It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Answers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hey everyone! I had an idea that ATS should have an answer forum like Yahoo Answers. I think that would be a great way for users to interact by asking for advice on various issues. What are you thoughts?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Don't we already have that sort of system. Someone asks, we answer. Matter of fact, this thread is a common example.

There is a whole board at the below top secret website for general topics.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

Instead of making a thread. You can post a question for some points, people answer get about 2 points and who ever either gets the most votes or is picked by the user who asked the question get's the best answer.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Sounds cool. I think it could be very interesting.

Along the same lines, did ATS ever have an official polling feature? Polls are kinda cool too.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Kinda defeats the purpose of a conspiracy theory website don'tcha think?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeutronAvenger

Kinda defeats the purpose of a conspiracy theory website don'tcha think?

Kinda defeats the purpose of a forum at all, methinks.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Not a form. I mean a board. I think it's time to take some cough syrup. lol
2nd line.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Sounds cool. I think it could be very interesting.

Along the same lines, did ATS ever have an official polling feature? Polls are kinda cool too.

Polls are great! I used to post them on the guitar forum I used to go on all the time. So I agree with that

I must say, Romantic_Rebel, that merging the idea of a point system with things on ATS would be kind of cool. It would probably not change a thing except people would get points. There could be a half point for every flag you give. Maybe a quarter point for every star (since stars can be given much more frequently), minus five points for question asking, and plus two for answering. I don't know, that is almost exactly like yahoo (minus the addition of flags and stars). I also didn't add the option to pick a 'best answer'. This might make it so that a lot more stars and threads flagged start popping up everywhere though too.

I think it would be hit or miss with the majority of the ATS population. I don't foresee this being a highly liked or disliked thing.

ACTUALLY...this might be a good thing...add another totally positive incentive to rack up points. After you reach so many you could earn maybe ATS credits for the gear shop? That might be sweet. Then again, we already have points here. Hmm, maybe the yahoo-type points could be purely optional? I don't know...I'm putting too much thought into it.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Who said anything about forms?

Having a Yahoo Answers style system would be 90% the same as the current, except without the feature which places the highest scoring answer first. It wouldn't be a forum anymore.

Leave my cough syrup alone.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Now Fackbook even has an answer and question section!
second line.

new topics

top topics

join