It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the internet a safety net?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
okay this is my first thread so bare with me a thought occurred to me the other night what if the internet is not free like we are lead to believe but a secondary catchnet, most people on here believe that MSM is to control the general masses and so go looking for their own info on the net, but what if it is also a control device.

You don't believe the truth of media so we will give you a darker story that you will want to believe but it still is not the truth, my example of this is the film The Matrix(not saying we are stuck in it just as reference to controls)in the film they "escape" the matrix to be presented by a horror world where the humans are at war with the machines but i believe this reality is a secondary matrix to keep them locked in, the agents even state that the original matrix was a utopia that people didn't believe so they had to create the one from the film, but some people didn't believe this either so i believe they created a secondary matrix (the war/zion) that was so bad it had to be believed

I mean why is the internat called the world wide WEB, webs are never good things, web of lies, web of deceit and then real webs that entrap and snare food for the spider. so what if the internet is a real web to entrap people that escape MSM and if so who is the spider

if it seems a ramble i'm sorry its the way my mind works and this is just a theory can't say i believe it one way or the other but what are other peoples thoughts on this

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It's a fact of life that people are going to control things... that things are controlled. You just have to be as savvy as you possibly can be in recognizing patterns and methods. You have to analyze everything, believe little or nothing, and then analyze it again. People have different strengths, weaknesses, knowledge bases, and experience, so this can be extremely difficult to do on your own, which is why it takes a team effort, and oftentimes places just like this.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I knew the elites were glitchers. How else could they be rulers in a fake world? I hate glitchers, always shooting me when I cant see them. Probably campers too.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hi OP,

I always thought the Inter "Net" and the world wide "Web" were constructs to catch us. Many of us are caught inside the Webs and Nets and live out many hours of each day inside them.

Perhaps they are simply more tools to distract and occupy us.
When we rely on machines to keep our idle time occupied we look outwardly taking as further away from looking inwardly.

Fortunatly for some we can come together on sites like these and share insights with one another helping us to grow consciously and spiritually.

None the less Webs and Nets are only used to catch things. Lets hope we have not all been caught.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It's easier to walk away than you think. No one can catch you if you don't allow yourself to be caught. We control this...it doesn't control us.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
if you're really that worried about being 'caught in the web' there is a simple solution, that power button on your computer will instantly cut all cords entangling you. haha

im sure there are certian aspects meant to monitor/control people, but that being said, they cant make you believe/do anything. it is all on you to act and make your own decisions.

gather as much info as you can, and use your logic and reason to come up with your own conclusion.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
so you believe this is possible, its kind of ironic that i got the idea from a film
i also agree when it was said that we as a group can help eachother grow we just have to look out for the gaps so we can slip through so we don't remain caught. i have a question if the MSM keeps people controlled and the "net" catches the stragglers what happens if you escape that what is beyond

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Mo
if you're really that worried about being 'caught in the web' there is a simple solution, that power button on your computer will instantly cut all cords entangling you. haha

im sure there are certian aspects meant to monitor/control people, but that being said, they cant make you believe/do anything. it is all on you to act and make your own decisions.

gather as much info as you can, and use your logic and reason to come up with your own conclusion.

i aint worried to much as i compare all sources good and bad, and as one of my favourite saying goes with the right incentive people will believe a lie because they either want it to be true or they are afraid it is true

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Anthony Massey

Sure it's a net, the Webbot works both ways.
It will not only tell you what color if any will Brittney Spears underwear be but it also tells the PTB what will keep you pacified.
Simple as that really.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The Mo

You are right the only way to beat this kind of a beast is to disconnect,
There are ways to make even the keenest of minds believe, they use disinfo and repetition. Just ask any car salesman.
It is hard to gather true Intel as you do not always have boots on the ground in every theatre of action, but there will be 100 disinfo agents for every Truther.
You would truly need a network of trusted people to gather true intel, so we have ATS but, even we are not immune from infiltration.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
I knew the elites were glitchers. How else could they be rulers in a fake world? I hate glitchers, always shooting me when I cant see them. Probably campers too.

