It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for crop circles made by aliens fans.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by Acidtastic

The flaw in that kind of thinking is what allows ignorance and gullibility to flourish, on ATS and in general.
It also allows believers to just dismiss anything that doesn't conform to their dogma. Handy , no?
I know many of you don't see it, but it's there!
Again, anything may be possible, but not everything is likely.
I know what you mean, I guess that's where the personal BS filter comes in, some people have it set to high, some too low, and some threw it out
I don't see it as a problem, i like to entertain ideas that are not based in solid fact.

(I note you didn't comment on the bit i posted about the stalks being bent halfway up the plant, I wonder, did you dissmiss it because it didn't conform to your ideas?
)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There is no proof all crop circles are hoaxed. Hoaxes (and it only took a couple) became a problem around 1989, coincidentally about the time crop circles were being ‘noticed’. Hmm. I’m sure the alphabet agencies wouldn’t promote a few hoaxes to discredit ALL crop circles now, would they.

I continue to be amazed how well most people in this site fall for the party line. And at this moment the party line is all crop circles are made by hoaxers. Really? And your great insights come from decades of research and being there, no doubt.

I suppose everyone who has concluded that ALL crop circles are hoaxes can explain the following please:

1. Why are crops genetically altered and produce an electro magnetic field that mirrors the circle.
2. Why do the vast majority of circles appear without trespassers heard? Seen?
3. There are accounts of over seventy witnesses who claim they hear a sound similar to ‘purring’, seen spheres of light about 18” that under ten seconds spiral out from the center creating the circle
4. Most crop circles are anchored on a ley line
5. Some crops don’t grow back the following year leaving an ‘impression’ of last years circle
6. If crops are formed while fields are young it produces an inferior yield and seeds that fail.
7. If crops are formed in mature fields, the seeds and plants thrive
8. There is film footage of UFO’s observing circles but no one has witnessed a UFO making one
9. Circles are up to 900 feet (or more) across and accurate within inches when measured.

I kept my notes from meeting with Colin Andrews about ten years ago. He is an engineer and set out to “explain” the circles when they first started occurring as an employee of the government. Years later he quit his job to explore them full time because he was unable to explain away 90 percent of them. If you want the proof of these summaries, I suggest you respectfully ask him because it was part of his presentation. However based on the general mentality of posters here, most will “call it a hoax” based on….. opinion…. not real research!

Yet a couple hoaxers two decades ago have convinced the all knowing mass of arm chair, internet researchers they are ALL hoaxes. Really?

Why aren’t they in the deserts and forests? Who are you to say they aren’t? It’s amazing people presume because they don’t know about it then it simply doesn’t exist. There have been reports of crop circles elsewhere in the world, they are not exclusive to England.

And of course let’s not forget all those people in on the joke to “cash in”. This is as much a ridiculous reason to claim it’s a hoax as it is to claim everyone who writes a book and has the gall to charge money is a scammer. First of all, Busty Taylor could not continue to cover crop circles because he had to hire a private plane to fly over and take photos. The rental of the plane time and time again was cost prohibitive to him and his pocket book. Most farmers don’t want anyone on their land and forbid researchers or anyone to physically attend the circle leaving aerial as the only source. SOME farmers have made a side income over a few days charging for the general public to come and see the circles, yes. So what? That doesn’t mean anything, its just an excuse for arm chair researchers to use as “proof” they’re hoaxes. Rubbish. Rubbish. Rubbish!

The circles absolutely started very simple and over the years gotten extremely intricate and complicated. Why? I think its to give us building blocks to decode them. Who’s making them? I have no idea, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the government playing with plasma technology and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was messages trying to be sent to us from far far away. But all hoaxes? I don’t even think people can reconstruct any of the larger, intricate circles let alone create the design in the first place and MATCH the mathematics and scale let alone do it without breaking the stalks as genuine circles do as well as create the electromagnetic signature.

