It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dirty Story Of Bottled Water

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
storyofstuff.org...
Have any of you wonder the dirty truth behind bottled water? This video explains how bottle water is not as good tap water, How companies demand money for selling water and where your recycles go to in the world. I wanted to share this with ATS members to know the dirty truth behind bottled water.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
great find. bottled water is crazy: you have it coming from the tap,
and you buy it for the second time in the shops. if it doesn't tastes good, a couple of dollars buy you a filter.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mutante

What I find funny in this video is this why I favor capitalism. If you want to stop bottle water from being sold then don't buy it and if you want a particular item you buy it a bunch. The Market is the greatest Invention of all time.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Great watch..

I'm definitely keeping my refillable water bottle handy. Share this stuff on your facebook or whatever "social"media you guys use. Even though I know facebook...as well as our internet as a whole is keeping tabs on us, but we can still use it to try and wake up the sheep.

Ugh I hate knowing I'm controlled...haha

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I grow my own it's a lot cheaper

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
My husband used to work in Dondo in Angola. Now though the Kwanza river is big, it is dirty.
People were bathing and washing there clothes in the river. Pipes pumping water to the breweries and a water bottleling plant was right there!
I'm sure upriver were many more villages. The water in the taps are not safe, but they clean that dirty river water and bottle it and call it spring water!

In Johannesburg we have very clean tapwater, but down the street from me, there's a place that bottles water. Do you think that the label will say, tap water or maybe borehole water from Johannesburg?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
In about 1998, Toronto water tasted dreadful, like mold, then that moved further east to where I lived, and just before I moved out West the moldy taste had entered my system, so I began on bottled water and never stopped.

The other day I needed water in a hurry for a pill (still out West) I was taking and found that the tap water here tasted fine, so even though I paid 5 cents per bottle, I have 12 bottles and will fill them with tap water, refrigerate them, and voilá, a bottle to drink from.

Thanks for the info!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by canadiansenior70]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Well excuse me but i will rather have drinking Bottled Water then from the tap, its alot safer then sorry.

Did you know durning a crisis or a warszone governments usually shut off all water supplies to its people in order to protect themselves, so normal people have to drink bottled water.

I have been drinking bottled water so far, i have and had no health problems because of the bottled waters.

Well stated canadiansenior70.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

did you watch the video? American tap water is safe. 3rd world countries tap water is very bad though.

Well that is interesting. I say though we should limit bottle water still. Because we can reuse the same bottle over and over.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Beware of fluorides in tab water all over the world!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I know people who refuse to drink tap water because it is now Flouridated, so they buy bottled water.... even though it is also Flouridated. Go figure

I try to talk with them about the toxic nature of the PET plastic bottles their water comes in.. but it's too late.. they made their decisions and no amount of info can help turn that around. Again, go figure

I've seen many water bottling plants in Industrial Estates far from any waterways. No Mineral Water delivery trucks arrive, so the water used must be coming from the tap supply. Weird huh?

Bottled water is a huge con job, and so many have been suckered into it. Oh well, you can lead a person to filtered tap water but you can't make them drink it.

The funniest thing to me is I've taken bottled water-people into the mountains and showed them how to drink from a clear stream.. but, they won't even try it, instead they pull out their trusty toxic plastic bottle and have a swig. And they call me crazy

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

say what again?

American tap water is safe.

Not in a million years.

tell you what, go buy a microscope and study the tap water to easy how really the water is safe.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

It taste just as good. How about no drinks are safe? My Aquafina says on the cover it's pure water. They must of used a massive filter.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

American tap water is safe

except for
rusty pipes and alligator mating

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

I stand corrected guys. Do you guys think people buying filters all over the world can clean out our dirty drinking water?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

True! I also hate PET Bottles and know the nasty story behind it. I am lucky to live in a country without fluorid tab water. But anyway the people here drink exacty what you say Bottled fluorided water. They are just idiots, thats all.

We have the best tab water in the world but they drink imported stuff with bacterias.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I'd like to get an air water filter

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Having been in the industry, I can tell you ...

1) 5 gallon home/office cooler bottles are nasty. The bottles are re-filled and the bottle washing process is not very good, partly because of how the standard equipment for filling these bottles works.

2) A lot of companies have bad quality controls. If I buy bottled water, I buy Dasani or Aquafina (Coke & Pepsi). They have the best and most consistent quality controls in the industry - and no, I did not work for either of them.

3) Dasani & Aquafina both use local tap water. They run it through reverse osmosis which are high pressure filters ... best described as an energy efficient distillation process (you get the same quality).

4) Unless I'm going hiking, I drink tap water. I never use a filter because the water in my area is pretty good ... and truth is, filter systems accumulate bacteria, and most people don't even think about sanitizing their filtration systems.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
If some people are so crazy about the purity of their water why not just boil all the water you will consume ? I never understood the whole point of bottled water, just something else for suckers and their money I guess.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I know people who refuse to drink tap water because it is now Flouridated

plus the prozac and other pharmaceuticals are bad too

top topics

<<   2 >>

join