It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP live ROV feeds a 'DVD'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This just struck me as incredibly odd and well, could mean what a lot of us have been thinking: The ROV feeds that BP have been showing us are fake. Well...this could be the smoking gun that those guys have been looking for.

This image was taken on the Ocean Intervention III ROV 2, just about 30 minutes or so ago at about 11:58 AM EDT. I was left with wondering a few things: Why would a live feed have a DVD? Not to mention the box telling the operator that the drawer is open. The ROV was showing alleged live sonar at the time. And suddenly this screen popped up:

Link to all known ROV feeds: morpheastruth.webs.com...

I managed to get the screen shot literally a second before they green screened the ROV. So my thoughts are: Why a DVD? Have the live feeds been pre recorded and we are all seeing DVDs? The data overlay (direction, UTM, time, date) could all be used like a news network puts their time, date and tickers over live shots or stock video. Is that what we are seeing on the ROVs? we know the ships are in the Gulf near the Deepwater well so could the live data be where the ships are? The depth could easily be manipulated or it could be placed on the overlay from data on the DVD...

I am not saying this is the case, but it sure doesn't make sense. I will let ATS discuss this and maybe you guys can debunk it or confirm it.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Those SOB's better get with the program! I am sick of thier lies.....something HAS to be done about all this! I don't feel I can trust anything anymore.....

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It seems very odd yes. But if it was a dvd, why the heck have they taken the logo with it? its very unprofessional done then. But then again, why would it show a dvd logo, on the live feed? Hmm.

Oh, and you are sure its not something that your TV does? or dvd player.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
perhaps, and just perhaps....

the R.O.V.s actually RECORD their cameras' footage to ... DVD ...

if only and even for further review/dissemination After the fact. (?)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
perhaps, and just perhaps....

the R.O.V.s actually RECORD their cameras' footage to ... DVD ...

if only and even for further review/dissemination After the fact. (?)

Why would they record it to DVD, surely it'd be slightly wiser to use some form of computer to record it on. You'd have to keep changing the DVDs every couple of hours. that doesn't make sense.

is it still like it? I haven't got windows media player on this, so it won't show me the screens.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

It looks like a sony DVD player.

I am going to look into it.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

They're connected to "the surface ship" via a sort of "umbilical cord", both for operational control as well as video, statistical and analytical current-state feedback.

What the "image" shows would seem to be from the surface ship's controlling system/computer as opposed to the R.O.V. itself ... a mile down in the Gulf. (?)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
*shrugs* maybe, I dunno. I can't profess to know much about streaming video on land, let alone from under the sea

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Now this is showing on Ocean Intervention III - ROV 1

Ocean Intervention III - ROV 2 is showing a green screen right now

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8d2e4424662.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 29/7/2010 by Endpoind]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
After playing a dvd on a Sony dvd player after removing the disc that is the screen you get.

Don't you people have dvd players? That's what happens when you remove the dvd...

Just like our UFO videos here on ATS if it was put on dvd and then played back for us (which it shouldn't because it is supposed to be "live") then it is subject to manipulation.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
There is a server somewhere connected to the internet sending a live feed from a video source. That video source must be a DVD player/recorder for you to have seen that splash screen.

If it is recording a video feed to a DVD, then the feed is going into the DVD-R and from there to the web server.

Of note is the fact that it is showing the DVD "VIDEO" logo and not the DVD "R" logo that you would expect on a recorder. Maybe that indicates you are indeed watching a recording off a DVD player and not seeing the OSD from a recorder that was switched to 'play mode' for some reason.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I am surprised that so many people actually thought the "Live Feed" was live.

Of course it's not live.

How else can they hide things we are not suppose to see?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
After playing a dvd on a Sony dvd player after removing the disc that is the screen you get.

Don't you people have dvd players? That's what happens when you remove the dvd...

Just like our UFO videos here on ATS if it was put on dvd and then played back for us (which it shouldn't because it is supposed to be "live") then it is subject to manipulation.

Isnt it possible that it was because they are recording, instead of playing back?

Or no?

Originally posted by vinrock
There is a server somewhere connected to the internet sending a live feed from a video source. That video source must be a DVD player/recorder for you to have seen that splash screen.

If it is recording a video feed to a DVD, then the feed is going into the DVD-R and from there to the web server.

Of note is the fact that it is showing the DVD "VIDEO" logo and not the DVD "R" logo that you would expect on a recorder. Maybe that indicates you are indeed watching a recording off a DVD player and not seeing the OSD from a recorder that was switched to 'play mode' for some reason.

Hmmmm, good point.

Can we get some clarification?

[edit on 30-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinrock

Not necessarily true...

If the R.O.V. is shipside (out of the water) it's view or feed would merely be that of the controlling computer/system relaying the same. (?)

...hence the current DVD/Desktop "feed"

They're occasionally brought to the surface for maintenance, repairs and what not ..., with their mile+ down sojourn often requiring the same to ensue proper function whilst submersed

ME?
In no way indicative of prerecorded "video" being "shown" whilst submerged and on-site at mile+ depth range.

To each their own, I guess....

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
you'll get more truth from a steven spielberg movie.

top topics

join