It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosives set off in Kentucky neighborhood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Explosives set off in Kentucky neighborhood

www.wkyt.com

When you hear the term improvised explosive device you might think of a battlefield, not your own backyard, but police in one eastern Kentucky town took four people into custody Wednesday that they say are responsible for detonating several IEDs throughout the area.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Although this story is nothing new, and the actions of the people involved are nothing new, what's interesting most to me is that the police called the explosives IEDs. The devices, whatever they are, may very well fit a general definition of IEDs. Anything that is homemade and explodes in an IED. The fact that the police are now using military terms to describe what could be homemade firecrackers shows to me a contempt for the general population, as well, it further validates the consensus that police are increasing their use of federal level fear tactics on the population.

www.wkyt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with them being called IEDs. That's what these are Improvised Explosive Devices. Battlefield or backyard, its all the same if someone loses an eye or a finger or a life. I recently was warned about a new "device" and it can be scary to think that it can be left laying around until some innocent child or clean-up person picks it up. Makes me think twice when I see litter laying around because when I use public parks I pick up stray litter and put it in the garbage can.

join