Yep, the disinformation agents have done a spectacular job on this one.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by kshaund] typos

[edit on 29-7-2010 by kshaund]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

First of all, who cares if some guy is an engineer?
What kind of engineer? How does that give anybody any expertice on crop circles?
As for your alleged "data", how were you able to confirm that data?
From "research" on some website? What independant confirmation is there?
SECOND! You avoided my questions? Why?
I'm not going to debate silly "research", dubious "data". I simply want you believers to answer my questions.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Old Dragger – I answered why circles and why Britain to the best of my knowledge… as far as why they are made, you’ll have to ask the makers that question because non of us here are able to.

Why don’t you answer my question now? Why would hoaxers put time and effort into this?

I know why you haven't answered, because you don't have a logical answer to the question. You will say people to do because they get there jollies from messing with other people... or they make money from it.

Well we know there is not much money to be made in crop circles. So your answer must be because people get some sort of rush from messing with the rest of us. Which still doesn't make much sense when you consider the quantity and quality of crops circles that have been found. There is no way they can all be made by a few people. If every crop circle is man made, there must be hundreds or thousands of people out there across the world with a lot of free time on there hands and a desire to keep a giant secret.

kshaund – great post. I would have put those facts up myself but I knew the reply would be "show me proof" or "that person who did the research is crazy"

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf Eyes

Why don’t you answer my question now? Why would hoaxers put time and effort into this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? Are you serious?
First of all they aren't hoaxers. It's believers claiming aliens, not pranksters! Ever heard of art? Fun? Drunken adventure?
Do you know ANYTHING at all about the history of hoaxers?
Why is You Tube FULL of hoaxes, fakes and frauds.
Frankly, your question seems to me to indicate a certain lack of understanding of human nature.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I have to say despite my initial approval with your thread it does have one weakness it’s not anything to do with the OP but the thread as a whole. The believers can’t answer these questions, that’s basically it. I have read most of the posts and nobody can answer why, because you’re asking the difficult questions that have to be asked to in order to deny ignorance. So unless the believers admit that they just don’t know and that in all possibility most or all crop circles are fakes, this thread is at a stale mate.

I think that until these questions are answered all crop circle threads should be automatically put into the hoax forum.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You tube is full of hoaxers? What does this have to do with crop circles? You’re avoiding the topic. This thread is not about human nature, it's about crop circles, who makes them, why they make them and why they make them where they are. I think you are showing your lack of knowledge of crop circles. Have you ever seen one? Please visit the link below.

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

There have been 18 reported crop circles in Britain this month. Most are very elaborate and there is 1 that is very poor quality and obviously man made.

So, you think a bunch of drunks made those circles? That’s really laughable. I guess you’ve never drank before. You say it’s a form of art. Ok, I can see why people would do it for art. They are real busy artists but I'll go with you on that one.

Then answer this, where do these artists get the technology that’s needed to make these crop circles? Do you know how some of these circles are made? The crops are flattened, the stalks bent but not broken… how do they do that?

Or are you going to tell me that they are made with ropes and 2x4s? Because if you believe that, I’m not going to bother debating you any longer because you clearly do not know enough about the topic that you started a thread on.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf Eyes

You tube is full of hoaxers? What does this have to do with crop circles? You’re avoiding the topic. This thread is not about human nature, it's about crop circles,

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ok. You asked why would anyone "hoax" cropcircles didn't you?
I replied to that.
Look, I'm not going to debate your "evidence" or "theories"!
Get it?
I asked questions in my OP. It's my thread!
YOU haven't answered MY questions on MY thread.
You obviously don't get anything about the thread, so I'm done replying to you. Go ahead, declare victory, whatever.
It would be nice if any BELIEVERS could simply answer my simple questions instead of trying to turn my thread into a debate over THEIR questionable "theories"!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

First of all I did answer your questions based on my research and thoughts. If you've done ANY research you'd already know who Colin Andrews is and his background. Does being an engineer make you an expert in crop circles? No, never said it did. He was an engineer for the government (civil engineer if I recall, it was many years back) and with his background (logic, numbers) set out to explain away the crop circles but after a few years COULD NOT because they defied logic and provided more questions than answers. He used equipment, measurements, statistics, investigated and interviewed eye witnesses - THAT'S what made him an expert, not being an engineer, using his education AND doing the field work over years!
What have YOU done to study these other than pooh pooh it?
I said in my post you could respectfully approach Colin for his research and data that he, as an engineer, collected. I saw the pictures, I don't have copies of the pictures. I've watched the circles over the past twenty years and have stacks of information on them. What do you have?

