the Gulf Coast.

That's just the way it is.

The one thing you haven't done, for the last 50 years or so, is call it a catastrophe. The Deepwater Horizon was just one more incident of fire and death and oil spillage in the Gulf.

Fact is, because this has never been pushed by the Green agenda before now, YOU DON'T KNOW what has happened in the Gulf for the last half-century. Because the MSM didn't sensationalize it, you've been swimming in crude oil every time you went to the beach, and you didn't know it.

Why, folks, I'd be willing to bet that there have been OTHER oil spills on the same scale or even greater than Deepwater-Horizon in the Gulf in the past, but the MSM and the envirotards simply never knew or cared about it.

Until now. When they're trying to push a Global Union and a Green Economy on us.

The Deepwater Horizon incident happened, I never said otherwise. But the Deepwater Horizon was BUSINESS AS USUAL in the offshore oil-drilling industry.

The envirotards just chose to make Deepwater Horizon their poster child for ramming environmental policy reform down your throats.

And I call that A HOAX.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/29/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Don't give me that crap.

Nice!

As for the rest of your post, this isn't a contest. We are not soldiers arguing about who has seen more dead bodies on a battlefield.

This is the largest spill that has ever ocurred in the Gulf.

Get over yourself, your past experience does not negate the present, or the future in this case.

You have even said yourself that the MSM has been contradicting itself, and so? What exactly are you using that makes the case for your entire thread legitamate?

Is your crystal ball dusty?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
What, specifically, are you referring to? I agree that many on here are spreading lies...

When I refer to the sensationalized reportage of the MSM, I refer to SCORES of headline stories about vast, subsurface oil plumes which were supposed to reach ALL THE WAY to the the upper ATLANTIC COAST of Florida over a MONTH ago. I'm talking about anecdotal news stories of oil-soaked marshes where officials were quoted as saying "EVERYTHING IN THAT MARSH IS DEAD TONIGHT"... I'm talking about stories of GROUPS of dolphins washing ashore, presumably killed by the oil slick.

All of which were lies. No photos and no followup and no concrete evidence to back up ANY of it.

Now, if you somehow miraculously MISSED the circus of lies in the MSM, I'd have to say you haven't been living in the northern hemisphere for the last 4 months.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
PLEASE NOTE:

This thread is about the Gulf Oil Spill and Doc Velocity's hoax argument.
No about Doc himself or any other thread or topic.

Please stick to the topic, and do not discuss other members.
The word envirotard is not appropriate for civil discussion and its use will not be tolerated.

Thank you!

[edit on Thu Jul 29 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think this is great
Obama goes on National TV
about Oil spill
Doc comes on and says Obama is Lying.
At least Doc knows Obama is Lying.
I will accept the oil spill is a hoax if it
proves the President is Lying.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
kinda curious - pertaining to hoaxes and such doc... how did they get these satallite images all doctored up then?

I'm sorry if I'm wrong here but these satelite images clearly show huge amounts of oil

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Enviroretard here...
Why can't you admit your OP contains only your hunch which is baseless in the face of 10 years of research, sampling of ocean species, and scientific study of the Gulf of Mexico?
Let me introduce you to the local experts: Harte Research Institute of Texas A&M Univ.:
"In 2009 the Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies, Texas A&M University-
Corpus Christi, completed an all species inventory of the Gulf of Mexico (Felder, D.L. and D. K.
Camp [Editors]. 2009. Gulf of Mexico – Origin, Waters and Biota. Volume 1, Biodiversity. Texas
A&M University Press, 1393 pages). The volume was a remarkable undertaking, with 79
chapters involving 140 taxonomic experts from 80 institutions and 15 countries. That volume
has now been converted into a digital database and will soon be searchable on the web with a
tool kit to answer biodiversity questions (/biogomx-database). The database
allows anyone to ask how many species of each taxon live in different sections of the Gulf of
Mexico, at what depth, and on what substrate. From that database, we know that the NNE
octant of the Gulf (that area containing the Deep Horizon oil spill) contains 8332 species of
plants and animals. Including only the major taxa of animals at all depths in the region of the
spill, there are 1461 mollusks, 604 polychaetes, 1503 crustaceans, 1270 fishes, 4 sea turtles, 218
birds and 29 marine mammal species. This listing could be further subdivided by depth and
habitat type, or be compared to the adjacent NNW octant, which is considerably less speciose,
with 5394 species, or to any area of the Gulf."
HRI Research on Gulf Oil Spill
you have a lot of reading to do...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
By the way, one of my clients here in Miami owns a local boat towing service that operates a fleet of three recovery boats that can tow or raise pleasure craft and some smaller commercial vessels.

The truth is that he still operates those three boats but no longer here in Miami. Within the first couple weeks of the Oil Spill BP contacted him, and gave him a 1.2 million dollar contract for 3 months exclusive service to BP and had him move his boats to Mobile Alabama.

They have already signed another 3 month contract with him for another 1.2 million dollars to keep him in place in Mobile when the first contract expires. They have told him as of 2 weeks ago that they are expecting to require his services and his boats exclusively for a minimum period of 18 to 24 months.

What you are actually unaware of because the MSM only focuses on the ‘approved’ big details, is how many resources BP actually has marshaled, and how far and wide they have gone to get those resources to converge and consolidate in the Gulf in what truly is a huge operation involving thousands of ships and hundreds of thousands of people in a wide array of support and cleanup functions.

