It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1850s shipwreck found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

1850s shipwreck found

www.theage.com.au

Canadians have found the wreck of a British ship lost in the Arctic 157 years ago.

HMS Investigator, sent by London in 1850 to try to find the crew of explorer Sir John Franklin, which went missing years earlier, was found on Sunday using sonar in 11 metres of water at Banks Island, in the west of the Arctic archipelago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nunatsiaqonline.ca

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The article says: ''It's the history of a crew of over 60 men that had to winter two times in the Arctic and being locked two years in the ice.'' I wonder if that was when the last men passed on, must have been very tough living there existing on what food was carried on the ship then found in the area.

The additional link has further information although I do disagree that it boosts Canada's sovereignty as stated by Jim Prentice, the Federal Environment Minister and Minister for Parks but is the way the gov't hides the increase in the exploitation of the resources up in the Artic.

www.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Nothing says sovereignty like a nice oil spill...
seismic testing?
It would be a great country if we just tossed everything but the ry

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Yes, great country. I do feel our government does not serve us the best it can, but serves itself. I didn't know about the Seismic testing- you are probably right that they are doing that for oil pockets much like what was found when BP did similar testing and found that U-boat.

new topics

top topics

join