It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Hoaxers Caught Making Crop Circle 7/28/10

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Novel
Reply to post by spookfish

You do realize the whole documented radiation thing is a howx right? I'd site the sources, but I'm on my phone and some people will never learn or understand.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

erhumm...

excuse you!! I think you'd better read my post again. I don't need people like you on our side disclaiming these circles as man made. Why not? Because I can categorically do that for myself.

Read my posts again

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by np6888

???

...it's impossible to make a pattern, if you cannot see it overhead?

Errr....the ancient Egyptians managed to....

hahaha that line made me double take as well. It has to be the most ludicrous sentance on this site this week, and this week there has been some pretty stiff competition.

The eygptians may have done it but the guy who layed my patio last week says he can make a pattern without a helicopter too.

sometimes I despair at the lack of rationality on this site. The educational system is surely succeeding at dumbing everyone down.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
For everyone asking for proof that men can make these I say no. It's the other way round the burden of proof is on you. Show us that man cannot make these.

After a good few years of following crop circles a certain approach often emerges. It goes along the lines of:-

I used to be a believer, then I did the research and realised how easy most of these earlier circles were to recreate. I even went to a few in real life. After years of believing followed by years of wanting to believe, I came to the sad conclusion that they are all or nearly all man made. After that I didn't need to do anymore research. And because I knew the truth that was all that mattered to me. I wasn't in the game of educating anyone. But then I joined ATS and when you're paradigm shifts you realise it's good to have a desire to attempt to steer people away from nutty crazy fantasies once in a while. However, do I care enough to go looking for supporting evidence to back up my claim? No I don't care enough to put any kind of effort into a debunk of crop circles. Any sane and sufficiently researched individual will come to the right conclusion. I just figure that every once in a while I should at least make some pretence of pushing someone in the right direction.

Or is that just me?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Unity_99

And it's ok for non-humans to destroy mere humans' property without permission?

Sometimes the answer could be yes.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

No, it's not just you. It's like discovering that there is no Santa Claus and telling the other kids that instead of some fat guy in a red suit travelling at impossible speeds to put presents under your tree on Christmas Eve that it's really your parents doing it after you go to bed. But they still stubbornly believe in the less likely scenario because mundane realistic explanations are not exciting enough for them.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What some of you are saying is you could not make a crop circle in one night. That does not mean there are not thousands of people who can.

These designs people call complex are not even complex. Some need to learn the language and the meaning of words. These are all simple geometrical shapes easy to reproduce with simple devices.

The only real crop circles are the ones that come from dust devils I've seen hundreds of times in fields growing up around farms. That is where this all started, with those perfect circles in the fields. Probably where the first hoaxer got the idea.

These are same people as those who do graffiti on walls, only they have figured out how to make money from it. The farmer makes money. The creator makes money selling merchandise, flying people over them, taking believers on tours of them and the worst of the lot, those who say they are real, defraud believers by selling them books and tapes.

People deserve what they get and I don't even fault these farmers and the artists for capitalizing on this. The believers get entertainment which has value and the others make a buck or two. I used to get angry at the profiteers until I realized the victims, want to be victims. It's like those who go to see the Matrix over and over again that think its real. Victim mentality all of the way.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Faiol

Wait!
The ETs are using human slaves to create crop circles.
Yeah, that's the ticket!

Coh... You ninny, what do you think they're putting implants in people for! To control them when making crop circles.

Personally, I wanna see pictures to see if this looks like the run of the mill 'home grown' crop circle, or if it's one of those funky ones that are very intricate.

If it's the former, then I would have to conclude the aliens have been implanting C2H5OH into humans again and letting them loose in the paddocks.

If it's the latter, then... Fancy that !!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Hoaxers?

Unless the artists actually claim that their work is not manmade they are not hoaxers. They're just doing what they do.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by Phage]

Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on here.Why on earth has this post got so many stars.I mean really, does phage have a fan club.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Come on! Who cares! OMG THEY ARE HOAX1NG US!! BURN THEM ALiVE. Criminal behaviour! Property damage!!
Meanwhile you eat a hamburger that was raised in ravaged rainforest. *clapclap*

[edit on 29-7-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle

If people truly are making all of these crop circles, they are not a bunch of drunks with boards, this is a major operation.

These Crop circles found a week or two ago

I'm still not convinced that all of these are made by people, most are probably, but there are a few that just cannot be done within 4 to 5 hours. Its also been documented that higher levels of radiation have been found in some of these complex crop circles.

Where are these documents supporting extra radiation levels in a circle.....its a myth mate , put about to enforce the ET landed here brigade , ooh those swirls are from its anti grav engines....There is no evidence of extra radiation ......

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhistpunk

Hoaxers?

Unless the artists actually claim that their work is not manmade they are not hoaxers. They're just doing what they do.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by Phage]

Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on here.Why on earth has this post got so many stars.I mean really, does phage have a fan club.

Phage didnt start the post , it is so popular because these folk were caught red handed ,whilst a discussion was ongoing here (ats)about "how no one has ever been caught making a circle" www.abovetopsecret.com...
chadwickus identified a time scale and location of new circles based on a convention being held were tickets were sold in advance....go figure?

