It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Oil Spill Hoax Argument VINDICATED

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
As you may recall, on May 3, 2010, only a couple of weeks after the Deepwater Horizon leak began, and after envirotards went on the warpath here on ATS and elsewhere in the MSM, your gentle Doc Velocity posted one of the more contentious posts and certainly one of the most damnable arguments:

Gulf Oil Spill Another Extinction-Level HOAX

I based my argument on the FACT that crude oil has been leaking into the Gulf at the hand of Mankind for my entire life (over 5 decades), and that crude oil NATURALLY leaks into the world's oceans and has done so nonstop for untold millions of years.

My argument, in a nutshell, is that Earth's oceans KNOW how to handle raw crude oil, and that it is NOT a threat to the marine environment.

To support my argument, I additionally posted threads concerning the very obvious SCARCITY of damage to beaches, and the SCARCITY of damage to marshlands, and the utter LACK of photos of massive wildlife kills.

Bogus Oil Slick Photo Circulating in MSM

FINALLY, The TRUTH About Chronic Oil Spillage DWARFS Deepwater Horizon

For my troubles, the envirotards came out of the woodwork to flame me and anyone else who DARED to call the "environmental catastrophe" what it actually WAS — a gigantic HOAX designed to drive environmental policy reforms, higher prices for food and fuel, and preposterous Carbon Taxes, Cap & Trade and everything else the Green Agenda failed to sell you during the Manmade Global Warming Hoax.

Now, barely a couple of weeks after the Deepwater Horizon leak was capped, we're starting to see these very peculiar news stories start to circulate in the MSM. Apparently, the massive oil slick, reported to be the size of the state of Kansas just three weeks ago, has already shrunk to the size of the state of New Hampsire — a DRASTIC and apparently NATURAL reduction, due entirely to the OCEAN resorbing and degrading the oil ALL BY ITSELF.

Additionally, I take from TODAY's Time/CNN reportage:

The BP Spill: Has the Damage Been Exaggerated?

The BP Spill: Has the Damage Been Exaggerated?

Yes, the spill killed birds — but so far, less than 1% of the birds killed by the Exxon Valdez. Yes, we've heard horror stories about oiled dolphins — but, so far, wildlife response teams have collected only three visibly oiled carcasses of any mammals. Yes, the spill prompted harsh restrictions on fishing and shrimping, but so far, the region's fish and shrimp have tested clean, and the restrictions are gradually being lifted. And, yes, scientists have warned that the oil could accelerate the destruction of Louisiana's disintegrating coastal marshes — a real slow-motion ecological calamity — but, so far, shorelines assessment teams have only found about 350 acres of oiled marshes, when Louisiana was already losing about 15,000 acres of wetlands every year.

Read more: www.time.com...

WHAT?? HOW CAN THIS BE?

Because Doc Velocity IS the Kwisatz Haderach!

— Doc Velocity

P.S. Thanks to all the faithful supporters and ATS administrators that went to bat for me regarding other unrelated but nonetheless distasteful events that went down last week. Have Faith, folks, and never be afraid to stand up for what's RIGHT.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well, not only are you omitting in it’s entirety what effect the massive spraying of dispersants has had on the visible portions of the slick, but the fact that most credible scientists have no idea what the longer term impact of so much oil and so many chemical dispersants is going to be.

Further you have failed to note that many areas are off limits even to the press, and when they are made available to the press it’s under BP’s control.

You have also managed to omit the fact that all contract workers are under a strict contract that prohibits them from sharing information in regards to what they are encountering in their work.

The fact that you have a special derogatory name for people concerned about all this causes me to think of this.

“When you have no basis for your argument, abuse the plaintiff” Marcus Cicero

It will be years if not decades until the full effects of the Gulf Oil Spill and the massive amount of highly toxic chemical dispersants sprayed on it will be fully known.

[edit on 29/7/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread...I was scolded, yelled at, and called a f'ing retard for claims that the oil spill was fake... now that no oil is showing up, although the estimated leaked oil is into millions of barrels, people now state that the disperssant has placed it under the waters surface.. a bunch of BS... I still cannot believe that 99% of the truth community has bought the Oil Spill False Flag story... and in the face of overwhelming evidence evidence to the contrary, are still believing it.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Well, not only are you omitting...

