It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resolution Green-Lighting Israeli Strikes on Iran Introduced by House Republicans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
Two things:

1. Republicans aren't in power, Democrats are. I know how badly you lefties want to make the less informed think differently, but the fact is Democrats hold the majority.

2. The Huffington Post is a government/Obama approved, left wing propaganda site.

Two Things:

1. The Democrats have a "majority" in congress, but as the GOP has filibustered EVERYTHING in the past 3 and half years they have clearly demonstrated that a 1 Senator majority does not constitute "control" of congress...or "power"

2. The Huffington Post might lean left, but attempts to dismiss ACTUAL LEGISLATION as untrue is desperate and dihonest.

If the Huffpost is an inadequete source for you, perhaps you will consider the actual bill before attempting to dismiss it as "propaganda":

www.govtrack.us...

The GOP is simply following the policy directive of it's partys leader..

UNLEASH ISRAEL, WIN PEACE
By Rush Limbaugh

The only way some form of quiet will ever exist in the Middle East is if Israel is given the latitude to totally defeat its declared enemies.

www.freeman.org...

[edit on 29-7-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I read this and then something clicked in my head. Its like a chess game, and all the pieces are in place.

You've got the groups off of Iran. You've got the groups down by Korea and you've got the groups down by Venezuela (or Costa Rica.. can't remember which).

So if China or NK gets antsy, we've already got assets there. If Venezuela wants to start something, we've got assets there. Iran.. we'll we've got TONS of assets there.

It's all coming together. And NO.. I do not agree with it. I think that if Congress passes this resolution, there is going to be an outcry like never before. Money for wars but can't feed the poor? This government has a blatant disregard for what the AMERICAN people want. With all that is going on, in our country and outside of it, plus the looming tax problems in 2011.. forget it. A revolution is a commin'.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
As others have stated all the pieces are in place...so what are they waiting for???

Israel seems itching to get this started and although USA is in position to help I think they are hesitant for one reason.....OIL.

Could Iran shut down the strait??
www.thecuttingedgenews.com...

Will Chavez cut off oil supplies??
www.reuters.com...

USA is definately military/navy superior, but its the economic backlash at home that is of concern.

Even Iran, although defiant, doesnt want war.
www.google.com...

Maybe if everyone just HELPED others and stopped worrying about losing the top seat, we could then move forward as we were meant to. But again nobody makes any money that way....sigh.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Big mistake...if we support Israel bombing Iran, we'll be dragged into this horrible conflict. If you're concerned about terrorists now in the United States, you'll be opening up a bees nest with Iran. A good portion of Iran's population is starting to revolt against its current government. We will lose any support from this population if we support a bombing campaign from Israel. We will never get an ever lasting peace in the middle east by force. It has to come from the citizens themselves!!! If we start killing innocent civilians who support us, we will create new enemies against the United States. Our country has to stop policing the world!! Let the people of sovereign countries decide for themselves what kind of government they want to live under. Let them settle their own conflicts weather we like the outcome or not. Iran wouldn't be a nuclear threat if we worried about our own problems in the United States and if Israel would give back the land they took from the Palestinians. I'm sick of all the saber rattling between countries. How can we sincerely think we're a civilized race when we kill our own human race to settle our differences! I'm sure if we could just strip the veil of hate and ideology from the human race we could all learn to get along on this small planet.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenIndaSun
They won't be satisfied until all Iranians look like this:

Some of those children suffer from Harlequin icythosis, a rare GENETIC disease that has nothing to do with outside factors. There are children here in the US that have this disease, one in particular has lived to the age of 18 SO FAR.
en.wikipedia.org...

I think unless there is undeniable proof that those birth defects ARE from DU, we should attribute most defects to other factors.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

So, if we go to war who will you blame? Republicans? REALLY? A democrat controlled congress and a DEmocrat controlled white house and you want to blame the minority party with no power?

Again, The HuffPo is a government endorsed propaganda operation. Obama himself hailed their praises. You're being tricked in to focusing on a boogyman and not the people who are actually pulling the strings.

Obama: Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck Fans - Check Out Huffington Post

"If you’re a fan of Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh, try reading a few columns on the Huffington Post website."

So said President Barack Obama in his commencement address to the University of Michigan 2010 graduates Saturday.

"If we choose only to expose ourselves to opinions and viewpoints that are in line with our own, studies suggest that we will become more polarized, more set in our ways," ironically said the President.

"But if we choose to actively seek out information that challenges our assumptions and our beliefs, perhaps we can begin to understand where the people who disagree with us are coming from."

Oh and look at this. A Huffington post blogger gets Helen Thomas coveted seat. I wonder why?

