It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Model describes universe with no big bang, no beginning, and no end

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well, for me God shouldn't even come into the equation, I mean, if the Universe is infinite, God is infinite........ tells me nothing new.

Many Scientist have held this theory of "no beginning, no end" for a long time, it makes just as much sense as the Big Bang, but for me, as long as we look and study the Universe as a Material, Clock Work mechanism, our answers will always be limited.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I too do not understand the idea of the interchangability of mass and length. But this is interesting.

I have often wondered if our own dogmatic approach as just plain humans keeps us from being able to comprehend a thing that simply is.

It could well be that the cosmos exists independent of human thought. It is possible that it simply exists, but we can't seem to wrap our mind around that concept.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Village Idiot
Well, for me God shouldn't even come into the equation, I mean, if the Universe is infinite, God is infinite........ tells me nothing new.

Many Scientist have held this theory of "no beginning, no end" for a long time, it makes just as much sense as the Big Bang, but for me, as long as we look and study the Universe as a Material, Clock Work mechanism, our answers will always be limited.

I think the answer is not important, what is important is the Universe as a tool for us.

Think about it, everything in this universe is here for us, do you disagree?

Once you accept that fact, you will come to the conclusion that this whole universe, everything in it, is a tool for us, to use. Now find the purpose.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
No, I don't disagree at all.

As for finding the purpose, that's one heck of a journey with many different paths, along with the possibility the Universe is nothing more than a Holograph.

I can understand how Neo felt, being conditioned to one line of thinking when there are so many alternative truths.

Oh... forgot to mention, great post

S+F

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I love this idea!

In many ways it fits in with the concept of relativity. One variable increases inversely proportional to another. For example, for a fixed power output (wattage), less voltage reqires more current.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
atheism doesnt make any sense

its impossible to imagine that our world simply decided to came to existence by itself

something or someone generated the universe

it doesnt matter which theory you support, it doesnt matter if we are living inside a computer, or if we are living between hell and heaven

I dont support any kind of attempt of religion classication, but I wont extend, not in this thread

-

about the universe without beginning or end ... who knows, everything is just speculation and the big bang theory only works because we created a lot of entities named DARK_XXXX

I think its more easy to try to find alien life older than ours and smarter than us and ask them, instead of trying to take one theory and base it as the truth

all we know are just perspectives and opinions, we dont have proof for most of things, and definitely we dont know if big bang happened, and if it did we dont know what caused, and just getting back to the religion aspect, what caused the big bang is our GOD (something --- someone / intentional or not ... doesnt matter)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Village Idiot

Everything is working on a frequency, and in our current state of being, we are tuned to the 3D world. So it makes sense observing it. But I also believe that we will never find any really interesting answers just looking out the window.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join