How about YOU go out and PUBLICLY recreate ANY of the recent crop circles to PROVE it could even be COPIED, let alone CREATED? What, too much to ask?

For anyone who believes ALL crop circles are hoaxes, I dare you to copy even one to appear as its original.

It is really sad people yell "hoax" "hoax" "hoax" and haven't even left their chairs. How many white rabbits does it take to prove they're not ALL black? One. How many crop circles does it take to prove they're not ALL hoaxed? One. You think they're all hoaxes? THAT'S funny! How do YOU explain the nodes bent but not broken except in hoaxed fields?

Like I said, aliens? Who knows - could be government but I'm really sure they're not all Doug and Dave's or Ted or Sally doing it. Plain common sense says that much!

ps - my research comes from MEETING in person with Colin Andrews and TALKING directly to Busty Taylor and studying the circles (and other topics) along and beside other researchers. I spent many years intentionally meeting researchers and authors of all kinds to find out what's really going on. I met Zecharia Sitchin, William Bramley, Barbara Marciniak, Budd Hopkins, Whitley Strieber, Robert Morning Sky, Robert Dean and I could go on and on. That's where I get my information, from as close to the source from other people doing more work than you!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by kshaund]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

OK Aliens make crop circles.
They come from unimaginable distances with technology beyond our comprehension to scribble in British fields, hide from us, flit around the planet all for no apparant reason. But I'm sure it's just because I'm so closed minded that I can't see how that makes sense.
Good thinking.
I guess I don't do enough web surfing, er. uh research.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by kshaund

They come from unimaginable distances with technology beyond our comprehension to scribble in British fields, hide from us, flit around the planet all for no apparant reason. But I'm sure it's just because I'm so closed minded that I can't see how that makes sense.
Good thinking.

No amount of words will stop the believers, they've been told things that are ridiculous and have no actual evidence, like there being radioactive residue on crop circles, etc.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
No amount of words will stop the "believers" That's rich. You guys are not reading and it shows. Do some research instead of denying for the sake of denying. That's true ignorance. People like you have no room for options. I followed the research. You guys have done ... none... that's obvious by the posts. It is a total waste of time to discuss with people like you because you don't want answers, you just want to badger with "quips" and pretend you know it all.

I feel sorry for people like you who have no spirit of wondering. I suppose you believe all UFO sightings come from crazy people and that the government really is on our side... Again, read my post. Read up on research (it's not all on the internet, you might actually have to make an effort to get some of it).

Again, I dare you to make ONE crop circle to accurately copy one already made - I'll even forgive that you can't bend the stalks, just make one accurate and prove it can be done, because I bet you can't even copy one because it takes too much skill, math and technical knowledge, not to mention getting in and out of some farmers field in the middle of the night. So... what's stopping you from PROVING your point?

I said it could be aliens. It could be government. But what they all "aren't" are made by laymen wandering in farmers fields in the middle of the night. Oh yes they are, you say. I say prove you can make even one! Surely even YOU can do this.

I'm not going to waste more time or give """"your"""" thread any more bumps - you don't really want answers, you're just being nasty and totally groundless.

Originally posted by hippomchippo

reply to post by kshaund

Good thinking.

No amount of words will stop the believers, they've been told things that are ridiculous and have no actual evidence, like there being radioactive residue on crop circles, etc.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

I don't know....

...maybe this "research" will help put things in perspective??

And, it's only part 1:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I've never got into the crop circle stuff. Never made much sense why out of all the potential things these aliens could do, why decide to do burnouts in wheatfields. If above is true, just how are those designs supposed to be deciphered. Much akin to say Crips tagging there turf and expecting some Joe to read it like a street sign. I say BS.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

That's your proof??? Anybody can take a plank and string and stomp out circles in the daytime - that proves NOTHING except people run around stomping on fields pretending they're original. Not sure why you quoted "research" but I presume it's because you don't do any outside your internet.

