It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for crop circles made by aliens fans.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Why crop circles???
Why in fields? Usually in Britian?
If it's aliens
, why don't they do it in earth? Make an earthworks in the middle of the desert, say half a mile in diameter overnight?
That couldn't be done by humans.
So what's the fixation with "crops"?
They just like cereals?
What SENSE does the whole crop circle / aliens thing make?
They are trying to tell us something, but can never make it clear what?
What's the point? Why the cat and mouse game forever?
Any THOUGHTS on this?
Just more new age BS!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well I guess believing is much easier than thinking!
Not even ONE thought from the alien crowd?
Anybody care to TRY to make sense?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I tried, VERY hard, to make these exact same points, in one of the various "crop circle" threads that abound...suggesting the "aliens" make designs in, say....a Brazilian rain forest. One that was slated for leveling anyway, by unscrupulous greedy types. The "circle" could serve as a message, a warning, to mankind.

"Stop Destroying Your World!"

You can probably guess the reception I got..... :shk: I mean, a rain forest would be very impressive!! Well beyond the capacity of mere humans, with stompboards!

Most convoluted, rationalization response? "But, then no one would see them!! That is why they're done in Britain, near people!"

Too, too funny.

The "hard-core believers" seem to be well-gone in the delusion.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I’m keeping an open mind on whom or what are making these.
If it is humans, which I lean to, then they must plan these well in advance.
Then again, where are the all the mistakes, the ones that go wrong.

“Oh damn used the wrong length of sting and screwed it up. Never mind lets find a new field and try again.”

The precision needed for some of the designs is amazing.

I asked the question yesterday on another CC thread. How would you make this crop circle? Step by step plan.

When I thought about how I would do it I came unstuck too many times. In fact I started to thing in terms of getting in to the field just after planting and banging in marker post so they were there ready.

Assuming it is humans then
These guys are good

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
These space aliens must be 1000s of years technologically in advance of us and could decipher and learn our language in minutes, yet they consider the best way to communicate with us is by flattening a bit of corn in a field, in the same places in the UK, at the same time every year. They sound pretty dumb to me.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My theory is that at one time there were some mischievous beings - whether of this earth or otherwise, who had encountered some creational shortcomings in their daily lives and decided to devise some art. The designs (circles) occurred in one place, generally in one span of time (whether that span of time is short or long is only dependent on your point of view) because that is just where 'they' happened to be at the time.

I can envision some teenaged aliens using some device or modification thereof to create this 'art', subsequent discovery of and punitive measures implemented by some type of alien 'parental unit' for the perceived transgression of said 'art', and then a ceasing of the activity.

A type of extra-terrestrial graffiti if you will.

If you look at most of them, it's pretty much geometrical artwork at the core, except one in particular that seems to have some kind of coded message in it. The problem I have with that one, is that it seems to me more like an old IBM program punchcard used to execute commands in the earliest computers, and less like some form of communication that a highly intelligent being might use. Although, if they were attempting communication, they probably would be smart enough to cater to the LCD, namely... us.

I think if a relatively hyper-intelligent being were to choose to engage in simple wall-scrawling, which is what it seems it is to me, I would imagine that they would choose a canvas that caused minimum disturbance to habitat of indigenous species, therefore avoiding wiping out swaths of rain forest. Wheat, being the most abundant domestically grown form of human sustenance on the planet would seem like as little a waste of resources possible to sacrifice for art's sake.

I could just be grasping at straws.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by quadratic

Uh huh.
But you evaded my questions.
Yeah, ya know what?
People, yes human people, can make ALL KINDS OF AMAZING STUFF!
Like crop circles!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
That is a stupid question.

yes, They could make them in the desert like you suggest, but how long could these things go un-noticed for before anyone stumbles upon them?

In reply to the thread that suggests the rain forest as an ideal place for these circles to form, there are tribes of humans living in the rainforest that have gone un-noticed for thousands of years. Once again, these places are to desolate Any alien beings that would be advanced enough to travel through time and space to get here are probably not stupid enough to think that cutting trees out of our rainforests is a good idea.

Corn, wheat, barley, whatever fields these are formed in in this country (The U.K.) is a sustainable enough source to not damage our eco-system or economy and people are consistantly passing these places. they also happen quite often throughout the world, but they just aren't as wildly reported as they are here.

There is also massive changes to the structure of the crops and the radiation levels in some of these circles that just shows they CANNOT be man-made.

Now, I'm not saying they're all made by aliens because they obviously are not, but c'mon. To think that a bunch of guys in a field in the dark can make some of these things in the space of an hour is incredibly stupid.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

What a brilliant thread. I was thinking the same nice to see a thread pointing out this very obvious flaw will be interesting to hear the UFO hunters try to explain this while accusing you of being a disinfo agent

S&F

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslloyd

Oh sorry for being so...stupid!

