It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next Governor of Tennessee?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Wow I wish this was a parody or spoof video!

This guy is either a complete and utter moron, or he is real, real nervous about being on TV. Which do you think it is?

Here is a transcript of what he says:

I'M BASIL MARCEAUX DOT COM, THE REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE FOR GOVERNOR.

I'D LIKE TO RECALL...ALL...PERMIT..AND REGISTRATION...FOR GUNS. EVERYONE CAN CARRY A GUN. IF YOU KILL SOMEONE THOUGH, YOU GET MURDERED, AND YOU GO TO JAIL.

AND UH, I'D LIKE TO PUT - PLANT GRASS OR VEGETATION ACROSS THE STATE IN ANY VACANT LOT AND SELL IT FOR GAS SO WE CAN USE IT FOR OUR EXPENSES.

ALSO, I'M GOING TO REMOVE ALL GOLD-FRINGED FLAGS FROM THE STATE AND FLY THE REAL FLAG WITH THREE STRIPES.

I ALSO WANT TO STOP TRAFFIC STOPS, SET IT UP LIKE THE SUPREME COURT RULED IN KNOWLES VS IOWA...CAN'T FIND INNOCENT CAR YOU CAN'T LOOK.

I WANT YOU ALL TO VOTE FOR BASIL MARCEAUX. I WANT YOU TO SAY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE REPUBLIC IN THE MORNING WHEN YOU COME OUT, AND WE ALL PRAY TO GOD AND, SAY AMEN, AND EVERYONE HAVE A NICE DAY, AND I'LL SEE Y'ALL AT THE POLLS. THANK YOU, HAVE A NICE DAY.

Again this is not a joke. This was aired on television. This is an actual candidate. If someone like this gets elected we might as well all just go to the kitchen cabinet, take out a water class, wrap it in a towel, hit it on the counter and then open the towel and eat the crushed glass.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Blazer]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

Uhm, did they get this guy out of bed at the last minute to do an interview?

It looked like the anchor people were having a hard time keeping a straight face before the man even spoke!

Perhaps he wants into run for a better dental plan?

What I really would like to see is a debate between this guy and the other 4 candidates! LOLLLLLLLLL!!!!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Looks like a shoo-in for governor of Tennessee.

Now the Republicans just need some candidates like him to take back control of congress in November. Go repubs!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Funny!!

I live in TN & never even heard of this guy. The candidates listed by the state's major newspaper outlets are:

Jim Kyle (D)
Kim McMillan (D)
Mike McWherter (D)
Bill Gibbons (R)
Bill Haslam (R)
Ron Ramsey (R)
Zach Wamp (R)

In my opinion tho, Bill Haslam will take the ticket. He is the former Chief Executive Officer and President of Pilot Corporation. And his family still owns the business.~disclaimer, that my opinion not my vote~

I don't think you have to worry about this crackpot getting elected.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hey guys... guess what?

While we are bitchin' about things here, this candidate has enough balls to actually get out there and do something...he's running for office.

While we whine about how bad things are and what we would do about this and that...this guy is actually putting his beliefs where his mouth and money are.

So go ahead and laugh..he is unpolished, just a regular guy... but give him credit...

Where's your attempt to actually change things?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

So paying taxes and voting isn't enough? How about volunteering at the homeless shelter? Does giving to charitable organizations count. How about working a 60hr week, trying to raise 3 kids to be decent human beings?

Is that actually attempting to change things?

Hey guy...guess what? You just lost all credibility with me from now on with those assumptions.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

I am a Systems Engineer, I have no desire to get into politics to "change things" (like that is even possible any more). But I would still do my part by NOT voting for this idiot.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

As a Tennessee resident, I saw this video earlier this week. I still laugh every time I see it.

The sad part is that this guy will probably get more than two votes (his own and his mom's). I'm betting somewhere in the 200-300 range.

I'll give him credit for getting out there, at least. Plus I'm glad he's concerned about the real issues this country is facing, namely getting rid of those pesky gold-fringed flags!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by MrBigDog1974]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Funny!!

I live in TN & never even heard of this guy. The candidates listed by the state's major newspaper outlets are:

Jim Kyle (D)
Kim McMillan (D)
Mike McWherter (D)
Bill Gibbons (R)
Bill Haslam (R)
Ron Ramsey (R)
Zach Wamp (R)

In my opinion tho, Bill Haslam will take the ticket. He is the former Chief Executive Officer and President of Pilot Corporation. And his family still owns the business.~disclaimer, that my opinion not my vote~

I don't think you have to worry about this crackpot getting elected.

Recent polling puts Ron Ramsey at the top.At least in West Tennessee. People around here don't much like Haslam.You know big money and a big political office always spells trouble for the little man.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

hahahah this guy is awesome.

You seem to be displeased.

Why?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Recent polling puts Ron Ramsey at the top.At least in West Tennessee. People around here don't much like Haslam.You know big money and a big political office always spells trouble for the little man.

Well it's good to know that his money influence hasn't reach across the entire state. Here in East TN he is polling ahead of everyone buy double digits. source But of course he is the mayor of Knoxville (where his family has the most pull).

As for the guy in the video above, he has become an internet sensation. I see no reason for his popularity not to stop there.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by Blazer

hahahah this guy is awesome.

You seem to be displeased.

Why?

He is awesome, for comedy sake. I am not displeased except for him being an actual candidate and diluting the pool of viable candidates. Then again, I guess anyone who votes for him is not serious about voting anyhow.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Wow, I like this guy! His proposed policy changes are just what we need. Why can't we get normal politicians to champion these same human liberties? Anyway, I would vote him in over the vast majority of candidates running this year. Geaux Marceaux!

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

If he is not on the ticket then how the hell is he on every TV show?
It seems like an invention of the Media!

WTF?

Media messing with Americans to go anti-republican. CFR working f-ing overtime.

new topics

top topics

join