It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Parts for Profit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Baby Parts for Profit

www.str.org

If you have not heard anything about this, I suggest that you sit down. If you have younger children around the radio, they don't need to hear this. You're going to have a hard time hearing what I am about to read, to think that this is possible in our country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.lifesitenews.com

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is a transcript of a radio program. Their web-site is called "Stand to Reason".org (or str.org)

"What is unthinkable yesterday is thinkable today, and ordinary and commonplace tomorrow."

I think this statement lays out the case against
the killing of innocent babies who have no voice.

It is a comparison of the Holocaust in Europe and the Holocaust in America, which killed off 1/3rd of a generation. It also shines light on a very sinister aspect of the abortionists and their ilk like Planned Parenthood, which cares nothing about women's health or well-being. The only thing they care about is maximum profits.

www.str.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well, if we're using ATS to post obviously false propaganda, I might as well try to counter it with reasoned, non-fearmongering opposition:

Actual, non-propagandized information on fetal tissue research

As the article I've linked to states, no fetal tissue, especially from Planned Parenthood, is ever sold. Women have the choice to donate the tissue for medical research, and it is an opt-in program, meaning that unless the woman checks "yes", the tissue will not go to such facilities and will instead be incinerated.

It's also interesting to note that the company targeted in this article (Opening Lines Inc.) is only ever mentioned on anti-abortion and religious right sites when you search for them. They all make reference to this glossy brochure that shows abortionists how to make money from fetal tissue, but none of them ever seem to be able to produce so much as a photo of this brochure. Why wouldn't you post this? Wouldn't it make your case that much stronger?

It's amazing what you find out when you venture outside of the religious right's propaganda mill.

Also, please note that my source has many, many cited references, so if you think Planned Parenthood has skewed what the laws state, you are more than welcome to view them in their entirety on your own. It would be nice if the OP's article would have done the same, but I suppose it's hard to lie to people if you give them the whole story.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Your PP site has a lot of false claims and propaganda also. The people who collect these parts get around the law against selling body parts by "renting out" an area of the abortion chamber, do their grisly butchering, and then "donate" the desired parts for delivery to the highest bidder.

The women don't even know what happens to their child's corpse once it's out of sight.

Fact: There have been NO treatments, cures etc from fetal cells. The only stem cells that are successful are ADULT stem cells, and now cord blood cells. When embryonic stem cells are used, they have absolutely no control over how these cells are going to grow.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY

Your PP site has a lot of false claims and propaganda also. The people who collect these parts get around the law against selling body parts by "renting out" an area of the abortion chamber, do their grisly butchering, and then "donate" the desired parts for delivery to the highest bidder.

The women don't even know what happens to their child's corpse once it's out of sight.

Do you have sources for any of this? The link I provided has plenty of sources, ranging from legal statutes to review articles. All you've posted so far is opinion and fairly blatant anti-choice propaganda.

Fact: There have been NO treatments, cures etc from fetal cells. The only stem cells that are successful are ADULT stem cells, and now cord blood cells. When embryonic stem cells are used, they have absolutely no control over how these cells are going to grow.

And, again, more blatant lies and propaganda. Scientists are absolutely able to control how embryonic cells grow, which is why the first human clinical trial of embryonic stem cells began in 2009.

Here's a good primer on embyronic versus adult stem cells. It's shocking to me how the least educated folks are often the most vocal. I suppose humans really do fear that which they don't understand.

Stem Cell Primer

[edit on 7/28/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

VneZonyDostupa.....

There truly is some ridiculous stuff posted in here. :shk:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

stemcells.nih.gov... - no uses for ecs for treatment.
The funding is drying up because people know that adult stem cells are the only viable stem cells.

www.lifeissues.org...
Again - no esc to treat anything because of their tendency to be unpredictable and grow in their own way that cannot be controlled.

www.stemcellresearch.org...

www.lifeissues.org...

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Starbug3MY]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

Meh...........sorry to be so complacent............

But, 6 years of Bush and Republicans controlling both houses of Congress, and a conservative majority in the SCOTUS, shouldn't this have all gone away?

Just saying........shouldn't there have been a strong reaction to Roe v. Wade, for example?

The train just keeps rolling along, doesn't it?

Whether this is all propaganda or not, to stir some people into a frizzy, the train keeps rolling along.

Shouldn't there have been a great economy? Shouldn't that dang religious right have taken over already? Shouldn't we all be marxists by now? Shouldn't we be living in paradise now? Everyone? Meh

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY

stemcells.nih.gov... - no uses for ecs for treatment.
The funding is drying up because people know that adult stem cells are the only viable stem cells.

Your own link (which is identical to the one I posted earlier) explains that embryonic stem cells have only been a viable source for experimentation for a short time, with the first clinical trial only having begun in 2009.

Would you prefer an untested, unsafe treatment, or a well-research, safe to use treatment? You can't have rapid results AND safe treatments in medicine, I'm afraid.

www.lifeissues.org...
Again - no esc to treat anything because of their tendency to grow in their own way that cannot be controlled.

This article, taken from a right-slanted anti-choice website (surprise surprise, they are against embryonic research) doesn't provide any sources. When it comes to embryonic studies, they cite "a study at Columbia" without providing the results or the actual study. Why do you think they didn't provide a link to the study, which would be available for public viewing on PubMed? Is it because the actual study doesn't fit the agenda of this propaganda piece?

