It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rupee Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Recently wondered why so many Indians ie people born in INDIA ...drive Taxis...in Australia after a bad experience trying to go from A to B .
I have discovered that $600 aussie dollars per week sent back to INDIA via the Commonwealth Bank OF Australia equates to almost 30,000 Indian Rupees?
A computer programmer in INDIA only on average earns 6000 rupees per week?
Does this explain why so many Indian citizens work around the globe?... taking so many so called menial jobs?
My maths and info from respected income sources in India suggest a Taxi Driver in Australia sending Aussie Dollars back to India earns more than a senior IT manager working in India?
Is this not a Global conspiracy?
How many jobs in the western world have been consumed by Indians?
They convert the US/australian/uk/south african/canadian/Nz dollar/pound back to Indian Rupppes and wow they earn more by doing menial labour in the west than a senior manager in India.
Cool you say? But what about the unemployed in the west?
Some nay millions cant get a job ....those born in their respective nations....whilst Indians under the guise of student visas find work reADILY?
THIS PERHAPS IS THE CONSPIRACY WE SHOULD ALL EXAMINE?
TREASON AND TRAITORS WILL SAY SO WHAT.
Money Money that is worth more the survival of nations citizens.
The UNEMPLOYED OF WESTERN NATIONS SUBSIDISE THE ROAMING WORKERS OF THE INDIAN?CHINESE NATIONS.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
hopeless argument! Indians have the talent so they are more demanding (other than ur mention taxi drivers, there are so many indians in much higher positions, for example Lakshmi mittal is the richest man in UK is of indian origin and many). Why cant the so called native residents in their respective countries prove their talent and get jobs than blaming other talented people?

So i beleive ur comment is of irresponsible type and should be ignored...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hey, do not pick on them, it is always refreshing to see two people get into fist fight over who is going to take me to the event I am going to whenever I travel.

No kidding, in the past three years, twice the drivers came to fistacuffs over a fare.

It was quite strange the first time, the second time I was with my brother and he was like head back and WTF. I told him no big deal, happens all the time.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by harishindl
hopeless argument! Indians have the talent so they are more demanding (other than ur mention taxi drivers, there are so many indians in much higher positions, for example Lakshmi mittal is the richest man in UK is of indian origin and many). Why cant the so called native residents in their respective countries prove their talent and get jobs than blaming other talented people?

So i beleive ur comment is of irresponsible type and should be ignored...

Complete ignoring of the Opening Posts argument
If you can read English and Understand , then reply.
The whole point of my thread is to highlight that many western nations citizens are being made unemployed by the undercutting offered by Indian Citizens , offering their labour overseas under the guise of being students.
Any Intelligent wewstern human being can figure it out hopefully.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
But I want to mention even India is open to all students around the globe...there are indeed many western students in India. Do you know that?. Remember India is emerging.. now 70% Indian students want to come back to India instead of staying back in foreign countries. Dont worry time is changing and you will go to India some day.. Then u'll understand that Earth is of everybody. we are all humans after all..

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Whoever told you that an indian programmer earns six thousand must be BSing. They earn an average of 24000 to 1 lakh upwards.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by harishindl
But I want to mention even India is open to all students around the globe...there are indeed many western students in India. Do you know that?. Remember India is emerging.. now 70% Indian students want to come back to India instead of staying back in foreign countries. Dont worry time is changing and you will go to India some day.. Then u'll understand that Earth is of everybody. we are all humans after all..

Another obtuse reply.....the fact is Indian citizens work overseas to send income home to India at the expense of those in western nations with little bargaining power.
Anyone who denies this is ignorant in the extreme and no doubt not affected.
We are not talking about race or skin colour, just Nationality.
The western citizens are now sold out, for those who work for less, because the conversion of the Us/aussie....dollar to the Rupee (Indian) still sees these foreign citizens working under student visas make a profit.
They are not to blame /the traitors who employ them over the unemployed of the west are the traitors.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
" They are not to blame /the traitors who employ them over the unemployed of the west are the traitors "

Now I agree! But I promise you its not going to continue for years. Time is running towards India now. They'll come back home happily. You know that Indian government is asking skilled scholars outside India to comeback so that India is able to pay much more than western world?

Anyway Talent should be respected.. Indian students deserve a job for their talent against their counterparts... Right?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Such an attitude hints strongly of an unnecessary paranoia. Nevertheless I agree with your contention that the western folks have no "bargaining power" per se and hence lose jobs.

However what do you suggest is the alternative here?....it would not be possible to ban Chinese and Indian immigrants altogether.

As an employer it would make sense for me to hire people who are willing to work for a lower wage/pay-scale as it offers me an unparalleled advantage in a vastly competitive global landscape.I am doing this to survive and to sustain my business, not because I happen to be a traitor as you have postulated.

I would recommend having some form of reservation policy...reckon that this would mitigate the nature of the problem by a small measure.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
What this has to do with "Rupee or so called "The Rupee Conspiracy" ? West is always been into this trend of consuming on cheap labour, where do you think most of your daily used items from pencil to mobile phone and clothes etc? majority of them come from either china or bangladesh and other small countries such as thailand and bangkok, then why dont you shout upon them for snatching your industrial jobs?
why always target on IT field and say they are outsourced? why dont we call it as a "yuan conspiracy"..... china dumpings to globe is almost equals to that of Indians IT revenues...

[edit on 29-7-2010 by snowlord]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Not just India, they come from all over the world to work for minimum wage or less and send excess income home to India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China and other filial collective monetary cultures. They come from the former Eastern Bloc to work all over Western Europe, and send excess income home to finance new homes and businessess. They come from Africa to access free Western education systems and send their excess income to finance education for their family members that their own governments will not provide. They come from Mexico and Brazil and send their excess income home.