I omit nothing. I'm not going to include this unsubstantiated suspicion on the part of the foaming envirotards that there is UNKNOWN damage to the environment, because there's no science to support that gossip.

What we are SEEING, and what the MSM has only now acknowledged, is that this "largest oil spill in history" — which is a LIE — has had even LESS observable environmental impact than the Exxon Valdez.

When you come up with hard Science to prove your SUSPICION that Deepwater Horizon was an environmental catastrophe — which it was NOT — then I might take the foaming hysterics a bit more seriously.

Until then, I stand on my observations and the observations of others that The Emperor Never Had Any Clothes.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Corexit wasn't used in the Valdez spill. From what I understand its role was to disperse the oil underwater, and many discussions on the board suggest this was done on purpose to make it very difficult to estimate the size of the spill.

There are numerous reports of huge plumes of oil being found underwater...

www.washingtonpost.com... /27/AR2010052703667.html

You're completely ignoring huge aspects of this story to support one of your previous threads. The OP reads like the writings of someone that's cast aside their physical body and ascended into PURE EGO, with giant capital letters to boot.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

What we are seeing is only what we are being permitted to see in a heavily censured process.

Fact a ‘no fly’ zone exists over much of the tainted area.

Fact only 1/3 of the affected area has been reopened to fishing, but…with strict testing requirements for fish caught there, and none of those test results have been published yet.

Fact top researchers at several Gulf States Universities are conducting tests and studies that may involve months of testing and retesting and retesting before the results are published.

Science is not an on demand process like Internet Shopping, it is a slow methodical and laborious process with several redundant and duplicate layers to ensure accuracy in the results.

Fact the well has yet to be killed.

No credible scientist would base an opinion at this early stage of this disaster.

Your thread is based purely on hubris and self promotion and discounts wholesale the fluidity of the situation and the scientific process, and many, many pertinent details in a rush to draw a conclusion that in fact would serve absolutely no one well but you!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightfold
The OP reads like the writings of someone that's cast aside their physical body and ascended into PURE EGO, with giant capital letters to boot.

So, do you think I'm writing for Time/CNN now? I posted a link to the story in the OP. Did you bother to read it? You think it's inconsequential that Time/CNN has posted a prominent story about the mysterious ABSENCE of environmental damage?

Face it, you were WRONG. The ocean is resorbing the oil, there have been no mass die-offs, no coastal evacuations, the fishing restrictions are ALREADY being lifted, and there is NO SCIENCE behind your contention that this is going to harm the marine environment.

The FACT is that Mankind dumps over 300 million gallons of oil — both crude and refined — into the Earth's oceans EVERY YEAR, and it's been going on since before most of the ATS community was even born. Even before Mankind started polluting, the Earth NATURALLY leaked MILLIONS of gallons of crude into its own oceans every year for millions of years.

There are even microbial life forms that consume crude oil. Do you think they evolved in just the last two weeks? No, they evolved over MILLIONS of years due to nonstop exposure to oil in the marine environment.

It's the shortsighted envirotards who need to return to school on this issue, rather than flaming THOSE WHO KNOW the facts.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

It's the shortsighted envirotards who need to return to school on this issue, rather than flaming THOSE WHO KNOW the facts.

So is this thread about spreading truth, or about attacking people that have a different opinion?

I though you said you past 50, why not act like it?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightfold

You're completely ignoring huge aspects of this story to support one of your previous threads. The OP reads like the writings of someone that's cast aside their physical body and ascended into PURE EGO, with giant capital letters to boot.

Agreed...
Also, it's way too soon to declare, "everything's fine."

Doc, the claim that the entire event was staged seems pretty implausible at this point, and the burden of proof is on YOU to provide evidence to support your claims if you intend to present a credible argument...but, I don't think that's your intention at all, is it?