BP isn’t doing this simply because they love giving away money and having people sit around on their thumbs.

I have not asked my client any details about his work; because I know contractually he is not allowed to share them.

So if you really imagine that this has not been a catastrophe I think BP itself would beg to differ with you, as it certainly has been a catastrophe for them and their stock holders.

That still pales in comparison to the tens upon tens of thousands of people in the Gulf who have lost their livelihood or seen their revenues plummet as a result of this disaster.

It seems to me the people gravitating towards the extreme poles on either side of this issue are omitting way too many known facts, and speculating way too much in regards to what is going on in a very tightly controlled disaster zone.

This is really one of those issues where keeping an open mind, gravitating towards the center, and hoping for the best, because the best in all of our benefits would be the way to go.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
These videos clearly show dead animals....

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

As for the rest of your post, this isn't a contest. We are not soldiers arguing about who has seen more dead bodies on a battlefield. This is the largest spill that has ever ocurred in the Gulf.

Of course not. However, you first pushed the point that people died, dammit! Which, as I said, doesn't impress me, because people die terrible deaths in the oil industry ALL the time. NOR does it lend credence to the unfounded assertion that the Deepwater Horizon was the "largest oil spill that has ever occurred in the Gulf."

Frankly, you don't know that this is the largest oil spill in the Gulf. You don't know because no other oil spill in the Gulf has ever been USED to push environmental policy reform, as Deepwater Horizon was used.

Get over yourself, your past experience does not negate the present, or the future in this case.

Then get over yourself, on the same token. Your ignorance of the offshore drilling business DOES NOT negate anything that has gone before, including my 4-month-old argument.

You have even said yourself that the MSM has been contradicting itself, and so? What exactly are you using that makes the case for your entire thread legitamate?

Once again... If you KNEW what my argument WAS in the first place, if you'd ACTUALLY READ my argument and evidence dating back through this whole vaudeville routine called Deepwater Horizon, you would KNOW that I am saying this whole overblown hyper-sensationalized story is a HOAX to cause gullible people to think the world is coming to an end.

The FACT that Time/CNN is backtracking, questioning the EXAGGERATIONS in the media — questioning itself, essentially — and that other MSM outlets are now reporting on the mysteriously shrinking oil spill, is MY PROOF that the MSM have distorted and overblown and flat-out lied about the severity of the spill in the first place.

So, yeah, get over yourself and your righteous indignation because I called MANY people liars and charlatans, and now they're admitting it.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/29/2010 by Doc Velocity]

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory Please confine your remarks to the topic at hand, and not specific members. Adherence to this simple request is expected.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
ok, if the whole thing is a hoax, how do you explain the cover-ups starting from day one that have been parroted by the MSM? If they wanted it to be such a big huge event, why not tell people the truth that there are 2 leaks, the leak rate is 100,000 barrels a day, and so on? In fact, if they wanted to cover it up, they would be making up stuff that actually makes it look bad, but no, that would be too logical. And how do you explain the countless flyover videos with oil stretching from horizon to horizon? The photos in this video speak for themselves:
www.youtube.com...
And don't you think the THOUSANDS of people who live there would have said SOMETHING if the whole thing was a bunch of crap? Or have they all been quarantined there without anyone noticing too? This shouldn't be an argument at all, this is a load of bunk.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite
you have a lot of reading to do...

No, YOU have a lot of reading to do, my friend. You just keep your little nose glued to that database for the next two years and see if the marine population is affected IN ANY WAY by the Deepwater Horizon incident.

I'll wager that it's not. I'll wager that we hear more and more of these reports coming out in the MSM and in science journals and even from big bad Texas A&M attesting to the SHEER LACK of environmental damage from this nonexistent "catastrophe"... Whaddaya wanna bet?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The FACT that Time/CNN is backtracking, questioning the EXAGGERATIONS in the media — questioning itself, essentially

Would that be the Time/CNN who's current majority principal and preferred stock owner happens to be a Sauid Prince who's fortune is based on oil?

It would be one thing if you had actually done any first hand investigation, been inside the disaster zone, consulted with some scientists who are, or were basing this on anything but 24/7 News outlets desperate for filler for that 24/7.

Have you even counted the number of qualifying precursors to what that ONE report is claiming?

Have you considered how much of the Gulf Coast is dependant upon tourism and how important it is to a very huge industry and a very large number of people, that all needs to appear well in order to generate future bookings?

There are so many things missing from your speculation on a highly speculative article.

This kind of reminds me of some of the people who claim rock carvings from 5,000 years ago display proof positive that there are star gates.

In other words a lot of narrow focus that omits a whole lot of known information to support a highly speculative conclusion for the sake of an agenda.

It remains troubling some would discount so much that has caused so much hardship to so many for such a purpose.

[edit on 29/7/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It seems to me the people gravitating towards the extreme poles on either side of this issue are omitting way too many known facts, and speculating way too much in regards to what is going on in a very tightly controlled disaster zone.

This is really one of those issues where keeping an open mind, gravitating towards the center, and hoping for the best, because the best in all of our benefits would be the way to go.

Funny you should mention the center, I was thinking the same thing, it seems to have gotten lost in these major stories today, by gravitating toward the center sometimes you can get a much better perspective. Thanks Proto.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join