It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 police officer killed, 2 wounded in Phoenix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

1 police officer killed, 2 wounded in Phoenix

news.yahoo.com

PHOENIX – A gunbattle erupted during an undercover drug operation at a south Phoenix home Wednesday night, killing one police officer and wounding two others, police said.

Two suspects died at the scene, two others are hospitalized with non life-threatening injuries and two more are detained and being questioned, said Sgt. Steve Martos, a Phoenix police spokesman.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This just got posted on Yahoo.com's front page news about 10 minutes ago.

Considering the illegal immigration bill buisness today, I wonder if this incident is going to have an impact on the entire thing.

1 officer killed, 2 wounded, and 2 suspects killed, and 2 more hospitalized. In my opinion, thats a pretty high count. Theres not much else to the story yet, and still waiting for updates.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Sad to hear the raid went bad. Should this end up linked to the drug cartels or illegals, I'm sure the AZ public will be up in arms. To top it off with the Fed striking down sections of the immigration law in AZ things could get very hot very quickly. Lets hope it was just a raid that went bad and not the otherway around.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by pstrron]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
California has been having a lot shoot outs as well. Every night if you listen very quietly you can hear gun shots. I feel sorry for the officer that passed away. We need to do something with drugs thought. There are to many crimes going on that need's to stop!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
We need to follow the Constitution. Period.

Please, show me the part of the Constitution that the government derives it's power to ban any natural substance?

As for the officers, hopefully everything was lawful and above board and God Bless all that were involved in the incident.

If this has to do with any illegal invader activity, I hope to hell the government does not go in with jackboots when the citizens call for the heads of officials. Maybe the government should start following the Constitution instead of harboring criminals like the fed and GS, involved in Empire building wars, passing unConstitutional health care and financial reform, etc etc etc.

How bout the government do its Constitutional duties and NOTHING more.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
These cops wanted to act all military, and they got a war. Sad story, but what did they expect?

Any cop who joins these drug/swat teams better realize that they are just a part of the problem. The only way to end this drug war is to legalize drugs, then all the guns & money will go away.

These cops aren't there to stop drugs, if the drugs stopped, they'd be out of a job. They are there just to act tough and play military commando.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Oh, well..............this is normal.......this stuff happens and has been happening for a long time. Of course I feel sadness for the cops where were injured and killed during this activity. They believed they were doing the right thing......I suppose..............the criminals.........sorry about your luck. No, I am not callous towsrds them, they were doing whst they do, too. But they knew this was illegal activity. Lives get lost during "revolutions".

No, they weren't being revolutionary, they were trying to earn a profit from an illegal activity. Sorry about their luck.

However, isn't it time to end this "war on drugs"? The governments aren't winning it in any way, no matter how much the police and cronies believe they are doing good. It's all a waste of wealth and lives.

Stop the war on drugs, stop a hell of a lot of violence.

Have we not learned the lessons from prohibition of alcohol? It didn't work.

It didn't stop a damn thing. Alcohol continued to flow. People got high, some got drunk.

People made a lot of money.

Think of gsmbling. Illegsl in some places. Even a friendly poker game is illegal in many places.

Some jurisdictions have realized how it can profit the governent,and be safe for grandma and grandpa.........

Tax it, regulate it, if that is what you think is necessary, but don't make it illegal!!! You only invite people to make a buck from the activity.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, behaviour from governments, to add to stupid behaviours of people who will just go ahead and do these things.

Just saying........if my mom had never beat it into my head that pot was bad, mmmmkay, would I have never tried, that which, of course, I never tried.

If Mom had procured me some of that stuff and insisted i use it in her presence, would I have ever tried it again, not saying I did that, but just saying......a mind expanding substance and I was welcome to use it in my mom's presence? Oh, hell no! She would have destroyed my hypothetical buzz. lol

There's one thing that has happpened that gives me hope for Americans. The Veteran's Adminsration has recognized that, in the 14 states that allow medical marijuana use, the VA will no longer deny veterans prescrption medicine who smoke marijuana. Is that not some sort of victory?

Some sort of sanity in a long time bout of national insanity?

I'm not speaking on behalf of ME. I'm speaking on behalf of people who find that marijuana provides them some sort of relief from problems that current medical procedures and prescriptions, fail them.........

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I would like to yell at you sir as to your comment, HOWEVER.
I have and do know the type you refer to.
Thet are good guys but a bit foreward for family life.
I wanna be seen as totally cool by my kids but a dead daddy can't help his kids.
Live like a Cowboy....
But my heart goes out to the families.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Ive done some searching for more articles and found this. This article says one officer is in life threatening condition, contrary to the first article I posted.

Article

Authorities say one of the officers was later pronounced dead at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix. One of the wounded officers is in critical condition at the same hospital while the other is in stable condition.

Another article says that the officers were working undercover.

Article 2

All three were reportedly working undercover at the time of the shooting in the area of 23rd Avenue and Southern along with at least 12 other officers.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
So I wonder if this was posted because of the 2 officers killed or because someone wanted to push their agenda?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

This is their job. What the hell?

And amen, endis. Arizona needs to band with other states and sue the freaking federal government, never mind this vice-versa stuff and trying to pass laws that stray from the Constitution and won't hold.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
my heart goes out to the people who were
killed or injured and their families.

I think there is more to this story that
has been withheld. Something sounds fishy here.
Usually, UC's are more prepared for such
as this. This had to have happened when the
UC's were at the greatest risk. These were
local cops involved. I see a conspiracy here.

I think a National alphabet soup agency ratted
the names of the UC's out to the local
drug cartels and they were set-up. Or maybe
a mole on the take in the ABC group.

A word of caution to all AZ officers. Watch your 6 !!!
I think Big Brother or derivative is ratting you guys out.
Somebody in high places is dropping dimes !!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

There are only 20 enumerated powers of the federal government.
Drug legalization is a 10th amendment issue that should be decided by each state.

I would rather not live in drug infested crime area's.
Times like these is why we should remember to appreciate LEO's more.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
More info on the incident:

www.kpho.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

So I wonder if this was posted because of the 2 officers killed or because someone wanted to push their agenda?

Either way, you seem to be the only one laughing.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by randyvs]

top topics

join