It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resolution Green-Lighting Israeli Strikes on Iran Introduced by House Republicans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Stop derailing my thread everyone....

If you want me to post alternate sources, I will.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

I already posted to the actual bill directly..not via ANY news source..and still some posters continued posting about Huffpost.

I think you will find Derailment is the tactic of choice when faced with factual evidence that is unpleasant to thier worldview.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

I already posted to the actual bill directly..not via ANY news source..

So did I.. In the OP post lol

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by unruly1
Not good news at all. Strangely enough this post was from a Canadian .....like me.

Question for my US friends? Do you not know whats going on in your own backyard anymore? Seems to me the "We the People" is not happening stateside.

What is there to know? A party trying regain congress by claiming the other side is weak on Iran and anti Israel has put forward a bill that will not pass and even if it did effects nothing so they can use it in campaign ads. The U.S. could bomb Iran right now with or without Israel if it wished. The U.S. however has no intrest in this. I know reality is not as fun as WW3, NWO, and invading Iran but, it is what it is.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The sooner we realize that war is about the interests of big business and geo politics, and DOES NOTHING for the sake of the common man, the sooner we will stop supporting this crap, and even begin to visually protest it. The US currently spends about 1/3 of the combined entire world's expenses on defense.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Any attack to Iran Will End up of US Empire in Our Time...

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Prof. Twister]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by quest4info

lts not started yet. thats why we are in Pakistan. lts a moslem country that has nuclear weapons so the US has to take them over in case they side with lran. The other threat to the west is North Korea for the same reason. that is why the false flag was produced and those poor sailors died. l think its called collateral damage, or expendable, something like that. Peace Star.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is kind of a smart move, Many don't trust Obama. If Obama signs this then they will at least have some assurance that Israel wont be hung out to dry when and if they do attack Iran.

Green-light, maybe but Iran has been killing our people for a very long time not to mention thumbing its nose at us while they do everything in their power to take Iraq for their own.

If we leave Iraq now and don't make sure the nut bags are removed from power in Iran, Iran will take Iraq and then invade Israel anyway. The Shias run Iraq now as it is and have been sending death squads around the country at will to root out the Sunis.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

This new war will not make US safer and it will not make the world safer. It will make things much worse for everyone. In fact it will get America bogged down in another third world country for decades. It will cost US hundreds of billions and US will still be in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Just what the Republicans and the war profiteers want.
This plan is being pushed by all the companies now making money on the war in Iraq – the war profiteers and their friends in congress...
So this war will end up US Empire...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
This is kind of a smart move, Many don't trust Obama. If Obama signs this then they will at least have some assurance that Israel wont be hung out to dry when and if they do attack Iran.

Green-light, maybe but Iran has been killing our people for a very long time not to mention thumbing its nose at us while they do everything in their power to take Iraq for their own.

If we leave Iraq now and don't make sure the nut bags are removed from power in Iran, Iran will take Iraq and then invade Israel anyway. The Shias run Iraq now as it is and have been sending death squads around the country at will to root out the Sunis.

Would you please explain what you mean by "has been killing our people for a very long time"? Who is "our people" and what are your sources for them being killed? Finally, what evidence have you to support the idea that Iran would militarily invade Israel? The much-vaunted "wipe them off the map" remark was (probably deliberately) mistranslated and was referring to Israel's powers that be, not her people.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by JohnnyElohim]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
For decades the US has wanted to control Arab and Muslim oil and make big profits for military and other well-connected contractors.
Israel and its powerful American lobbies and leaders want to crush any potential challenge to Israel’s possession of stolen Palestinian lands.
Tens of millions of American Christian Zionists support Israeli expansionism because they believe it will bring Armageddon and the return of Jesus.

All want to maintain a U.S.-Israel monopoly on nuclear weapons in the Middle East. There is ample evidence that to maintain this monopoly, the U.S. and Israel have discussed and even planned a dangerous war against Iran, and probably its ally Syria, that could kill millions of Muslims, Arabs, Israelis and even Americans.

Barack Obama said during his inauguration speech that he wanted to repair relationships with Muslims (and assumedly Arabs) world wide. At that time th is page asked if Obama would be "one more U.S. president badgered into submission by the pro-Israel lobby - and follow a defacot Bush policy?"

It only took a few months to find out. Israeli leader "Bibi" Netanyahu and the Israel Lobby and its many many representatives in Congress quickly squashed Obama's aspirations! Obama's negotiation efforts have been half-hearted, he keeps threatening military action against Iran and pushes for punitive sanctions on Iran, despite no proof it is developing nuclear weapons.

