It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked files indicate U.S. pays Afghan media to run friendly stories

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfinn

Neither did Joseph Goebbels, he believed having the media only play positive and uplifting propoganda was the right way to convince the masses.

I mean, who wants to see the absolute reality of the situation right?
That sortof thing would turn the natives restless, and perhaps convince people your little adventure wasnt really worth it.

... and they cant have that, especially when they need you to spend spend spend.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Oops. And so, I guess its not highly unlikely that the U.S. would also run those same "friendly stories," right here in the good ole' U.S.A., where politicians and the media are owned by the corporations that make our laws.

Looks like America took the propaganda ideas right off of Hitler's old playbook.

Surprise, surprise.

God, I totally live in a joke of a society. People in this country are STILL fooled by this nonsense. Total fail.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Neither did Joseph Goebbels, he believed having the media only play positive and uplifting propoganda was the right way to convince the masses.

I mean, who wants to see the absolute reality of the situation right?
That sortof thing would turn the natives restless, and perhaps convince people your little adventure wasnt really worth it.

... and they cant have that, especially when they need you to spend spend spend.

and I was looking at the CIA World Fact book for Germany recently...

German 91.5%, Turkish 2.4%, other 6.1% (made up largely of Greek, Italian, Polish, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish)

and, outside of the actual war...Germany seems to be the place that the Nazi's wanted to create.

I've learned in the last few years that what the average person thinks is a lot like garbage....

look at the final product before you cast judgement.

it may be to late you say....?

it seems that it may be a chance you have to take.

I don't appreciate the comparison to a Nazi...but I understand you want to influence my thought process. But I have thought this over...what is important is the Afghan people...they are poppy farmers, nothing more.

This war is not their concern. An unseen element is included which men cannot influence.

Stay safe and let Gods fight.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

or threats.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfinn

there are many things the government doesn't want you don't know.

True, but sometimes it is beneficial to leak government secrets to achieve a political goal, alter public opinion, gain support for new military objectives etc.

wikileaks is a perfect vehicle for that end.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

What's wrong with giving them a little money to do a story that will encourage people to do things that won't get them killed?

War is still war and all the negative feelings in the world toward the ISAF operation in Afghanistan isn't going to diminish the killing power of an American made M16 rifle round.

I don't see anything wrong with spending money to keep people from making this war some of their business because it is not.

This can not be called a war by international law......This is an Illegal invasion of Two Sovereign nations in both cases ( Afghanistan & IRAQ)
This Is just crap! There is no Justification for the invasion of either country.
Regards,
IWinder

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

there are many things the government doesn't want you don't know.

True, but sometimes it is beneficial to leak government secrets to achieve a political goal, alter public opinion, gain support for new military objectives etc.

wikileaks is a perfect vehicle for that end.

wikileaks just release those 91,000 documents on the 25th...today is the 29th.

in 4 days the world has read and processed a million pages of correspondence and I should accept their interpretation?

please come back in a few years and tell me what it all means...its far too soon to claim understanding of what you've read.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Theylive1776

Thank you for your post, for your honesty and for caring so deeply.

It is hard in the present circumstances to know who can be trusted and who can't, and I personally don't have a problem with people 'wondering' whether Julian Assange is reliable. I think it is a question we need to ask ourselves about everyone, these days - AS LONG AS we think through that question for ourselves and come to our own conclusions, rather than allow ourselves to be psych-op'd by the employees of the Nazi government who trawl these sites and go to great lengths to discredit anyone telling the truth.

Often you can see the 'herd' of 'agents' piling in when something of value is posted on here. For me that is a sign in itself that there must be some truth in the information they are trying so hard to discredit.

I noticed this after the documents were released and it was posted on ATS.
MOST of those posting were discrediting Assange.

People need to be aware of the extent and the expertise of the mind games they employ relentlessly.

Seems to me they are very afraid right now that the people will reach break point. Further down the line I believe they will want people to rise up, so they can squash them. But I also believe they don't want that now, so they immediately send their lackeys in to try to sow the seed of DOUBT
in people's minds. DOUBT is what they want to create, because when there is DOUBT, people won't take action.

It is imperative that people become aware of the mind games they are alwalys playing. No public forum for discussion is safe from their slimy infilTRAITORs.