What I challenged was for someone to RECREATE one of the reported crop circles to its SCALE precisely in the night in a farmer's field. Anyone can go out and stomp out circles - I just don't think anyone can come up with an intricate design (like the Juliette set) AND do it in the dark in a field and not be seen or heard. I'm only asking for someone to recreate one - get it photographed properly and measured properly to see how it "compares" because I'd bet it would be a very poor imitation.

Yep, disinfo agents did a great job on this one... and then there's some people who just think they know it all without doing any scratching below any surfaces...

It's really hilarious how smug some posters are in their narrow minded, unfounded, unresearched "absolute truths". Yep, don't entertain others research and data. Yep, don't be open to other possibilities. Yep, the government truly is on our side! I'm so grateful I've kept an open mind to all possibilities and didn't dig in lad I'm not closed minded.

So yes, you can "youtube" all kinds of things - but having guys with a map, string, and boards in the daytime making circles is a no brainer. Did they do it under a minute? Did they do it in the dark? Did they do it unnoticed? Of course not, because THEY CAN'T or they WOULD HAVE already. Yes, show me that "youtube" of them doing it in the dark at night without causing neighbors to wake up and coming out with a spectacular geometric, mathematically balanced design, THEN I'll entertain it's possible.

However, no amount of words will change the non-believers either. I'm just grateful I looked beyond my nose and actually took the time and effort to dig deeper than the superficial level most of these replies originate from.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

I didn't say anything about "proof"....jsut offered up a video, for contemplation.

Interesting that a "believer" immediately got defensive.

Just watching that (Part 1, recall...I didn't even see the rest, yet. maybe someone will, that was my intent...for the "research")...watching, by the end, looked like about two guys banged out a pretty elaborate design, in rather short time.

Meant as a demonstration, not a "re-creation" of any other designs...

...seems not beyond the realm of possibility that those OTHER designs may involve a greater number of people, all working at the same time...division of labor.

I still ask, for the "believers": WHY is the "crop of choice" almost invariably --- nearly 100% of the time, a grain crop, like wheat???

ET, with incredible technology, skill, methods, whatever....they could use ANY field, any crop...correct?

Also, I have never seen a crop "circle" that wasn't in a field that already had the long, straight furrows....seems those offer easy IN/OUT access, without leaving any obvious tracks, for any persons who make these....

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Look, I'm not going to debate your "evidence" or "theories"!
But these theories go into why people believe what they do, and if you're not going to bother to discuss it, then why should anyone engage with you?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Why crop circles???
Why in fields? Usually in Britian?
If it's aliens , why don't they do it in earth? Make an earthworks in the middle of the desert, say half a mile in diameter overnight?
That couldn't be done by humans.
So what's the fixation with "crops"? They just like cereals?
What SENSE does the whole crop circle / aliens thing make?
They are trying to tell us something, but can never make it clear what? What's the point? -
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is my OP.
Do you see anywhere that I said "lets debate your "theories"!!!!
Post some "evidence"!!!
Nope, I asked specific questions SPECIFIC QUESTIONS, that's the specific topic of my thread.
Get it? Probably not. Post on other threads if you want to "debate" baloney "research" with other pretend scientists!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kshaund
There is no proof all crop circles are hoaxed. Hoaxes (and it only took a couple) became a problem around 1989, coincidentally about the time crop circles were being ‘noticed’. Hmm. I’m sure the alphabet agencies wouldn’t promote a few hoaxes to discredit ALL crop circles now, would they.

Why no, they wouldn't! And they would never use some schmuck to discredit Colin on national TV... :p

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Student X]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

That would be cool. But since ET is really an archetypal manifestation of our collective psychic ability, things aren't quite so easy. The ways of our collective psyche are not the ways of our individual ego, and reality is not as solid and as 'out there' as materialists might want to think.

Don't tell me you interpret the UFO phenomenon at face value? Cause that would be a mistake.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Student X]

<< 1    3 >>

join