HEY! CAMPERS ARE GOOD PEOPLE! It takes skill to camp correctly and make your kill streak to attack helicopter.

Bad campers just sit there and return each time like idiots...

GOOD campers do it with class, moving in the general area while not leaving that building or shrubbery...

And yes, the internet is no safer then the realms within the TV.

Give them time and they will run it all.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

You are right it is the new frontier and anonymity is our shield, as we are the new insurgent.
"VIVE LA REVOLUTION".

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by Myendica

HEY! CAMPERS ARE GOOD PEOPLE! It takes skill to camp correctly and make your kill streak to attack helicopter.

Stupid people always hiding in the rock and elevators. I hate boosters too.

On topic, I am of the opinion that the internet is the one mistake that TPTB is regretting right now. Just like Microsoft and Infinity Ward cant stop hackers on XBox and COD, TPTB can't stop the free spread of information across the internet.

Here is an important distinction:

Internet vs. Web

The terms Internet and World Wide Web are often used in everyday speech without much distinction However, the Internet and the World Wide Web are not one and the same. The Internet is a globa data communications system. It is a hardware and software infrastructure that provides connectivity between computers. In contrast, the Web is one of the services communicated via the Internet. It is a collection of interconnected documents and other[ 1] resources, linked by hyperlinks and URLs.[ 1]

So while you may be able to control the web, the internet is independent and made of independent networks and so you cannot control the information flowing within these independent networks.

If you're asking if the internet is a safety net (a question that does not match what you said in your OP at all) then I direct you to it's origins.

ARPA created the Information Processing Technology Office (IPTO) to further the research of the Semi Automatic Ground Environment (SAGE) program, which had networked country-wide radar systems together for the first time. The IPTO's purpose was to find ways to address the US Military's concern about survivability of their communications networks, and as a first step interconnect their computers at the Pentagon, Cheyenne Mountain, and SAC HQ.

After much work, the first two nodes of what would become the ARPANET were interconnected between Kleinrock's Network Measurement Center at the UCLA's School of Engineering and Applied Science and Douglas Engelbart's NLS system at SRI International (SRI) in Menlo Park, California, on October 29, 1969. The third site on the ARPANET was the Culler-Fried Interactive Mathematics centre at the University of California at Santa Barbara, and the fourth was the University of Utah Graphics Department. In an early sign of future growth, there were already fifteen sites connected to the young ARPANET by the end of 1971

The ARPANET was one of the "eve" networks of today's Internet. In an independent development, Donald Davies at the UK National Physical Laboratory also discovered the concept of packet switching in the early 1960s, first giving a talk on the subject in 1965, after which the teams in the new field from two sides of the Atlantic ocean first became acquainted. It was actually Davies' coinage of the wording "packet" and "packet switching" that was adopted as the standard terminology. Davies also built a packet switched network n the UK called the Mark I in 1970. [ 5] n the UK called the Mark I in 1970

The internet was originally created to .ensure redundancy and survivability of military ground communication in case of disaster. So yes, it is a sort of safety net.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I expected a different thought when I read the thread. Not sure on your angle.

I do think ATS is a safety net. Where else can you discuss the subjects discussed here without be the regular ridicule of normal society?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Al Gore also was determined to find manbearpig and so he helped the military network their radars to find the half man, half bear, half pig abomination.

/humor

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The Internet is an interesting phenomenon. I share the opinion with a previous poster that TPTB are regretting some aspects of it.

Sure, it is chock-full of agendas, but the truth is out there too. It's sort of a new "lawless frontier" where you have to be savvy to survive, but if you are, the rewards are great.

I'm not sure how long it will stay this way. People seem to have almost a "faith" in the idea that its decentralized nature will prevent it from being corrupted. But the fact is, there is still some central structure to it, and all the state has to do is make laws that force ISPs to do this or that and the freedom game is over.

