It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR: Tea partiers to ‘harass’ Muslims with dogs at anti-mosque protest

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
On another note, it's good to see everyone jumping on board with trying to derail the Tea Party with lies and propaganda.

That means the Tea Party is making a big difference - and it scares them.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If I drift too far from orig topic lemme know.

A Post-er was criticizing general knowledge of the Constitution (he's right) but I think he has a problem with his case-in-point example--the "supremacy" clause:

the 'supremacy clause uses the word 'shall'. Shall used to have two senses of meaning according to Black's Law Sixth edition: one was mandatory and was permissive or conditional. the condition of which to apply was whether the 'mandatory' construction infringing on private rights. the mandatory sense was defined as especially applicable to those in public office and their duty to execute the obligations thereof. so in a conflict, the right of a private individual or a sovereign state is/was understood to take precedence.

It may be that the Fed will differ with me but they then are operating with a conflict of interest. Such a perverse and arbitrary interpretation of this "supremacy clause' runs all over the 10th amendment wherein 'all other rights are reserved to the states'

Beyond this, can you imagine those trying to 'sell' a Federal Government to this collection of post-revolution sovereign states and attempting to close the deal with 'oh, btw, the Fed will be supreme and will nullify anything you declare or legislate, if they want to'? Dont think so...

These people had just fought a major war to escape this kind of cockemamy, inverted, top-down government. And the courts werent all that responsive to redress of wrongs against citizens since they were beholden to the Crown for tenure.

IMO, this 'supremacy' clause is false doctrine and resistance to it should properly be the true motivation of the legitimate patriot. But alas 'dissent is best controlled by leading it... or so I hear. (Tea Party et al as my example?)

Islam is not the enemy. Once upon a time we knew which 'fake religion' was... but that is definitely a subject for somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Are they big dogs with very big teeth?

Do they eat people or merely bite them?

I doubt the authenticity of the idea even if it is actually posted on some news site.

I'm not sure that tea partiers would really pull a stunt like this.

None the less protesting the Actions of a religious group is not the same thing as protesting the religion itself.

Protesting the building of a mosque on ground zero, a totally insensitive slap in the face to America in general, is not the same thing as actually protesting the religion itself.

If one side uses a religion to perpetrate unjust and cruel actions, such actions could be punishable under law without the religion being punished under the law despite the perpetrators claim that they had done something under religious pretexts.

It is usually the perpetrators that make such things look as if they are X, Y, or Z. But that is simply excuse making and subtrefuge.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
[edit on 29-7-2010 by cjdny]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cjdny

Are you being serious about the constitution nonsense. You know EXACTLY what people mean when they say it's not against the law to build a Mosque wherever they want.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Originally posted by Mak Manto

Originally posted by felonius
Originally posted by JohnnyElohim

Perhaps what's escaped you is the fact that many Muslims are United States citizens, and that the upset about illegal immigration enforcement has more to do with United States citizens who will be mistaken for "suspected illegal immigrants" than it does with supporting an illegal activity.

Perhaps what you mean is "sticking up for white, Christian Americans."

Ah, here we go again. The "Evil White Man" strikes again. Gotta love white guilt.

Maybe you havent noticed the news lately. We seem to have an issue with Narco's attacking our border towns and citizens and muzzies disguising themselves as mexicans to get in.

When a big ugly thing goes "pop" and a city is left in ruins, you folks will be to blame.

[edit on 29/7/10 by felonius]

[edit on 29/7/10 by felonius]

Ahh, the racist phobic goofball strikes again as well.

Thank God people like you are not in positions of power in this country. It's why the Tea Part and other groups and people like this will never see anything other then a town hall...

While I dont mind being a goof ball

I would like to be shown where I"m being racist. Last I heard, the muzzies aren't particular about who they let in? Sounds like some deep seated displacement to me.

Put up or shut up.

Well, you did say "muzzies"?!?

LMAO; point, serve, ball's in your court!

