It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Lantern Diplomacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c8483be0b34.jpg[/atsimg]

Camp Cameron's Business tour is to business what a Sky Lantern is to Ufologist.. A deception.

Camp Cameron's team have covered many air miles recently, when landing in the US We witnessed the typical aesthetics of a warm welcome but hidden beneath the Vail we know how frosty relation are.

A politely chilly message to President Obama: "we're with you until the end in Afghanistan, as long as you hurry the end up"
on the issues BP and AL-Megrahi David Cameron attempted to wash his hands of the release of the Lockerbie bomber except for saying 'It was a terrible mistake".

When asked whether the oil giant had lobbied for Megrahi's release, Mr Cameron said: 'I have no idea what BP did, I am not responsible for BP".

However Mr Cameron will defend BP, insisting that the decision was taken by the Scottish Executive not the last government and there is no evidence to support the claims that the firm had undue influence.

Coalition partner Nick Clegg. During the Election campaign, the Lib Dem leader said it was ‘rather embarrassing the way Conservative and Labour politicians talk in this kind of slavish way about the special relationship’.

And in Washington, the consensus is that the Cameron administration is unlikely to use force against Iran’s nuclear programme.

I think it's safe to say that the "special relationship" is a deception.

So now the wind blows East and the beginning of the Camp Cameron's business tour flew into Turkey.

All talks of trade agreements seemed to pale into insignificance when David Cameron declared Gaza was “a prison camp” he made it very clear that It takes two to create this scale of misery and maintain it, which can only be seen as an attack on Israel.

Turkish host Tayyip Erdogan is at loggerheads with Israel over the recent aid-ship fiasco and was a vital link to help to break the Iran nuclear stalemate but now this seems hopeless compounded by the fact that Turkey and Iran are a Growing Alliance!

Recently, their relationship made headlines when Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan supported Iran’s right to a nuclear program.
Erdogen was quoted as saying that Iran’s nuclear program ” is an energy project with peaceful, humanitarian purposes”. He said talks between Tehran and world powers in Geneva on October 1 showed that it “can work with” the United States and Russia on
uranium enrichment. As Al Jazeera reported his latest remarks came after an interview in Britain’s The Guardian newspaper in which he accused Western powers of treating Iran unfairly and referred to Ahmadinejad as a “friend”

Trade between the two countries, for example, hit $10 billion in 2008, compared to a level of $1 billion in 2000. Iran also supplies close to a third of Turkey’s gas supply.

Maybe Camp Cameron wants a piece of the pie? something the US and Israel will keep their eye on with interest I'm sure,
Britain, which is small in size but adept at global trade, is not well served by the EU, which the Tory leader has caricatured as an “exclusive club”.
In Ankara, the PM seemed to suggest he understood Turkey's annoyance at being left out — because Britain had been similarly marginalised, unlike Merkel and Sarkozy who are opponents of Turkish membership, on the grounds that a partly Islamic country is a bad fit with a club of Christian Western powers, David Cameron is making it clear that he is not Old Europe and is forming new alliances.

Settling down from the turbulence Camp Cameron flies into India with the largest British delegation since the sun came down on the Raj in 1947.

I'm sure the business meetings went swimmingly but the real reason for this journey that is not just trade partnership but but forging a greater alliance.

Mr Cameron accused Islamabad of "looking both ways" - publicly condemning the Taliban while secretly supporting Afghan militants.

"we cannot tolerate in any sense the idea that this country is able, in any way, to promote the export of terror, whether to India or whether to Afghanistan or anywhere else in the world."

Coincidentally Cameron's comments come only days after Wiki-leaks publication of classified US files detailing allegations that Pakistan's intelligence agency had armed and trained the Taliban.

Like I said at the beginning of my post I see the Camp Cameron's Business tour a bit of a deception. although the back scratching and trade agreements will be signed more importantly I see a real positioning of British diplomacy in the world, an independence from the old guard, a new voice, making a stand for whats right and whats wrong in the world, comments regarding Israel and Pakistan from this Camp Cameron stage coach is well over due and addressing the immediate problems we face, standing side by side with the American people but cleaning the dirt from your policy makers and our gullible pool of greedy MPs.

I hope so...

new topics

join