It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell Video: Wikileaks contacted Obama Admin. before release of documents but got no response

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Bombshell Video: Wikileaks contacted Obama Admin. before release of documents but got no response

bef oreitsnews.com

We have now learned that with quick action he and his White House Staff may have been able to limit the damage, but they were too incompetent to act.

When asked by Judge Andrew Napolitano of Fox News why he should not be held responsible for potential deaths caused by the leak, Julian Assange, the founder of Wikileaks, answered that he contacted the White House about the leaks before they were released and asked them to review them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
He actually says that he used the New York Times as an intermediary to the White House prior to his release of the documents. He asked for help in reviewing the documents but never got a response from the White House.

White House decries WikiLeaks' release of Afghan war documents

White House: WikiLeak Release 'Alarming,' Illegal but Unrevealing

bef oreitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This is the open and honest gov. we have been waiting on. To heck with operational security and the lives of those that put it on the line. Not the US troops but the everyday Afghan that wants peace & doesn't care who is in charge just want the bombs to stop. Afghanistan, Iraq, Bosnia and others should be a reminder to all. That just b/c there is war doesn't mean its a SHTF and all for them selves. No you will have to evade death from more then one group. Bullets and bombs don't care who is there for them to do there job.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I think this whole wikileaks thing is a set-up.

The whole thing is like a special access project-based psyop and honeytrap.

*And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

The whole thing is like a special access project-based psyop and honeytrap.

*And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I'm definately starting to have my doubts, but could do with a little more info before making my mind up. difficult to know who to believe in this day and age

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
He appears to me to be attempting to deflect and/or assign blame.

Asked the White House for "resources" to help them review classified documents they weren't even supposed to have?

In SUBSEQUENT emails they said it was through the NYTimes. Subsequent to the interview and the White House saying he never contacted them, one would assume.

He;d better have some times, names, and dates and recordings (or have them from the NYTimes) if he's going to make allegations like this. Maybe he does. Guess we'll see.

They "worked hard to protect people's names?" Apparently not hard enough.

He blinked a lot. Seemed too calm. Never said, "I." A few uh's and um's for a short clip...I look forward to counting them in the longer interview.

There seems to be something very off here, but I will defer judgment until the longer interview and more information comes out.

I see the usual suspects are already out there in the interwebs getting emotional and leaping to conclusions.

And who knows...maybe someone in the White House actually wanted this stuff out there. Stranger things have happened.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

One cannot help but form such an opinion especially when the media seems to broadcast this site like a commercial lately. For a site that allegedly contains sensitive/harmful material, it sure is getting advertised pretty well in the media.

Its starting to look like an appealing place for which to buy ad space on to advertise.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

It certainly could be. I've been considering that since the release of the collateral murder video intertwined with episodes of telling myself I'm being paranoid. Who know what to believe anymore.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I smell BS - I smell BS. Wikileaks = Colin Powell at the UN selling the Iraq war 2.0.

This is to get the mass mind behind the armies governments etc and focus on N Korea and Iran.

Give him the stick.. DON'T give him the stick

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

How is this selling the Iraq war? Or any war? I must be missing something really basic here.

This is more akin (to me anyway, so far, and I haven't seen it all, mind you) of the leaking of the Pentagon Papers to END a war.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
What a load of BULLCRAP.

This Assange guy is lying through his teeth. He's only being political to save his skin, 'cause he knows that as soon as Afghani informants start dieing, he'll be the reason (well, technically the blame should be on whoever put the names of the informant's in these reports in the first place, or the guy who leaked them, or US for allowing this ridiculous war to continue like this).

So what kind of "request" did he send the WH?

"Hello, I have a bunch of your top-secret military reports detailing operations for the last 9 years, care to give them a review before I publish them to the Web?"

C'mon, what sort of reply would you expect? "Um... please don't?" More like this guy is setting himself up for his own legal defense - "Well, they didn't tell me NOT too..."

I'm pretty sure it would take more than an email for something of this magnitude. Hell, CIA reports directly to the former president didn't stop 911!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yeah I'm confused as Lucid is how can it be selling something when it's trying to expose some of the ugly truths.

If wiki leaks starts getting flak like it seems to be for doing what it's always tried to do then surely that's just another nail in the coffin for potential whistle blowers and the avenues they have.

I don't understand what some people want out in the open, as far as I can see the whole "national security card" which is quite frayed and worn round the edges being played again so we then just shut up.

I'm sure I'm missing the bigger picture

Regards,

Panda

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

The thing that kills me when trying to understand this whole debacle is if the US did not bump off Assange before he leaked the documents, because they were trying to secure the files first, why has he not been suicided or disappeared yet?
I’m sure given 15 minutes and Google earth I myself could track him down.
Something does smell bad here.
He will probably leaak info that Iran does indeed have WMD’s and Amadinajaket is in fact The "Superdevil" bent on American destruction.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

This seems a desperate bit of spin to try and blame the whitehouse.

I heard a detailed interview with the NY Times reporter that met with the Whitehouse a fe days before the docs were released.

The NYTimes DID NOT offer the whitehouse the docs for review

They simply had a list of questions that they asked to be confirmed or denied

At that point we are talking about classified docs and there is no way they are going to get into a discussion, validating classified information, concerning supposed classified docs that they hadn't even seen yet.

The OP article makes no sense IMO.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

How is this selling the Iraq war? Or any war? I must be missing something really basic here. This is more akin (to me anyway, so far, and I haven't seen it all, mind you) of the leaking of the Pentagon Papers to END a war.

My opinion; the leaks are gonna show how hard the troops are working and how the government is 'really' only going after terrorists fighting insurgents.. basically fighting an honest war. They'll also show involvements with other countries like Pakistan, NK and Iran. People will then think.. well, the leaks don't show anything sinister.. perhaps TPTB really are over there because a few cavemen crashed planes into the trade towers and rigged them for controlled demo.

top topics

join