I think we are in, or perhaps just starting to exit, the "golden age" of the Internet. I think it may start becoming really dark really soon, where it ends up being used more as a tool of surveillance than an information haven. It's already headed down that road.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
all good posts i wasn't stating that it was a web/net just seeing if it was a possibility, i also think that it will get alot more controlled as well because you can't allow the peons access to information that may educate them.

p.s i ain't one for camping i am more of a shock troop just point me in the right direction first, but i have seen a god camper singlehandedly win the game before but like in real life for every tactic there is a counter it's just who evolves the quickest

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well I have noticed that when you are looking for a specific kind of information the web is more flooded in advertising and products rather than actual valuable, real information. Even if I type in something very specific it will probably come up with retreats, holidays, products, gaming consoles, rock star t-shirts etc. Nothing valuable.
It's called a web because it connects information. Maybe there is a plan behind it, but its been around for a while.
You can't keep denying your own thoughts for the sake of not being controlled. Trust your own thoughts and mind.
I could say 'well that's what they want', so this mysterious 'they' always have an upper hand. I know about the NWO, not a lot, but enough. It's easy to get dragged down into it, but if you purify your thoughts, realise that if these people are people like you (although by degrees), and nothing else. There is only so far control can go - sucessful manipulation by what seems to be inconspicious means, then as a direct result deliberate problems occur that will be solved by further manipulation, coercion, and perhaps by force.
But if disaster is heading this way through either some prophecy, change in the world, or through government, it's going to happen. If it's all a big fantasy then it doesn't matter.

From confusion led by fear/ self-made fear you will always be under control.
It is the confusion and conflicting information which makes you feel powerless and disturbed.

It's not a fairytale. The internet is another tool used as a monitering 'system'. But the thing is, you will, as you know, be given knowledge of this in cookies, terms and conditions agreements, forms, online banking risks. They know you know, now you have to ask yourself why would they do that.
Perhaps it's not as spooky as you or I think.
But it doesn't mean you shouldn't be on your guard though.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I was going to say that the Internet and 'www' are two separate things. The 'web' is a graphic interface.

PP "dbloch" explained it better though

I am "Old Skool" not that I'm a programmer, but a longtime user. Yeah you almost had to be a programmer back in the day
My Mom was a programmer and also friends and parents of friends who were old timers, etc. My ex had an old Radio Shack computer that processed like 32 bits in DOS and read cassette tapes

My Mom used to bring home the old IBM "Punch cards". She worked on the old main frame stuff.

It's nothing to be afraid of, all these things have just evolved. Why not read some articles, even basic ones, on "computer science", and this may set your mind at ease.
(Alot is so boring it will put you to sleep too!
)

Of course this does not mean that people can't be watching you online, that's a separate issue. I don't think "the net" was set up for that though. Nor it's "evolution" - which in my opinion was largely advertising driven. Ah - but that could be 'control' right there - and the advertisers certainly DO watch you......

I wouldn't worry too much though. If "they" decide they want you, they're gonna get you. Regardless. And before the Internet, or phones, or other technology - people worried that "spies" might have been hanging from the trees.

Try not to worry too much. Read more about computers and the net. Knowledge will dispel fear

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
as i stated before i ain't afraid of TPTB or anyone else, i was just wondering if the "net" as most people know it could be a device used to catch people that had slipped out of MSM control, for example look at this site people come here because things don't quite add up and then someone comes along and says its such and such the person then goes away thinking everything is hunky-dory (this bit is theoretical).

most people are aware that news and other outlets put a spin on things but believe the "net" is absolute truth.

so in closing and after thinking about this more i believe the mechanics of the net aren't built to "catch" us but the people that want to sway public opinion have realised that it is easier on the net so my mum's old saying still rings true "don't believe everything you read"

new topics

top topics

join