Your reply makes little sense, though I'm not going to call you...., well, you know.
BELIEVERS in action!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I wasn't saying that you were stupid. Sorry if it came across like that, I'm just saying that there's just as many flaws in your argument as there is in the 'pro-alien' argument, but the latter don't try and shove it down your throat that you might be wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslloyd

What am I shoving ?
Your "theories" just don't make sense!
They are eco friendly? So piling up a bunch of dirt isn't?
And why do their cryptic "circles" need to be seen the next day?
I'm sorry, I'm not going to argue silly points with you!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by quadratic

Uh huh.
But you evaded my questions.
Yeah, ya know what?
People, yes human people, can make ALL KINDS OF AMAZING STUFF!
Like crop circles!

Good point
You asked several question in your OP which I interpreted, rightly or wrongly to be..
How can you still believe it is aliens who make these.

What I was trying to say was

Well in truth I don’t believe it’s aliens but you have to then ask how do humans make them..
Yeah I know Planks and rope, but I mean a full step by step plan, start to finish, no mistakes, no leftover evidence of being there.

I have tried to plan one and I couldn’t
But a group of blokes down the pub, well…..

So how would you do it??

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

And why do their cryptic "circles" need to be seen the next day?

I think one of the points of art is so that others may enjoy it as much as you do creating it.

And trampling a farmer's field is enough just to piss someone off so it does get noticed.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Old Dragger, you're using earth people logic. IF (and that's a pretty big IF) these crop circles are being made by something that isn't human, then we couldn't even begin to understand why they do it. It may be a favourite past time for some beings, like graffiti or something. We just don't know. (again IF it's not manmade) There may be a type of life form that communicates this way, going from world to world each crop season, to have a natter to one another. fact of the matter is, we don't know, and we can't know. (unless we ask them, like, learn to speak their language)

One thing is known, and even the people who do make them have said. Weird stuff happens when you make these things. The circle makers website has a few interesting tales/pictures on it.

My personal belief (if you're at all interested) is that most are man made, but some aren't. I've yet to see anyone replicate a circle, where the crop is bent 15 cm (I pulled that # out of a hat but there are circles which have this in common) above the ground level, all the way round the glyph. screw the other anomolies (like blown out joints on the fold, little metal spheres and what ever else comes along, sorry this isn't my topic, I don't know that much about them)

Why would "they" make them? Like i said above I've no idea. I like to think it's some kind of spiritual protection/guidance type thing. Symbols are pretty important in that line of belief, maybe all the hippies were/are right afterall.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Old Dragger, you're using earth people logic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Uh, that's because I'm an earth person. What logic do you use?
Maybe, could be.......that's all I hear.
So they make them just to make them, yet hide from us.
They are here, but pretend to not be here.
Makes no sense whatsoever! But hey! I AM using Earth person logic after all!
What is STRANGE though, is the silence from all the believers.
Like I said, it's easier to believe than think!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Of course you use earth logic, but that's the thing(and is the point i was making), we couldn't begin to understand what logic another race of being would have. And all you're going to get is maybes. There's no solid proof of any of the theories. Just proof that something strange is going on.

it's also easier to not believe and not think.

[edit on 29/7/2010 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

The flaw in that kind of thinking is what allows ignorance and gullibility to flourish, on ATS and in general.
It also allows believers to just dismiss anything that doesn't conform to their dogma. Handy , no?
I know many of you don't see it, but it's there!
Again, anything may be possible, but not everything is likely.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
These are just my own opinions...

Why Circles - a circle is the most basic form of geometry.. stars, planets.. orbits.. galaxies... all circles. Circles are everywhere right in front of us. Circles have no beginning and no end.. could be a metaphor... ever hear the phases "all things come full circle" or "the circle of life"? It seems like they are trying to relate to us through geometry.

Why in fields in Britain - What EXACTLY is Stonehenge and why is that in Britain? Answer that question and maybe we'll have an answer to why crop circles pop up there. Maybe there is something in Britain we're not aware of. Or maybe something deep in the earth. Also, just because we don't see reports of them in the desert or the rain forest, doesn't mean they are not there. This is still a big planet. There just happens to be a big population in Britain that point these circles out to us.

I see posts like this often. I can't post yet because I'm a newb but why don't we turn it around on the skeptics for a change?

Why would people do this? What's the motive? Is there a large or small group of people out there that have nothing better to do with there time then sneak into farmers back yards in the middle of the night and make these things? How come no one has ever gotten caught making them? Do they make money off it some how? Do the farmers let them do this to there crops? If this is for money, how do they make money?

If humans are doing this they are putting a lot of time and effort into it.. why?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Snippet from news:

Four aliens from Vega were arrested last night in the **** county for vandalizing a wheat field with plank boards and ropes. "They were brought to area 51 for questionning" source said

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join