"enviro-tard?" wow...where exactly do you live?...in a bubble?...you're outside this environment?...you don't think taking a position of activism or intent to preserve and protect the environment we live in is a worthy cause?

In the words of the great "blow-tard", "You my good man, are a bufoon!"

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
So, do you think I'm writing for Time/CNN now? I posted a link to the story in the OP. Did you bother to read it? You think it's inconsequential that Time/CNN has posted a prominent story about the mysterious ABSENCE of environmental damage?

Good for CNN. It's as inconsquential as the numerous MSM sources that have posted 'end of the world' stories. I disbelieve them both equally until someone presents hard evidence one way or the other.

Face it, you were WRONG. The ocean is resorbing the oil, there have been no mass die-offs, no coastal evacuations, the fishing restrictions are ALREADY being lifted, and there is NO SCIENCE behind your contention that this is going to harm the marine environment.

I wasn't wrong about anything, I was stating the fact that there's too little evidence to draw the conclusion you've drawn at this time. I suspect you're trolling as I don't understand why anyone would draw the conclusion you have based on the evidence provided.

Clearly the parallels you draw between the Valdez and this incident aren't valid. The 'Deepwater Disaster' involved a massive underground leak with dispersant chemicals sprayed at the source, all miles under water. 'On surface' disasters are clearly different. The oil was deliberately held underwater in this case, and you're still ignoring that issue.

The FACT is that Mankind dumps over 300 million gallons of oil — both crude and refined — into the Earth's oceans EVERY YEAR, and it's been going on since before most of the ATS community was even born. Even before Mankind started polluting, the Earth NATURALLY leaked MILLIONS of gallons of crude into its own oceans every year for millions of years.

There are even microbial life forms that consume crude oil. Do you think they evolved in just the last two weeks? No, they evolved over MILLIONS of years due to nonstop exposure to oil in the marine environment.

Indeed, you're correct there. The speed of the 'oil digestion' would be unprecedented tho, don't you think? The sea didn't just eat all the Valdez oil overnight. Would you agree that it's plausible and possible that there are massive underwater plumes that were created by the use of dispersant?

I refer you to my previous 'PURE EGO' point.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by eightfold]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Doc created a straw man, and now its been proven it's a straw man he's claiming he was vindicated.

Sorry, but whilst this was the biggest oil spill in history and has and will continue to have damaging effects on the local ecology, no-one who knew what they were talking about - except Doc - ever thought it would be a massive extinction level event.

This was pointed out to him in his original thread.

So, basically, Doc was wrong and now he's admitting it.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Essan]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The fact that you are referring to those who care for this Earth as envirotards is fairly telling.

While I am aware that oil gets into the water naturally this leak was not a natural leak. Volcanoes ALSO erupt naturally but if one did so, violently, and threatened people and wildlife, we wouldn't shrug that off simply because its natural. You seem to be saying that nature's equilibrium cannot be upset, that because something happens naturally it can't possibly be bad thing when it comes up by human error.

How much more so should we be concerned when WE are the ones causing the damage? Quite a bit I should think.

While I do think the oil spill has been overly hyped as a bigger disaster than it is I also think we shouldn't downplay it and certainly shouldn't look at people's passion for environmentalism as a bad thing that makes them "envirotards".

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

You say that this spill has been Hyped to seem like a bigger disaster than it is- no, we know exactly how much oil has supposedly been leaking into the gulf from the video feed from BP. The problem now is that, according to the BP camera shot, there are millions of gallons of oil in Gulf right now... though minimal oil is showing up.

A minor spill compared to this one, the Exxon Valdez, caused devastating damage to the coastline, and wildlife. We see none of that here. The fact that oil is not showing up anywhere in Gulf does not hint that spill was Hyped, but actually fiction from the beginning.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I have a slight problem with your credibility.
I will leave it at that.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
nvm.
not playing

[edit on 29-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Doc, this is a sincere question that came to mind after reading the original post. What is your perspective regarding why the Gulf of Mexico oil was, shall we say, processed by nature, while the Exxon Valdez oil was not processed in the same way? I suspect your point about the Gulf oil being natural crude will be part of your answer. Please share your view on this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join