It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Chupacabra in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This was front page news in our local newspaper

A BELGRAVE South couple are shocked and angry after a vicious dog mauled their pet goat to death.

And Peter and Lauren Francis are warning nearby residents a killer dog is at large - and that it may strike again.

The couple arrived at Lauren’s parents’ Temple Rd home they were house-sitting at 5.30pm last Wednesday to find 14-year-old pet goat Moon dying on the lawn.

He had been dragged, had bite marks on his neck and his stomach was ripped open. Moon died a few minutes later.

They initially noticed something was wrong when they walked through the back gates to find five other goats huddled together, looking scared.

Mrs Francis grew up with white family pet goat Moon, who she described as being “very affectionate”.

Mrs Francis is certain a dog killed Moon, judging by paw prints leading away from the scene.

She said they were shocked at the extent of Moon’s injuries and believe the dog must have been incredibly angry and powerful.

The couple have seen a black dog, similar in size to a kelpie, running loose around the property in recent weeks and they believe it may be the killer.

They are now worried the dog may return and are urging other animal owners in the area to be careful.

They are also appealing for any witnesses to come forward.

Yarra Ranges Council spokesman James Martin said a council ranger quickly arrived at the scene after the attack was reported, took statements from the shocked couple and spoke to local residents about dogs seen at large in the area.

In the last 12 months, the council has investigated nearly 190 reports of dog attacks on other animals, livestock and, in some cases, on people.

The council has the power to destroy killer dogs and take owners to court if they don’t comply with authorities’ requests.

Link free-press-leader.whereilive.com.au...

Mod Edit: Added EX tags. Please use external quote tags when quoting from other sources.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Chupacabra? Really?
That's a big leap considering

Mrs Francis is certain a dog killed Moon
. And also

The couple have seen a black dog, similar in size to a kelpie, running loose around the property in recent weeks and they believe it may be the killer.

Not to mention

In the last 12 months, the council has investigated nearly 190 reports of dog attacks on other animals, livestock and, in some cases, on people.

Case closed i would say.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by pazcat]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I think the lady in the image did it ... she was jealous of the goat.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Does not really sound like the Chupacabra to me. The name means goat sucker. Point being the suck the blood not rip the animals apart.
More info
here

and here

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Chupacabra? Really?
That's a big leap considering

Mrs Francis is certain a dog killed Moon
. And also

Not to mention

Case closed i would say.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by pazcat]

Agreed, not sure where you got chupacabra from, if you were going to jump to conclusion maybe something thats got some credit to it here, like the pathers, or drop bears.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Drop Bears! They are awesome for scaring the tourists.

Thanks for reminding me about them!

But yes, dog, dog and more dog.

[edit on 29/7/10 by shamus78]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

You know, I think you are right.

It is totally Drop Bears.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3269227efbf.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
isn't this Australia? i would say Dingos!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nemesite

Why instantly jump to the conclusion of chupacabra? Even without the wise words of previous posters clearing this matter up as a dog attack, surely in Australia your first wild cryptoazoology guess would be a Bunyip.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It was an idea! Nothing more, hence the "possible" besides, I can dream can't I?..lol

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

She does look suprisingly pleased with herself and the man looks like he wishes it was her.This story may have some deeper secrets which will become apparent in good time.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

yep!
there's more that story, perhaps.

i'd say dingos, too.
remember dingos actually killed that little boy some time back, on a camping trip with his family.
his mother was blamed and put on trial but in the end, justice won out, only because somehow the dingos gave themselves away, in a video or something, where there was evidence of another human attack.

forgive me for not remembering the specifics and not looking it up. i'm sure many know what i am referring to and it can easily be googled.

my point is, though, that if dingos will attack a human, then a goat is a given!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
reply to post by 12voltz

yep!
there's more that story, perhaps.

i'd say dingos, too.
remember dingos actually killed that little boy some time back, on a camping trip with his family.
his mother was blamed and put on trial but in the end, justice won out, only because somehow the dingos gave themselves away, in a video or something, where there was evidence of another human attack.

forgive me for not remembering the specifics and not looking it up. i'm sure many know what i am referring to and it can easily be googled.

my point is, though, that if dingos will attack a human, then a goat is a given!

Azaria Chamberlain story;
en.wikipedia.org...

and yeah, dingoes aren't the friendliest of dogs. We've got a few problems in QLD with them on Fraser Island where they have been known to attack and get too close to people, and have been known to stalk young ones. But from what i've heard, it has been brought on from visitors to the island feeding them and not keeping food secure, so they tend to come right up and then problems occur.

Cute though!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Wow OP. You really are exercising your freedom of press aren't you?

Your title is not only misleading, it's down right dumb.
You're suggesting "death + goat = chupacabra" although the entire article refers to wild dog(s).

I think you may have a career with The Weekly World News and/or The Onion!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

i want 2 of them!

lol, great pic!!

chuppies are not in oz, yet.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I think you are referring to the Azaria Chamberlain case and it was a little girl that was taken /killed.You remember the classic line"A dingo's got my baby".
Either way my moneys on a wild dog or the lady in the pic.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I will tell you right now, this is NOT a Chupacabras (remember to always spell it with an S!). Please read my thread, The REAL Chupacabras.
Hopefully you read it, so you should now know that the original Chupacabras from Puerto Rico don't even drink blood, thats just a misunderstanding gone WAY too far.

Even if we did pretend that it was related to Latin American/Mexican "Chupacabra", there would still be factors to prove otherwise. Never has one of these creatures been reported to have ripped open the stomach of an animal. No where in the article did I read anything about blood being drained. It even says multiple times in the article that it was a DOG.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

Or Yowie
But anyway, the culprit was clearly a dog

top topics

join