It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floods wash 3,000 chemical barrels into China river

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Floods wash 3,000 chemical barrels into China river

rawstory.com

BEIJING (AFP) – Authorities were scrambling on Thursday to recover 3,000 barrels full of hazardous chemicals that were washed into a major river in northeastern China by recent flooding.

A total of 7,000 barrels were swept into the Songhua river in Jilin province on Wednesday following heavy rains, but most were empty, according to reports.

However 2,500 barrels containing 510 tonnes of combustible, colourless chemicals and 500 loaded with solvents were washed into the river from two chemi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Whoa, when is it going to end? How much more of this will Mother Earth take? With all of the oil leaks, this seems to just add to the tally, though it obviously isn't oil (much worse, IMO). What is going on here? Is all of this being done on purpose, could it be coincidences or is the media just focusing more on environmental hazards because of the BP oil spill?

Whatever it is, it seems crazy and I'm not liking it one bit. This is getting out of hand. Could this be an attempt to sway popular opinion to favor the carbon-tax scheme? I think that's unlikely, though we should at least be looking at that as a possibility.

--airspoon

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

That is a sad state of affairs. corruption in corporations
that dispose of these barrels must stop.
the cost of disposing of them in a massive hole covered
in concrete or better.i bet that would not out-way the cost
as opposed to the people/planet.
sick.god knows whats out in the oceans of the world.

new topics

join