It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNICEF promoting prostitution to kids in El Salvador

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Stuff like this makes me sick.

UNICEF, the UN organization that claims to be looking out for the well-being of children in third world nations, is spending their money to promote free love, prostitution and homosexuality to the children of El Salvador.

If you thought UNICEF was a good thing, think again

Salvadoran columnist Julia Regina de Cardenal has denounced UNICEF for sponsoring a television program that promotes unethical behavior and promiscuity to children.

“Why are international organizations obsessed with investing such sums of money to pervert our children?” she asked in a column for the Salvadoran daily, Hoy. As an example, Cardenal pointed to the money spent on advertising during a television program that “promotes promiscuity, prostitution as a way of earning a living for young women, homosexuality and all forms of sexual disorder.”

“The grim message to teens is that sex is a game that must be experienced in the search for pleasure, without any concern for the consequences of physical, psychological, mental, spiritual, social and cultural health,” she warned.

El Salvador is going through “a frightening and unbearable crisis of violence, terrorism and brutality never before seen,” Cardenal continued. For this reason it is crazy and unacceptable that UNICEF -- which claims to protect children -- is sponsoring a program that is so damaging to society, the family and the dignity of the person.”

Read more: California Catholic Daily

The article points out that requests financial assistance from foundations for things that would really help the kids in that country; in the areas of heath, nutrition, security and education go ignored by UNICEF.

Here's a link to the original article for those who can read Spanish: El Salvadore.com

[edit on 7/28/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Now, I don't speak or read Spanish, but something tells me this is all about condoms, and safe sex.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PresumedInnocent
Now, I don't speak or read Spanish, but something tells me this is all about condoms, and safe sex.

Even if it IS about safe sex, I would rather see that money go to things like heath, nutrition, security and education.

What good is safe sex when you don't have food or shelter? Those folks need to get their priorities strait.

In the mean time, I'm content to wait for someone who reads Spanish to come along and interpret the original article for us.

Where are those migrant workers when you need them?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You know, this being the internet and all, is there a reason the original article couldn't provide a link to a document, webpage, or video that shows an example of how UNICEF is promoting "prostitution"?

Otherwise this seems like one person's spin on what would otherwise be a well meaning PSA to get kids to protect themselves from diseases so that one day they can be healthy enough to have a family of their own, and not end up rotting away from some STD.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by PresumedInnocent

Even if it IS about safe sex, I would rather see that money go to things like heath, nutrition, security and education.

What good is safe sex when you don't have food or shelter? Those folks need to get their priorities strait.

In the mean time, I'm content to wait for someone who reads Spanish to come along and interpret the original article for us.

Where are those migrant workers when you need them?

Safe Sex is an important step to fighting poverty, people being more educated on sex will probably have less kids, therefore less mouths to feed, etc. Not to mention the horrible STDs that rise up in poverty stricken nations due to poor sanitation.

Oh, and i'm pretty sure UNICEF is also working on food and shelter for people, their focus probably isn't safe sex.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Here's the translated article.

A few days ago I realized that channel 33 is from the "Sixth Sense", in the morning hours, accessible to children of all ages. Such emission, produced in Nicaragua, promotes promiscuity, prostitution as a way to make a girls life, homosexuality and all kinds of sexual disorders.
In addition, minor cheats giving a false sense of protection from transmission of sexually transmitted diseases and unexpected pregnancies, to promote all methods of birth control and barrier. The ominous message to teens that sex is a fun game, which is looking to experience pleasure, no matter the consequences to their physical, psychological, mental, spiritual, familial, social, cultural, etc.

Also drove through the streets of San Salvador, you can see a lot of advertising panels with advertising this TV show, sponsored by Unicef, with the message to our youth: "It's your life, be daring." Why? "" Your life "means" your "parents can not get into? These ads can also see the girls' hands with the fingers simulating an "L". Is it a message promoting "the L word" to lesbianism? Each MUPI has a cost of $ 250.00. What is the obsession with international agencies to invest such sums of money to pervert our children?

Our country is experiencing a terrifying, excruciating crisis of violence, terrorism and brutality never before seen. We know that everything begins with the loss of moral values, family disintegration and permissiveness in youth. Therefore it is unreasonable and unacceptable for Unicef - supposedly protectors of children - is sponsoring a broadcast of this type as harmful to society, family and the dignity of each person.

How is it possible that Unicef does not see the real needs of Salvadoran children? Do not you see the hospitals full of children with severe respiratory, digestive, malnourished, with dengue and without medicine? What education is poor in the country? What is being abused, abducted, abandoned, killed? Why not, instead of sponsoring harmful programs, focus on helping to solve these pressing problems?

Already Population Research Institute, Human Life International and other organizations have repeatedly denounced anti-life and anti-family activities of UNICEF in Latin America.

Yes to Life Foundation proposed a project to promote national moral values, but we never had an answer. You just have money to promote anti-values? That is the most destructive they can do.

And what happens with the Ministry of Interior, allowing this kind of perversion of children's television?

I also have learned that the sets of cartoons on the Internet, which appear harmless but are very dangerous for children. They can create their own avatar type figurines, the can undress and make them do whatever they want, according to the imagination of everyone.

Currently, there are so many threats against children, morality, family and decency, it seems that we are living a nightmare. It is the responsibility of all parents put a stop to this barrage against our rights as first, main and irreplaceable educators of our children against the right to protect their innocence against our faith and cultural identity.

A good start might be to send letters or pick up the phone and call channel 33, 2559 3333, the Ministry of the Interior 2527 7161 or the rector of the Technological University 2275 8888, who I imagine will not realize the type of program you are happening, and ask them to remove them.

Yes to Life Foundation also offers a course for parents who want to protect and monitor their children from the dangers of the Internet. For more information call 1 932 2 288.

* Columnist for El Diario de Hoy.

Yup, all about safe sex and preventing STD's.

Apparently educating children is destructive...

~Keeper

[edit on 7/28/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Another viral load of crap. And I just had to look...to make sure.

Wow...how quickly this went from child prostitution to (horrors) safe sex (horrors anyway).

This kind of exaggerated, sensationlist nonsense, not the internet, is what is rotting people's brains. Assuming of course there are brains there to begin with. Just stop and THINK once in a while.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Another viral load of crap. And I just had to look...to make sure.

Wow...how quickly this went from child prostitution to (horrors) safe sex (horrors anyway).

This kind of exaggerated, sensationlist nonsense, not the internet, is what is rotting people's brains. Assuming of course there are brains there to begin with. Just stop and THINK once in a while.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by ~Lucidity]

Amen, I'm tired of clicking sensationlist headlines on ATS then finding out it really has nothing to do with the title.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
There are some accusations in the article. But no proof of anything.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

top topics

join