All the developing world has immigrants to the developed world, moving the money around.

A brand new way of redistribution of wealth?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

That I reckon is what is referred to as globalization; its not a conspiracy

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

So What

As long as taxi driver buys his coffie at mcdonnalds where my sister works.
Pays his electricty gas water rent ect ect ect in this country where we work, I can't see your dilemma. I wonder if doctors do the same.

Regards, robbo.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
No disrespect Mr Expired, but your argument smacks of a loser with a lot of frustration. Surely a handful of Indian students working part-time as cabbies can't be the cause of unemployment in Australia. After all what's the percentage of Indians in Australia - 1%-2% ?

It's time you guys wake up. It's a global economy, anybody can hire anybody in any part of the world, provided it gets him/her more value for money. Most Indians abroad are doing high-profile white-collar jobs - as s/w managers, architects, directors, business heads. There are 100's of Indians working in Microsoft. What makes them click? Simple - they are smart, they achieve more than what the natives do, in less time, charging less money. If your people had the capability, why would your companies bring in Indians to do your job?

As for Rupee conspiracy, if a laptop costs 200 dollars in Sydney, do you think it costs 200 Rupees in Delhi? No - it'd cost 40000 Rs. For your info, Mumbai in India is one of the costliest cities in the world.

Admit it dude, it's an era of competition. Indians & Chinese are everywhere because they've what it takes to win. So what you guys do? You get together in a group of 6-to-10, hunt down a lone Indian student on a by-lane & beat the heck out of him. Quite a show of your nation's character, I must say.

It's time you stop whining & give a decent fight for survival.

~psm

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
because indian people are evil right? come on now stop this idiocy.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't know what this has to do with rupee, since India is far from only country where outsourcing is high.

As for the IT department, I have only this to say.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by perth1415
No disrespect Mr Expired, but your argument smacks of a loser with a lot of frustration. Surely a handful of Indian students working part-time as cabbies can't be the cause of unemployment in Australia. After all what's the percentage of Indians in Australia - 1%-2% ?

It's time you guys wake up. It's a global economy, anybody can hire anybody in any part of the world, provided it gets him/her more value for money. Most Indians abroad are doing high-profile white-collar jobs - as s/w managers, architects, directors, business heads. There are 100's of Indians working in Microsoft. What makes them click? Simple - they are smart, they achieve more than what the natives do, in less time, charging less money. If your people had the capability, why would your companies bring in Indians to do your job?

As for Rupee conspiracy, if a laptop costs 200 dollars in Sydney, do you think it costs 200 Rupees in Delhi? No - it'd cost 40000 Rs. For your info, Mumbai in India is one of the costliest cities in the world.

Admit it dude, it's an era of competition. Indians & Chinese are everywhere because they've what it takes to win. So what you guys do? You get together in a group of 6-to-10, hunt down a lone Indian student on a by-lane & beat the heck out of him. Quite a show of your nation's character, I must say.

It's time you stop whining & give a decent fight for survival.

~psm

I would suggest anyone who writes ignorant words such as yours totally twisting reality should not suggest others are losers.
Being concerned for the young unemployed of ones own nation is not in any shape or form a condonement of Racial Hate.
The core of my argument is citizenship....do we value it or not....do we believe an Australian citizen should be unemployed whilst Foreign citizens on visas undercut the Australian citizen in several industry sectors.
Do you think I have no due right to be concerned?
We are not talking about immigrants , we are concerned about hundreds of thousands of Student Visa young persons (most not studying) working and sending most of their income home.
I appreciate the poverty in india,but there are poor in Australia, oh and being poor isnt being a loser in Australia its being a battler.
For ten years I was a battler,no silverspoon no inheritance I worked ,looked for work, worked , lived in a car,fasted for a week because I had no money,if that makes one a loser , then IAM A LOSER.
I see the youngsters at the local unemployment centres and I remember the times I tried to get work, and was told scores of people had applied for the job and sorry the position has been filled, most of the time not even an interview.
I have learned that if you dont fight for yourself no one else will, so if exposing the fact that non citizens non permanent residents are working whilst hundreds of thousands of young/older Australian Citizens are told there is no work ....if this is somehow racist or cowardly then I say believe what you will....one day you might understand when it happens to you.

I have met several Indians and have nothing against them as people.
I just believe in my country and the value of its own citizens/residents being given the right to work, not excluded by the hiring of non citizens/residents....ITS TREASON PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robbo2006

So What

As long as taxi driver buys his coffie at mcdonnalds where my sister works.
Pays his electricty gas water rent ect ect ect in this country where we work, I can't see your dilemma. I wonder if doctors do the same.

Regards, robbo.

yes exactly i agree with robbo!

and between where do you Americans come from? did'nt you snatched the land from native Americans and colonized the entire country though your origins are from Europe?

Did you forgot east india company(british empire) royally looting gold and diamonds from india and other countries for almost 300+ years? now its there turn leave it

[edit on 30-7-2010 by snowlord]

[edit on 30-7-2010 by snowlord]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I weep for those who still think a nation has value outside money making value.
We have been sold out by our own kind for a few shekels, whilst poverty brands more and more sic Aussies every day.
There are working people in Australia(battlers) living in cars... as they see their incomes plummet in comparison to the cost of living, some cant find employment, but hundreds of thousands of faux student visa foreign citizens have work......oh yes they are harder working and more honest than Aussies, thats the stories the traitors spread.
Not one australian citizen or Permanent resident regardless of colour/belief/country of birth....should be unemployed whilst foreign citizens enjoy employment in Australia, once this would be common sense, now its a losers attitude.
Waltzing matilda ....nah bend over and take it like a man.

new topics

top topics

join