To me, the question is NOT about whether Julian Assange is legit or not...that's one more distraction from the FACTS of the documents which he has released.

Hypocrite, MSM, who are dumbed down and bribed so much that they have totally prostrated themselves before the ZioNazis give out the message that some people may be at risk in Afghanistan as a result of the leaks. What they DON'T mention are the THOUSANDS of Afghans who they are MURDERING every day, murders which whistleblowers are trying to STOP, and are risking their lives to do so.

It's the same old, same old tactic and people keep on falling for it.
Distract from the TRUTH by SWITCHING the direction of the debate, then elicit a strong EMOTIONAL response linked to that distraction, and hey presto - you've just subverted the initial thrust of the information and more importantly, the impact it would otherwise have had.

What I don't understand is how people keep on getting suckered - after all the lies, deceit, fraud, theft, murder and everyting else EVERYONE knows they spew out all the time.

To all the AGENTS who are currently monitoring this thread: Don't you GET it, don't you understand that they care NOTHING for you. Either they have filled your minds with nonsense and made you feel special, important, superior - or they have bribed and threatened you.

But you DO have a choice. You CAN choose to start to think for yourselves, you CAN follow that inner voice which KNOWS you aren't doing the right thing, that feeling of discomfort at what you are forcing yourself to do. Guys, it just takes one small step in the other direction and a whole new way of being with yourself can open up to you.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

What's wrong with giving them a little money to do a story that will encourage people to do things that won't get them killed?

War is still war and all the negative feelings in the world toward the ISAF operation in Afghanistan isn't going to diminish the killing power of an American made M16 rifle round.

I don't see anything wrong with spending money to keep people from making this war some of their business because it is not.

This can not be called a war by international law......This is an Illegal invasion of Two Sovereign nations in both cases ( Afghanistan & IRAQ)
This Is just crap! There is no Justification for the invasion of either country.
Regards,
IWinder

then take them to the Hague and let them be charged and stand trial.

until then you are without a point.

we are trying to be a world of laws. not governed by our passions.

I will not, under any circumstance, allow the legal remedy to the crimes you allege to have occured to be thrown down based on some guys personal legal opinion.

I hope this helps you to understand.

live by the law!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Which law are you referring to??

Common law? Contract law? Moral lalw?

You seem to still be under the impression that there is a legal system which is honoraboe, impartial and honest. If that is the case, with respect, I have to say, with all due respect, that you are living in cloud cuickoo land.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You're assuming these stories "encourage people to do things that won't get them killed".

Afghan / Iraqi informants know supporting the US can them killed, so, uh, the US should encourage locals not to support the US!.. technically it's sound life extending advice.

Maybe there is no "good" news to report? all objective data points to "most epic fail of humanity ever" indicating those responsible should be charged.. the govt would be motivated to hide this under an avalanche of bullcrap fluff stories.. AKA propaganda, which is why fascists are big fans of govt paid for "stories" feigning "objective reporting".. to sucker people into believing a scripted reality...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

The "Shoring up support for the war in Afghanistan" doc on Wikileaks talks about the same thing being done in France and Germany. Not that they are paying to have it done, just what needs to be done, who needs to be trotted out to the public, etc.

Its clearly a "how we need to propagandize" recipe to keep the French and German governments in power when their people dont support the war.

It even mentions that they need to make the public apathetic.

And that is NOT as benign as trying to get the people to do stuff that will prevent them from getting killed, as one poster suggested.

This is how to keep people from using their political power to prevent their people and others from getting killed.

Nasty stuff.

http://__._/wiki/CIA_report_into_shoring_up_Afghan_war_support_in_Western_Europe,_11_Mar_2010

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Wow, our propaganda machine is strong when it can make us look like heroes in the invaded country...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Quite allot of responses since i have been in my bed, i hate the time difference between the UK an our cousins over the pond. I have read through most of them some really interesting points coming out so thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I am a member of a local forum that is chock full of far right mindsets, card carrying GOP members, and one propaganda guy for the US Military (he has a background in radio, and works in the "media" department at the Pentagon. a real shill).

I often read about how "the libs" did this, or "the libs" did that. Of course, i do not disagree with most Democrat party bashing, but try to add in the needed GOP bashing as well. In the past it has led to some very harsh discussions where i have been called lots of things.