I know this isn't my argument, but I'm just sayin'......

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by akalepos

*sigh* Read the thread. It's been around long enough for people to start actually checking out what ATS'ers have been able to substantiate or not. We've already established that a Tea Party organization is responsible for this.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

In Texas, someone committed arson against a Mosque. Do you condone it?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The premise of the article in the OP reminds me of this:

"Somebody on ATS posted something nasty about somebody. Therefore the ATS movement is evil."

There is no ATS "movement." And, orignally, the Tea Party "movement" was almost as loosely defined as ATS. It was just people who were angry about the state of the nation for various reasons, and included folks from the left as well as those from the right.

Now the Tea Party "movemement" has become basically an empty shell that can be used by anyone for any purpose. On the right, idiotic neocon shills like Sarah Palin try to jump to the head of the parade, and then pull back as soon as it isn't politically expedient. A few nutjob far-rightists might be trying to use the movement for bad ends. Meanwhile on the left, its become a punching-bag where the actions of one or a few bad apples taint the whole thing and everyone associated in any way is declared facistic or otherwise tarred and feathered.

The whole thing is a sham from every angle and unfortunately the meme has to be jettisoned because its become infected from rigid thinking on both the left and the right.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cjdny

First of all. Muslim isn't a race. It's a religion. People of different races can be Muslim.

Second, how did you get what I said as having anything to do with dogs being racist? You have a really bad habit of twisting words or acting ignorant of their true meaning.

OBVIOUSLY the dogs aren't going to lash out at any one who could be Muslim. I simply said that the organization was obviously telling people to bring their dogs in order to try to offend Muslims. Ergo all the "I'd rather bring a pig" comments"

I'm pretty sure you already knew this though.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I like your name, you avatar, and the OP which all are connected in a way.

Very nicely put, star and flag.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I agree with what you're saying. I used to respect the Tea Party movement, but it has been hijacked. I don't think there would be much of a problem if we didn't have several people running for office under the label of "Tea Party". I think this is when the backlash started.

How can a person running for political office try to identify themselves with a movement that was so weak it was hijacked and pulled in a completely different direction than it was meant to? Almost instantly.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I agree completely!! As I said in my earlier post, I was very interested in the whole Tea Party "movement" back in '07. It seemed like the shot in the arm America needed to bring it back around to the original intent of the founding fathers and the earliest citizens as well!

Now it has gone so far off track that it truly is a shell of it's former self; much like America!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

I think that instead of true Tea Parties playing victims by being unfairly categorized with others, they need to out and out condemn their actions and words. I am not saying they were largely silent because they secretly approved. I am saying that they lack the ability to at least be cohesive when it is required of them.

Unfortunately the only part of the movement that is able to act in a cohesive manner and become part of the national dialogue are the crazy wackos. It's really sad that this is the case for almost every group that gets razzed on. Included...well...Muslims.

*edited because I made a statement that I am not sure was true.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by nunya13]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

America needed to bring it back around to the original intent of the founding fathers and the earliest citizens as well!

I knew it, this is why America is in decline, because you are in the same position as Muslims now lol.

Very interesting:

Let me make it simple:

Once you become negative and believe you can't do better than your forefathers, you become a tool. That is what Muslims are right now, a tool. Look at Afghanistan, look at them very closely, I'm from that land, and I know how every country surrounding them has a hand in there.

From India, to Iran, to Russia, to Pakistan, forget about the rest of the world who has already sent troops in their.

Pakistan is using Afghans as tools to fight America, India is using Afghanistan as a tool to fight Pakistan. Iran is using Afghans as a tool to fight American etc.

They have become tools, why? Because they can't think anymore, or at least they haven't used their brain for a while. See when you just agree to what ever your forefathers did, and said, because they were successful, that is when you realize, you are culturally frozen in time.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

A recent series of unsigned emails and anonymous Web postings

Have you noticed the "unsigned emails" and "anonymous web postings"? My guess is that this is been done by some democratic group.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

America needed to bring it back around to the original intent of the founding fathers and the earliest citizens as well!

