It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Model describes universe with no big bang, no beginning, and no end

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

....In his proposal, time and space can be converted into one another, with a varying speed of light as the conversion factor. Mass and length are also interchangeable, with the conversion factor depending on both a varying gravitational “constant” and a varying speed of light (G/c2)....

So what he is proposing is that time and space can be converted to one another, hence as time goes on, time is converted to space, stating that this is the explanation for the expansion of the Universe. This means that the opposite is also true, hence, space being converted to time. Very interesting

Also he is proposing that Mass can be converted to length, and length can be converted to mass. I don't get that part, can someone explain it please.

The new distinguishing features of the model are the following..:

As Shu writes in his paper, the newly proposed models have four distinguishing features:

The speed of light and the gravitational “constant” are not constant, but vary with the evolution of the universe.

Time has no beginning and no end; i.e., there is neither a big bang nor a big crunch singularity.

The spatial section of the universe is a 3-sphere (a higher-dimensional analogue of a sphere), ruling out the possibility of a flat or hyperboloid geometry.

The universe experiences phases of both acceleration and deceleration.

Time has no beginning and no end is what caught my eye, only because I made a thread in regards to time, labeling it as GOD, and how it has the characteristics of GOD portrayed in other belief systems.

So here you are Atheists, this is what you want it, here is a theory for all of you to cherish, so grab on to it before it evolves in to something different. Grab it and hold on to it until another theory takes over it.

A Universe without a beginning and without an end.

www.physorg.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Ah!
God?

Cool.

This sort of helps me along with my search

Man, I believe in the Big Bang, without any proof,

The question is, where did the big bang come from?

I don't care where it came from.

It came from something.

And it must have always been there, yes? Like a "god" figure?

Yeah, people disagree where it all came from...........lol............but it did originate from something? Whether and intelligent being, or just happened. lol...........nobody has an answer.........and if you believe you know the answer............it's all based upon faith in that which you have no knowledge of and just accept, because your brain cannot even solve it all.

So I say it's God. You say accident. Cool. None of us know.........

Enjoy your stuff, and I will enjoy my stuff. K?

[edit on 29-7-2010 by kyred]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Ah!
God?

Cool.

This sort of helps me along with my search

Man, I believe in the Big Bang, without any proof,

Sooo...

What do you think of this theory?

I'm not a scientists, but it makes sense, it is only a matter of evidence to give it the same credibility as the big bang theory.

Am I right?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I'm up for it. What else can I say?
Makes some sort of sense for me.

I'll go with it.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Of course you are "right" oozy. Nobody can deny it all.
Nobody can prove it all.

This is it, yes?
I'm all for evidence.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by kyred]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
this subject used to bother me.

No answer. No proof.

It used to drive me damned near crazy. lol

Really, though, no proof of anything.........so what's the problem?

Somebody has one idea and you have another.

K.

Cool.

I used to consider God made the universe, in accordance with my varous Christian upbringing. But nobody could tell me where God came from.

So I made up ideas. God was a atudent in an advanced science class. It had a project. And it created our universe and we are a 5th grade science project. gosh, I hope god wins the contest.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
So here you are Atheists, this is what you want it, here is a theory for all of you to cherish, so grab on to it before it evolves in to something different. Grab it and hold on to it until another theory takes over it.

A Universe without a beginning and without an end.

Hey man, it's only a THEORY, it doesn't mean it's true. You're tone, certainly in the quoted part is pretty combatative, I'd hate to see the interesting information you've presented descending into an Atheist/Theist mud-slinging contest, I know this has only happened once or twice on ATS, but still, I grow weary of it.

As an atheist myself (small A), I see no proof of god, God or GOD and hard-core science as you're showing - I have little understanding of, but I like to read and hopefully learn. That doesn't mean I'm grasping at straws to validate my belief or lack thereof. Simply, I'm just getting on with my life trying to get by and hopefully enjoy myself.

It seems from your quote above (seems, doesn't mean I'm right), that you're either trying to disparage the doubters, which isn't what Jesus would have done, it comes across as mean spirited and does a disservice to a religion that I think was founded on principles of tolerance and understanding.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to point that out, I am really interested in what's been presented and would like to know more - preferably in simple terms if possible.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Ah....the wonders of the uviverse.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
AAGGGHHHHH! Head explodes!

Star and Flag!

I don't think we'll ever have a definitive explanation for the origins of the universe. But I love hearing new theories.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Krishna to arjuna on the battlefield; "Never was there a time when I, you, or any of these kings did not exist, nor in the future shall any of us cease to be".

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
whoever wrote this is going ti hell simple as that. god is the alpha and the omega no need for scientific proof. just have something called faith

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

its sad how u dont see urself being eternal ill pray for u brother. may god open ur heart enough for u you to let him in.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
if time has no start or end. how could u prove that. u cant. if u are willing to believe that. why not believe the creator has always existed. i hate atheists ;l

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

This has nothing to do with atheism vs. theists. Even if the universe has a beginning and and end, God is proposed by most theists to have been around forever. Therefore both theists and atheists believe in things with no beginning or end even if they subscribe to this theory.

That said, the idea the the universe did not have a beginning is not worthy of consideration since you'd first have to explain how we got through infinity number of years in order to arrive at the present date. There is no such thing as infinity. It was invented by confused mathematics experts who couldn't solve a problem so decided to use a pretend answer to make them self feel better.

There is simply no reasonable explanation for infinity using either logic OR even emotion.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by truthquest]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest
There is no such thing as infinity. It was invented by confused mathematics experts who couldn't solve a problem so decided to use a pretend answer to make them self feel better.

Is that true? If so please could you link to it - I find the OP very interesting, if a little mind-boggling and I think that your point above might help my understanding, if it's correct.

Originally posted by KilIuminati
i hate atheists ;l

Dude, that's not loving, nor kind - please don't pray for me, if you've got the time to kill go help some homeless on my behalf.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilIuminati
whoever wrote this is going ti hell simple as that. god is the alpha and the omega no need for scientific proof. just have something called faith

You're right. I guess you had better get off your computer since it was created using science; likewise you should never go to a doctor since they study biology and other sciences, or step onto a plane, or use an automobile, or any of the other comforts and advances that modern society functions on -- they are all tools of Satan; oh what heathens we are!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Science da*n it!

www.xepisodes.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcflux
Science da*n it!

www.xepisodes.com...

I got a notice that my P.C had blocked access to a malicious site when i clicked on the link you provided.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest
reply to post by oozyism

This has nothing to do with atheism vs. theists. Even if the universe has a beginning and and end, God is proposed by most theists to have been around forever. Therefore both theists and atheists believe in things with no beginning or end even if they subscribe to this theory.

That said, the idea the the universe did not have a beginning is not worthy of consideration since you'd first have to explain how we got through infinity number of years in order to arrive at the present date. There is no such thing as infinity. It was invented by confused mathematics experts who couldn't solve a problem so decided to use a pretend answer to make them self feel better.

There is simply no reasonable explanation for infinity using either logic OR even emotion.

Infinite has been proven in the language Universe was written on (mathematics).

You tell me, does numbers end? Interesting question isn't it?

It doesn't start from Zero either. If you take in to consideration negative numbers which starts before 0.

But hey, I'm not a scientist, but I can see from numbers how they came to the conclusion of infinite.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have yet to see any fact or even theory that wold dispell the possibility of a "god" factor.

Cool theory nonetheless! Flag for that!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join