That has changed. Drastically. The sentiment on this far right forum is that they have all failed us. Of course, they wax poetic about Bush, but they are even admitting that he made lots of mistakes, which is something that i had never seen before.

You can see a strong anti-government sentiment on ATS. Let me assure you, it is nation wide. The People are VERY restless. I predict 2011 to be excessive and scale tipping. Tax rates are going to go through the roof, and placated sheep will no longer be placated. The lambs will become lions.

But we will see.
I just know that i have to fly to LA in a month, and don't want to be on a "no fly" list. LOL.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

That has changed. Drastically. The sentiment on this far right forum is that they have all failed us. Of course, they wax poetic about Bush, but they are even admitting that he made lots of mistakes, which is something that i had never seen before.

Thanks for that insight.

I hope you are right. And I do hope this sentiment is spreading nationwide. If we are going to reclaim this democracy, we need people to begin to set aside partisan differences, and racial divides, and to pull together long enough to get these criminals out of office.

We need to restore the foundation of our democracy and get some of these secretive behind the scenes power brokers out into the light of day where we can get a good look at them, and their agendas. If we dont, we are lost. They are chipping away patiently at the mechanisms of democracy. Undermining our rights, the Constitution, the media is already long gone as a source of meaningful information, and the electoral process has become a circus, and the candidates are little more than celebrities, wisdom and experience be damned.

I hope and pray you are right, and people really are waking up to the fact that we are being lied to, tricked and manipulated, and that we need to act soon and decisively if we want America to survive another century. At the rate we are going, we have less than a quarter of that.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

How can an abandoned home be considered to be invaded when someone moves into it, fixes it up and pays the unpaid property taxes?

The Taliban were never recognized as anything but a pack of squatters.

Besides, the whole war was a set-up to being with...the set up just failed to accomplish its objectives and now everyone is scrambling trying to get the Americans out of there.

Ain't gonna happen ... it belongs to us now ... and embarrassment and humiliation belongs to our enemies. deal with it.

As far as Iraq is concerned. Saddam Husseins government was proven to be fraudulent itself and without basis for its rule...Iraq was also an abandoned home that we simply acquired.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by bruxfinn]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

[/quote)

Are we reading the same link ? You see nothing wrong with this ?

"local Afghan radio stations were under contract to air content produced by the United States. Other reports show U.S. military personnel apparently referring to Afghan reporters as "our journalists" and directing them in how to do their jobs." Same link.
I may be misunderstanding your last sentence. The citizens of Afghanistan are NOT entitled to unbiased reporting from their news outlets because getting anything other then a "Friendly" picture of an invading force is none of their business ? I'm confused, some clarification would be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dazbog

[/quote)

Are we reading the same link ? You see nothing wrong with this ?

"local Afghan radio stations were under contract to air content produced by the United States. Other reports show U.S. military personnel apparently referring to Afghan reporters as "our journalists" and directing them in how to do their jobs." Same link.
I may be misunderstanding your last sentence. The citizens of Afghanistan are NOT entitled to unbiased reporting from their news outlets because getting anything other then a "Friendly" picture of an invading force is none of their business ? I'm confused, some clarification would be appreciated.

What I am saying is that this war has nothing at all to do with the Afghan people and they need to stay out of the way. The Taliban were the invading and occupying force and were never and never will be the recognized government of Afghanistan. Same goes for Al Qaeda.

What I am saying is that people need to stop treating politics and international relations as some type of game to be played and spending human lives to accomplish illicit goals.

I feel that if whatever they are producing as news over there gets the Afghan people to focus on other concerns so that they are not being incinerated by NATO bombs it is a good thing.

From what I am seeing in this world things are changing in the following direction... that it doesn't matter how you view things and they are going to be how we say they are going to be and if you don't like it...kill yourself.

If Afghans view ISAF as friendly and focus on their local communities and not geo-politics, then a good job has been done.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
and as it is...Afghanistan is no longer a NATO operation, but wholly an American operation. NATO has fallen and we are there to clean up their mess and bring freedom to the Afghan people; what we do best it seems.

And after August the Taliban will no longer have any operations in the area either.

So...the Afghan people should view us as friendly because it is in fact the case.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join