It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E8-Unified Field Theory Completed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If you dont know what I'm talking about...I am talking about the last theory the great Albert Einstein was working on just before he passed. He was working on a theory that brought all theory's together under one nicely masterful grand unification theory. Sadly Einstein could not make a completed theory...there were too many 'gaps' and contradictions with other theorys.

Ran across an artical about this guy...Garrett Lisi 39 years old. Few years ago he proposed a very well put together unification field theory based on a E8. What is E8?

"Lisi's inspiration lies in the most elegant and intricate shape known to mathematics, called E8 - a complex, eight-dimensional mathematical pattern with 248 points first found in 1887, but only fully understood by mathematicians this year after workings, that, if written out in tiny print, would cover an area the size of Manhattan.

E8 encapsulates the symmetries of a geometric object that is 57-dimensional and is itself is 248-dimensional. Lisi says "I think our universe is this beautiful shape."

Basically out of those 248 points he could place the forces of the univers down to the subatomic level and so forth. He had approximaely 20 points left where he placed commonly theorised particals and forces yet confirmed...but may have already been because at that time the LHC was being finished (seems its always being worked on understandably).

Blends into them trying to find the "Higgs" God Partical and current events.

Check out the artical and tell me what you think...I have pondered on this unification theory ever since I got into quantum mechanics...I am truely amazed at how close we are.

On that note...what are your thoughts pertaining to this artical and subject?

Thanks Guys.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Does this E8 model give us anti-gravity force for spacecraft launch and propulsion?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
An even more unified "theory" (only it is not a theory) that contains E8 but in the context of the cosmic blueprint called in the bible the "Tree of Life":
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...
Proof, it seems, that God has indeed designed the universe around E8 and E8xE8.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
"E8-Unified Field Theory Completed"

How can his theory be 'completed' if he still has voids in his equation?

Or am I missing something?

Oh and BTW- I looked for a picture of this 'shape' on the webpage, but could not find it.

Do you have a pic that you can post on here that shows just what this shape looks like? If so, id really like to see it.(NEVERMIND- THE POSTER ABOVE ME PROVIDED IT) Thanks !

Thanks for this!

edit

OH- One More thing- What is "The Tree Of Life" mean? Does it mean what I think it does, and that is how everything in this universe is 'grown' so to speak?

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You can see the paper with a represntation here: Arxiv

You should be able to see the image here
Of course 'Exceptionally Simple' is relative

To 'Common Good' sorry I forgot to log out of New Scientist to check if registration was required first.

[edit on 29/7/2010 by LightFantastic]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

I cant see it. And it also is asking me to subscribe. I tried clicking on the link in the paragraph at top, but that didnt help either.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Well...E8 cant fit on a page...has wayyyyy to many points man...not even a holigram would do it justice...like the artical said "If put on a piece of paper it would take up the space of manhattan.

Its huge...thus being able to embody all the elements and mulit-dementional properties...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

I wouldnt be able to say...I'll see what else I can find but more than likely not...oh hold on I think I might have something else here.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Ok...here is his proposal and has a image too.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Reconer

Yea, this is way over my head, Im just trying to make sense of it all(not being that versed in this field).

Soif the collider produces these missing particles, is that when the mathmaticians will come out and say "okay, lets do themath", or did they already do the math, and are just now looking for the particles to to verify their diagnosis?

(and I am sorry if I am taking up too much space on this thread, I just like things broken down in Common Good terms). =)

Oh and btw- that video you linked me to on wikipedia- would that alsoexplain the contraction of our universe? is that what it is supposed to represent?

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Soif the collider produces these missing particles, is that when the mathmaticians will come out and say "okay, lets do themath", or did they already do the math, and are just now looking for the particles to to verify their diagnosis?
Lisi has made the prediction in his paper:

en.wikipedia.org...

By matching 226 known standard model particles to some of the 248 symmetries of E8, Lisi is able to predict the existence and quantum numbers of 22 new particles....

Since Lisi does not specify masses for these particles their prediction is not falsifiable by non-discovery in any given experiment, because the masses could exceed the experiment's reach. However, the discovery of new particles that do not fit in Lisi's classification, such as superpartners, would fall outside the model, and falsify Lisi's match to E8.

So his theory is falsifiable by future experiments in the LHC, if particles are discovered that don't fit his theory.

It's unfortunate Lisi wasn't able to predict masses for the particles his theory predicts which might allow his theory to be proven.

So it's only possible to prove his theory false, but apparently nobody knows how to prove if it's true because he wasn't able to predict masses for the particles his theory predicts.

