It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Has All the Gulf Oil Gone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by justadood

. The article said that the oil would do the most damage at the bottom of the ocean and then turned around on the next sentence and said but thats not where it is though.

Right. It says its not on the bottom, but suspended in the water column.

so whats the apparent dissonance>?

you claimed he said 'everything's fine' .

he didnt.

you attacked a straw man.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I love your Kitty! Looks like he is listening to one of my darker plans for the NWO and the yes, bastretards running the global oil cartels...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

My bad. It was a little sarcasm. I have a problem with thinking people use common sense, but It seems that i am wrong on occasion. I apologize strawman.

MOTF!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
And what of the many leaks that were reported coming from the seabed? That oil is still coming out and going somewhere.

It IS strange that the millions and millions of gallons have just gone, vanished, disappeared. I reckon BP or the Govenrment have done a deal with some alien race to do a clean-up operation.
"Get me out of this huge oil disaster hole" scenario.
Clean-up in return for what??? We wait to see what we have all been sold out for.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

But not to worry a "federal scientist" says its ok.

That phrase really stuck out to me, too. Just what the heck is a "Federal Scientist" and who do they owe their allegiance to? How is one qualified as a "federal scientist"? What professional associations does a federal scientist have? How does a "federal scientist" differ from a "non-federal scientist"? Does it depend on who is signing the check and who will say what they are told?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Just look at any photos of the Valdez coastline, and you will see what an oil spill actually looks like. I love it how everyone is saying that the disperssants have put ALL of the oil on the bottom of the ocean..bs. This oil spill was fiction from the beginning...just a way for Halliburton to make millions off a fake clean up, and clear the way for the HUGE natural gas deposits they hold rights to in the US.

False Flag from the start- and now that it seems the people calling this spill 'Fake' are correct, and no oil is showing up on the shores (or anywhere else) the claim is that it is all below the surface...BTW BP will be fined, per barrel, based on the flow rate of oil coming from leak, not an estimate of what shows up on surface or shore...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jambatrumpet

What are you? The petrolized equivalent of a holocaust denier? Were you there? I'm sure you're going to upset those that did experience these events themselves, even if the timeline was shifted in order to erase it from history. They still remember the destruction.

I suppose something here is quite analagous to Chanukah.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The Fisherman of the Gulf have not stopped fishing because of oil deposits they are witnessing.. they are not fishing because the Government has shut down their access to the ocean...big difference...With the millions gallons of oil spewed into the Gulf, the shores should have been covered by now. Yes, I could be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time),,,But there is something very 'fishy' about the amount of oil showing up..

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

"This many gallons of oil seep from the floor of the Gulf of Mexico every day,"

Huh?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Looks can be very deceiving. Just because water appears clean and clear doesn't mean it's always of good quality. Yes salt water is tough stuff but there is a crucial balance that must be maintained. I guess it depends on what's more important healthy fish in the ocean or clean real estate on land. Do we want marine life to merely survive or flourish?

Imo right now the most important thing for TPTB is getting the Gulf's tourist season back on track. As long as they can pretty things up in time to save area businesses/property values nothing else matters.

Anyone who has kept an aquarium is aware of a whole host of fish diseases. Many times the culprit is the water quality itself. Poor water quality weakens populations leaving them vulnerable to diseases they could otherwise fight off. Some fish can live for a long time with diseases/parasites but I wouldn't want to eat them. Maybe microbes are consuming the oil but their numbers would increase depleting oxygen levels for everything else. Clean looking water means squat.

edit for spelling
[edit on 7-29-2010 by Morningglory]

[edit on 7-29-2010 by Morningglory]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

To the question posted for the thread: Where has all the oil gone?

There has been a large Eddie along with other smaller ones, for at least 2 weeks now, between the Gulf stream and the spill area.

IMO ONLY- it is in the Eddie for now. Corexit submerged it in to the water tables and I would think the large Eddie would hold it and possibly keep it from surfacing.

But it seems the Eddie is dissolving or loosing strength. I have put a link to an animated map.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join