I knew it, this is why America is in decline, because you are in the same position as Muslims now lol.

Very interesting:

Let me make it simple:

Once you become negative and believe you can't do better than your forefathers, you become a tool. That is what Muslims are right now, a tool. Look at Afghanistan, look at them very closely, I'm from that land, and I know how every country surrounding them has a hand in there.

From India, to Iran, to Russia, to Pakistan, forget about the rest of the world who has already sent troops in their.

Pakistan is using Afghans as tools to fight America, India is using Afghanistan as a tool to fight Pakistan. Iran is using Afghans as a tool to fight American etc.

They have become tools, why? Because they can't think anymore, or at least they haven't used their brain for a while. See when you just agree to what ever your forefathers did, and said, because they were successful, that is when you realize, you are culturally frozen in time.

Oh, sweetie-pie, I am not being negative in anyway, and I certainly do NOT believe I/we can't do better than our fore fathers, quite the contrary! Yes, I believe the constitution was (yes, was) a wonderful document full of idealism, hope and promise for a remarkable country pursuing a remarkable way of life, in that time period! However, like everything else, it must be ratified, contemporized as it were!

This brings across another quick point, in order for this country to get to the point where the constitution was possible to begin with, there was a lot of horror, blood shed and all out wrong brought about by these fore fathers. Just because they had fantastic ideas after all was said and done, does not mean they were these perfect, sinless, compassionate human beings.

Yes we can do better and doing better is what we must do! And I will again reiterate a statement I made from an earlier post; Country lines/borders are simply imaginary lines drawn by country folk. All these countries are using other countries and peoples to fight on their behalf. Brain washing with all kinds of ignorant untruths; such as "Americans are all backwards cousin daters" and "All Muslims back terrorists and hate dogs"!!

Anyway, I'm getting off topic, but the point is, in order to change who we are, we need to revisit who we were and reconnect with why the constitution was so; well revolutionary!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by IrishCream]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

In the last 200 years:

Since when did christians strap bombs on their butts?

Since when did christians blow up planes because "their demands weren't met"?

Show me some REAL terrorism sponsored DIRECTLY from the religion?

If anyone has done it in the "name of God", the average christian is calling for the head of the a-hole that did it! Christians are not much for murder.

Defense is another.

"Oh, what about the war's being waged around the world".

I dont remember hearing preachers saying " go kill X and you'll get a free trip to see God". Those preachers would be in jail for incitement.

Face it, you cant find a reason to call me a racist. You had your option to put up or shut up. Your a muslim apologist at worst and anti-christian at best.

If you were to start talking trash about Jesus, you would get some dirty looks, a few cross words, (if it were REEEEALY bad you might have an ass kicking coming).

In islam, they put a fatwah on you and you end up like Theo Van Gogh.

You didnt put up.....

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Anyway, I'm getting off topic, but the point is, in order to change who we are, we need to revisit who we were and reconnect with why the constitution was so; well revolutionary!

Very well put, and very good conclusion.

I agree wholly that we should learn from the past, or from the actions of our forefathers, etc. But should never copy.

What do I mean by copy?

When you stop thinking, and just follow what your forefathers did, you become culturally frozen. That is copying, you haven't done your own thinking at all. That is called plagiarizing, there is a reason why no one likes such individual, who just copies, without any thought process at all.

They copy everything, and since they don't think for themselves, and let others do all the thinking for them, their brain becomes weak. Once our brains become weak, we become easy to manipulate. Once that happens, ofcurse, my conclusion is, that we become tools.

Thanks for your thoughts and explanation.

oz

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I have made my distaste of MUSLIMs quite clear and stand by it. Their is nothing racial about it.

Muslims (in their present state) are vermin. When they have a reformation, start treating their women as people as the norm, and stop sending out fatwahs, I'll change my mind.

Until then, no deal.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join