At least the falsifiability aspect gives it some possible connection to real world experiments, something we haven't seen from string theory yet which Lisi criticizes.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well...the LHC 'hadron collider' is being used to find some of the already proposed theoredical particals and the forces that come with them...they theorise these and lastly they experiement to verify...which they are. And doing do they obviously can and will find other forces and particals that come with the experiment....thus adding to the mystery and creating exitment which make more theorys...

Nothing is permanent in science theory cause the further out you get trying to explain things the more math and prooving comes along with it (experimenting). Thats why they can only theorise with some of these things cause look at the LHC...how hard this thing was to build and the challenges it has created just to proove a small little partical or how that little partical reacts to an outside force or whaterver...so on and so on.

This E8 theory is sweet...its just prooving it is the problem and thats why scientists and physicist are overwhelmed with such a thing...the theory connecting everything is basically the final frontier with quantum mechanics and physics...then they can just enjoy the knowledge and build cool stuff from it..

cause if they know how everthing is connected and works..they can design structures and vehicles (star trek stuff) to work with the universal design instead of going against some of those other forces...which creates work...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Reconer

Thats what scares me a little bit(and I dont know if its founded or not).
Humans, IMO, have the ability to figure things out. What happens when we figure out how this universe is held together and how it operates, what then? Do we become Gods? Is there going to be a point where there is no more to learn? Will there be a point where we surpass what god has achieved? Will we then be able to make our own stars, and planets, simply by smashing a couple particles together? Should we really have this kind of power? Do scientists ever take these things into consideration? I meanlook at what we do to our own planet, I dont know if we should be entrusted with such knowledge sometimes, we are not very responsible.
All semantics I know, its just things like this scare the crap out of me sometimes.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Well...here is the gray area. If their is a God or the Universe is truly aware...I really dont think it will allow us to understand that knowledge unless we have retained enlightenment as a whole race..a society.

Secondly, there is the good ol' idea that if the universe created us in its image (God) if and when we figure out this unified theory and what comes along with it...will we finally know who we are (GOD)? Maybe that is why we are consistantly searching for who we are and what we call "I."

Story goes the universe created itself to experience what it was...basically it created the vast primordial pool of a universal soup kitchen so it can answer the question "I am." So basically we are all sorta like GODS little agents working on his behalf to really answer the final question for him and ourselves..."Who am I...What am I...Where am I...." so on...

The real scary part is if we find out...in that moment of awe...if just one person knew...that would me GOD would know...and he would no longer feel the need to "search" for those questions...would the universe cease to exist in that very moment? Creating a paradoxal shift...or the ultimate glitch...GODS only weakness...?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

If this works (the embed I mean) it should help a little any way.
STH

edit: I suppose it will remain a mystery.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by stopthathurts]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Can someone explain if this is UFT how gravity relates to time then?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thats the challenge isn't it?

If we don't generate the technology, the universe will eventually snuff us out. The road back to some hippy non technology society is the road to guaranteed extinction. You only have to look at astronomy to see how violent a place the universe is and you can only play the odds for so long.

If we do, and we don't grow up at the same time, we'll snuff ourselves out.

A bit like betting the keys to your first car, but on a cosmological scale :-)

[edit on 29-7-2010 by justwokeup]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reconer

Story goes the universe created itself to experience what it was...basically it created the vast primordial pool of a universal soup kitchen so it can answer the question "I am." So basically we are all sorta like GODS little agents working on his behalf to really answer the final question for him and ourselves..."Who am I...What am I...Where am I...." so on...

The real scary part is if we find out...in that moment of awe...if just one person knew...that would me GOD would know...and he would no longer feel the need to "search" for those questions...would the universe cease to exist in that very moment? Creating a paradoxal shift...or the ultimate glitch...GODS only weakness...?

That..... Was some poetic stuff you just wrote.

I dont even know how to respond back to that. haha.

I hope that when and if that time comes, that instead of ceasing to exist, that maybe, just maybe, that this universe (or god if youwill)would become 'aware' and fix all of the problems that it was unaware of.
After that, its anyones ball game I guess. I really hope that I am still alive to at least see 'the shift' or 'glitch' as you so well put. (all this considering that other races from different planets millions if not billions of years more advanced than us hasnt already achieved such a feat).

Thank You. This thread has opened my eyes a little more.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Can someone explain if this is UFT how gravity relates to time then?
LightFantastic posted the link, gravity is discussed on page 25.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Reconer

Any theory that isn't closed form and based on classical physics is wrong.

There are only 3 dimensions.

Space does not bend.

Everything else is smoke and mirrors to keep the high priests of science funded and secure behind their wall of obscure mathematics.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join