[edit on 29-7-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
After reading the events of the last 24 hours I feel this is a sad day for the CC phenomena and all connected with it. Despite the seemingly lack of evidence to the actual crime apart from a few FB postings we are left with the same old arguments and counter arguments whether ALL these formations are still manmade or not.

None believers will shout “told you so” and may feel vindicated until the next formation appears. However I feel we should all step back a little in the knowledge that there is still an abundance of detailed photos, videos, scientific studies and associated governmental departments connected to this for it to be just a few people with planks who may or may not have been caught making a formation.

Given the evidence I have seen and witnessed personally there is a phenomenon out there which is not manmade and is being denied its true existence to a wider audience.

Likewise I would be amazed if I was told there was no manmade ones....

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ottozia

"However I feel we should all step back a little in the knowledge that there is still an abundance of detailed photos, videos, scientific studies and associated governmental departments connected to this"..
...ottozia ...

where is the evidence of this abundance of scientific studies?

Well ,I think the opposite , that all the advanced looking ones ARE man made , and it is the simpler looking ones which are not.The ones caused perhaps by dust devils , strange natural phenomena etc , these do seem to be made quickly,,whereas the advanced ones take hours...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

There is quite a bit of research regarding the CC phenomena...whether you believe it or not.

The best overview of the research is written here:

Crop Circle Secrets

For those that are interested.

And more research can be found here.

BLT Research

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
reply to post by gambon

There is quite a bit of research regarding the CC phenomena...whether you believe it or not.

The best overview of the research is written here:

Crop Circle Secrets

For those that are interested.

And more research can be found here.

BLT Research

Sorry but both quote madedup science and unproovable experiments and samples .I am more intrested in the governmental and Science academia who whose studies were mentioned , Where is the radiological data?

I remember that 80s research coming out , in the 80s,then being debunked soon after when radiation detectors were sent to check , with people who could use them , and journalists etc with the same , I also rember a guy with an 80s walkman saying , when he went "into" thecircle the noise changed etc etc ,in the headphones , proof of radiation, he said.

Radiation was a BIG del in the 80s , could have been russians , so it was checked well.

Looking back in retrospect is it a possibility that the original simple sites if not natural ,were early GM testing sites or something similar?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

More sad news coming in. Thieves are now breaking into peoples cars. Can you please look out for ' A black PATENT leather bag which has just been stolen from a car parked at East Field

I wonder if those are aliens breaking into cars

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

I appreciate the desire to have more scientific proof and studies.

But I don't think it's fair to discredit all the researchers involved with these studies.

"These scientists were carefully chosen, not only for their specific expertise, but because they were unaware of the phenomenon, thus ruling out any potential assertions by skeptics of "experimenter bias."

~ Dr. Reynolds, a Dartmouth mineralogist and recognized authority on clay minerals and the XRD technique whom we asked to review our study stated, we are apparently dealing with an energy currently unknown to science.

~ In 1999, British investigator Ronald Ashby examined the glaze through optical and scanning electron microscopes. He determined that intense heat had been involved -- iron melts at about 2,700 degrees Fahrenheit -- administered in millisecond bursts. "After exhaustive inquiry, there is no mundane explanation for the glaze" he concluded.

~ Some formations, however, contain cubes and straight lines. Astrophysicist Bernard Haisch, of the California Institute for Physics and Astrophysics, says that such "highly organized, intelligent patterns are not something that could be created by a force of nature."

~ Mineralogist Sampath Iyengar, of the Technology of Materials Laboratory, in California, examined specific heat-sensitive clay minerals in these soils, using X-ray diffraction and a scanning electron microscope. He discovered an increase in the degree of crystallinity (the ordering of atoms) in the circle minerals, which statistician Ravi Raghavan determined was statistically significant at the 95 percent level of confidence.

~ Understanding the possible ramifications of these findings, Talbott sought the expertise of an emeritus professor of geology and mineralogy at Dartmouth College, Robert C. Reynolds Jr., who is former president of the Clay Minerals Society. He is regarded by his colleagues as the "best-known expert in the world" on X-ray diffraction analysis of clay minerals.

~ Meteorologist James W. Deardorff, professor emeritus at the College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences at Oregon State University, and previously a senior scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, states in a 2001 Physiologia Plantarum commentary that the variety, complexity and artistry of crop circles "represent the work of intelligence," and not a plasma vortex. "That is why the hoax hypothesis has been popularly advocated," he says.

Source

Are we to discredit the views of all the researchers involved?

Mod Edit: Added external tags to external quotes. Please use small snippets of external sources.]

Please read:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2010/7/31 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
Come on! Who cares! OMG THEY ARE HOAX1NG US!! BURN THEM ALiVE. Criminal behaviour! Property damage!!
Meanwhile you eat a hamburger that was raised in ravaged rainforest. *clapclap*

[edit on 29-7-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

Personally, I've never had a rainforest hamburger.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Kinda good to clear the man-made crop circles out of the picture so the real aliens have more fields to work with.

On the other hand, if crop circles seem to come to an end this year, we know who's to blame.

Let's wait and see...ok?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

When I made the post, I assumed that the crop would be as tall as people, and thus cannot be blindly carved out. However, if they used something like a string and wood in the middle, then yes, I suppose they can. You don't seriously think that without a point of reference, people could carve out any kind of pattern, do you?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join