A war against Iran could be catastrophic:
* If the U.S. does NOT use nuclear weapons in a first strike to take out nuclear facilities, it will do so in a retaliatory strike.
* Iran is only a few hundred miles from Russia. Will Russian military leaders panic at electro-magnetic pulse effects and radiation blowing their way?
* Iranian officials have made credible threats to retaliate with accurate, long range, high explosive missiles against Israel’s nuclear plant and cities, U.S. bases and troops in Iraq and U.S. ships at sea. They could deploy millions of troops and enter Iraq.
* Iran could cut off much of the world’s oil which comes through the Straight of Hormuz. Feared or actual Iranian attacks on oil facilities and any ongoing battles would drive the price of oil sky-high, devastating the world economy.
* Russia and China could retaliate by dumping the U.S. dollar for trade purposes, forcing up interest rates and prices of imported and even domestic goods; if the housing bubble burst most Americans would be impoverished.
* Russia and China have made new nuclear, trade and political alliances with Iran which ups the ante of any conflict, even if it does not go nuclear in the first few days.
* Outraged Pakistani radicals could take over its nuclear weapons and bomb Israel, unleashing Israel’s infamous “Samson Option” (as described in Seymour Hersh's book of the same name) of nuclear attacks against Arab and even European and Russian cities. When Israel nukes Moscow, Moscow nukes America.
The Us war against Iran will end up US empire.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
what we need is a pot head president who can invite all the other national leaders to chill smoke some blunts and then proceed to blow their minds by showing them videos on the internet. when they are all in a good mood and done playing playstation they can work out all of their differences over bong hits.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by star child
reply to post by quest4info

lts a moslem country that has nuclear weapons so the US has to take them over in case they side with lran.

Tonight I just realised

The by-product of enrichment, called depleted uranium or DU

It is not about Nuclear war heads, it's about DU and armour piecing, bunker busting etc. Can't let Islam get bunker busters.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hope this isnt too far off topic but just came across this page:

pov-mentarch1.blogspot.com...

Is it possible that Halliburton is a supplier of nuclear tech to Iran??? Weren't they in the middle of another large event?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
So is this resolution in any way legally binding? Because I've read all of its text, and it only appears to be expressing solidarity with Israel and their right to use force if they deem it necessary. It doesn't seem to be laying any legal or economic groundwork for an attack, transferring any technology, etc. It mentions support for continuing existing technology (particularly missile tech) transfers to Israel, but doesn't seem to make any new appropriations or anything to that effect.

It doesn't instruct congress or the military to do anything, and it doesn't enact any laws. It sounds like it's just a resolution of affirmation and support. Am I missing something? (Quite possible of course lol.)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ok, that does it, I'm invading Iran, by myself.....Geezwhiz

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
LET ME MAKE THIS SRAIGHT, there is NOT one soldier that had killed a child due to an action of fire that was not meant to be. I AM FOR AMERICA, AND THIS SO CALLED BS, I WILL NOT TOLERATE. SO, the soldiers out there, a situation is always different. I will not tolerate, a soldier being cut down for a accident. SO, when glen beck says that our soldiers are killing children, i most dissagree. I will take several military to prove his WRONG. Also, if he would look around , outside, he might think different. This is intorlarable, i will not let this go. This is sure ignorance, and our soldiers will tell him so. A 100000 STRONG. SO, We sodiers need an apology from glenn beck.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I WILL NOT, LET THIS GO.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
THAT IS TOTAL IGNORANCE, I WILL NOT LET THIS GO. Genn beck, you appolagize right NOW. A 100000 or more strong, taking children. HOW DARE YOU. I should take a few hundred to prove you wrong.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by nite owl]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
So is this resolution in any way legally binding? Because I've read all of its text, and it only appears to be expressing solidarity with Israel and their right to use force if they deem it necessary. It doesn't seem to be laying any legal or economic groundwork for an attack, transferring any technology, etc. It mentions support for continuing existing technology (particularly missile tech) transfers to Israel, but doesn't seem to make any new appropriations or anything to that effect.

It doesn't instruct congress or the military to do anything, and it doesn't enact any laws. It sounds like it's just a resolution of affirmation and support. Am I missing something? (Quite possible of course lol.)

Nope. It does nothing and allows for nothing we can not already do. Its a election year political tactic. Of course lets not let that end the freak out party.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join