It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about search function

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I am accustomed to bookmarking most threads because the search feature seems crippled.

Recently I read a Larry Hagman thread in which he'd suggested all pols use acid.

I entered larry hagman acid. Then larry hagman politicians acid

Neither showed a match.

I would think 'hagman' would suffice. Must one remember the thread title verbatim? I have tried searching with what I thought was the exact title of some threads, and no matches come up.

Maybe google has the hagman thread???

Does the search result (no matches) mean the thread was pulled?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I've tried using the search function several times and finally gave up. It seems to bring up the oldest threads from years ago and threads that don't have anything to do with my keywords.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Finding a thread is like finding a needle in a hay stack on this website.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Use google search with ATS.com as the only site google searches, it is the best way I have found.

As for the search function here, I have found that using only two keywords is the trick. Anymore just messes up the search for some reason.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
There have been many many times that I have looked for a thread here and remembered most of the title, yet get either unrelated threads or threads from 6-7 years ago.
And in searching to see if something has already been posted about, I have the same luck. It usually misses the threads already made and then my post gets that Mod note that "thread is closed , please post in this one started earlier..."
The google tip, instead of using ATS's search sounds like an idea that I will use from now on. Unless the "new" ATS's search will be better.
But we've been waiting four or more months since that was announced....so.....bah.

top topics

join