And please, don't think I'm against adult stem cell research. I think they are a wonderful tool that will help millions of people with various conditions. They don't, however, have nearly the versatility as embryonic stem cells, which makes them unsuitable for some therapies. This is why embryonic research continues to expand.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Thank you sir for bringing a smile to my face. The good fight is being engaged on the Right to LIFE, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Starbug3MY]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry to say this, but I don't really give a damn about either sides sources. If not in this country, it happens daily on this piece of rock we call home. The right to live is the most precious thing we as a species have. For a person to be able to decide if someone lives or dies..what is that? How about this, you walk into your local fast food restaurant standing and trying to decide on what you would like to order, no big deal....now think of you being a living breathing fetus inside your mothers womb, and her standing there debating on whether to have you or not. Our society has made decisions that shouldn't even be questioned like standing in line figuring if you want a big mac or double with cheese.

Should I tell you what is right or wrong? No. Ask yourself. Are you going to go purchase a handgun at your local gun shop and walk down the street shooting at random? Is this choice being made going to have consequences? You bet it will. You don't have the right to take a life, at least that is what our courts say. Hows that for a source, you kill a person in cold blood, in most cases, your caught, tried, and sentenced to prison or possibly death row. Most people aren't willing to commit such crimes on a daily basis, those people are looked at as the worst criminals around. What's the difference. Its ok for that living breathing baby to get the coat hanger? This country, this populace we call the human race has been desensitized. Who can argue that something awful yesterday is mundane and acceptable today?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by crkking

So, what you're saying is that you are anti-freedom? You don't think a woman should have any say in what happens to her, her body, and her future? You think a child should be forced to be born to a mother who doesn't want it, probably into a broken or unstable home?

At what point does the fetus gain more rights than the mother? Does conceiving a child immediately strip rights from the mother, or is it when the fetus has a heartbeat? Really, I would like your legal opinion on where Constitutional rights are taken from the mother and given to the embryo.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
IMO this is the most disguisting thing i have ever read.

Both the idea of the topic and the propaganda involved

Disguisting and ridiculous IMO

:shk:

LittleIndianJr.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Well how about this....when do your legal rights to live end and begin? Today...tomorrow...when? So its o.k. for your parent to say...nah..not right now..I'm not ready to be a mother. I made a poor choice. There are plenty of people in this country alone who are looking to adopt children. People that cannot have them on there own. So to defend the act of abortion by saying someone has taken the rights of the mother away and now the embryo/fetus..or maybe LIVING person doesn't get the chance of life because they are going to live in an unstable home..priceless.

And as to my legal opinion..I have strictly my opinion. This site is for people to voice their opinion and to be challenged by those that disagree. Now to your question of when does the fetus gain more rights than the mother...hmmm..maybe when she decided to have sex. What can happen when to people have intercourse? It was the soon to be mothers decision to chance conceiving a living person. This argument has went on for years and will continue to go on. Am I right..are you? Its not up to either of us to say...I do agree with you on it is up to the mother to decide on what she wants to do, that doesn't mean that myself personally agrees with it and again..I am voicing my opinion like so many others on this website. A Mother will be held accountable in one way or the other for her decision to end a life. When anyone takes a life they are held accountable....that is my point.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by crkking
Well how about this....when do your legal rights to live end and begin? Today...tomorrow...when? So its o.k. for your parent to say...nah..not right now..I'm not ready to be a mother. I made a poor choice. There are plenty of people in this country alone who are looking to adopt children. People that cannot have them on there own. So to defend the act of abortion by saying someone has taken the rights of the mother away and now the embryo/fetus..or maybe LIVING person doesn't get the chance of life because they are going to live in an unstable home..priceless.

The difference being, a child ex utero doesn't depend on the mother for life. It can just as easily be cared for by the parent or taken into custody by the state. A fetus, however, is inherently dependent on the mother and is not capable of independent life. As it is not capable of indepedent life, it is not classified a separate entity. I, personally, find late term abortion distasteful unless it it a medical necessity to prevent harm or death to the mother, but I also am not going to tell a person what they can or can't do to their own bod (which a fetus is considered until capable of independent life).

And as to my legal opinion..I have strictly my opinion. This site is for people to voice their opinion and to be challenged by those that disagree. Now to your question of when does the fetus gain more rights than the mother...hmmm..maybe when she decided to have sex. What can happen when to people have intercourse? It was the soon to be mothers decision to chance conceiving a living person. This argument has went on for years and will continue to go on. Am I right..are you? Its not up to either of us to say...I do agree with you on it is up to the mother to decide on what she wants to do, that doesn't mean that myself personally agrees with it and again..I am voicing my opinion like so many others on this website. A Mother will be held accountable in one way or the other for her decision to end a life. When anyone takes a life they are held accountable....that is my point.

Well, I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. I prefer the non-sexist view of seeing my own sex as more than a receptacle to contain a life, you prefer to subjugate women to a backseat role meant to carry your seed.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

The way that i see it, that's what we are are here to do. What ever any one persons beliefs are, we are here to carry on. So the human race decides to stop conceiving and whats left? The world will go on without us. A women should never be depicted as merely a vessel and I never have nor will put a women as less important or backseated as you put it to men. She holds the most precious ability to gift the world, the ability to give us children, this worlds most valuable treasure. My wife and my children are the most important people that I have had the honor of being with. Without the women and the children of the world what do we have? Not tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

join