What is a HuffPo Blogger Doing in the Vaunted 'Helen Thomas Seat

The future of Thomas' former seat is still in question, with Fox News Channel, NPR and Bloomberg vying for the spot. It became part of the so-called "JournoList" controversy after it was revealed Michael Scherer of Time magazine, who recently won a seat on the board of directors of the White House Correspondents' Association, but was part of the anti-Fox News thread on the JournoList listserv as Politics Daily's Matt Lewis pointed out.

It's not clear if the Huffington Post is lobbying for a more prominent spot in the briefing room nor why Stein couldn't have asked from another spot in the briefing room.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
I totally agree with you, we don't need another war and we can't afford another war.

...but somehow there's always enough money for another war. Can't extend unemployment benefits, say there's not enough money to provide universal health care, but lots of dough to blow #e up. Pitiful.

The quickest way they could legally attain money for another war is to legalize MJ.

They will probably print money out of nowhere backed by gold that doesn't exist or isn't as pure.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is stupid. Even dogs are smarter than most of the people on this site. At least when they get shocked they learn not to do something again. You people get burned over and over again and you still believe the same crap. Their will be no attack on iran stemming from this bill. And none of you have the special ability to predict attacks or as many of you like to say "hear the war drums beating". Lol the president does have the power to launch strikes for a few months before congress has to pass anything. This may be a scare tactic or most likely a political game. Breathe easy again and don't worry about heading down to your bunkers lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Can anyone imagine what this site would have been like during the cold war it internet had been around?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Iran, Venezuala, North Korea won't be the ones to start anything, that is the usraels job as we have seen time and time again.
Just like Iran and Afgahistan never started anything.

The uS army runs on oil.
the CIA runs on Dope.
So they will go in and take oil where ever they can get it if cinflict starts.
As mush to have it as to deny it to any opposing countries.
Usrael also has to protect the drug supplies because withiout them their banking empire will collapse, and with it their dreams of world conquest.

Anyone still debating the laft rot paradigm at this point is simply not in the game.
They are both dancing on the same string.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Novel
Can anyone imagine what this site would have been like during the cold war it internet had been around?

lol, everyday there would be a new thread about why the world is going to end soon.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by A Novel

Sit back, relax, enjoy your beer in your apathetic way, while the rest of us do our work on your behalf.

If it had not been the mood and popular sentiment currently now by millions around the world against the Iran war, Israel and Iran would have ALREADY been wiped off the map, with you and probably thousands around the world digging graves and crying for your loved ones lost to terrorist attacks by radicals.

What's currently holding back the Administration are the PEOPLE and pushing for full diplomatic efforts to find a solution to the impasse. Even commie China is baulking at a war and had only limit their involvement to economic sanctions.

There needs to be more done, so much more if the war is to be prevented, and your help would be appreciated. You need not contribute a cent or take time out of your normal routine.

You only need to talk to your family, friends, relatives and congressperson, to discuss and debate, over dinner, lunches, golf game to create awareness and the magnitude of the war if it precedes.

Once more are aware, TPTB whom are in a minority and fears the masses awakening, will hold back. WIthout support but with the masses' awareness of their deceit, they would rather remain silent to fight another day then for confrontation with the masses.

They only seek money and profit, and will not sacrifice their worthless despicable lives for ideals, even to protect their own greed filled kind.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Attacking Iran Will End up of US Empire in Our Time...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The text of the resolution itself doesn't appear to specify any direct or specific legal, military, or economic mechanisms by which to support an Israeli strike against Iran. It merely appears to "express support" for Israel's right to use force if it deems it necessary, and "reaffirm" U.S. commitment to Israel's security.

I could be misinterpreting it, but it doesn't appear to appropriate any funding or technology transfer that isn't already in effect, or to create any legal grounds that don't already exist for Israel or the U.S. to conduct any military strike against Iran.

It sounds like some U.N. resolutions which "condemn," "express," and "reaffirm" things, without using any legally binding language.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Interesting that they pass this after Bilderberg gave green light for war on Iran, and this is the end of July.

Thanks for the bad news.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
I wont support anymore war.

Republicans (politicians)better get their heads out of their asses real soon, they have an opportunity to make their party better right now, and instead, all they are doing is continuing on the same old crap they were feeding us before.

Democrats(citizens), well, all I can say is that you better put your current administration under a microscope and figure out what the Democratic party REALLY is, because I KNOW that the democrats of today are not the Democrats that I knew 4 years ago. They are letting this administration get away with things they would HAVE NEVER let happen in the past, only because they are finally in power again.

Independants- Get out the popcorn ready, its about to be one hell of a show this November. Dont support ANY of these sides, we need to rise up in the political world because neither of the two above have done any amount of good.

This upcomming elections, vote in the Independants, they deserve the chance to at least try to make this country better. We always get pushed to the side because of partisan hacks who only have their parties intrests at hand. They wage war, they screw over the people whenever they can, and they could give a damn about the people that actually elected them in the first place. What we need is a STRONG Independant movement, that wont take crap from EITHER side.

Its time that people start deciding whats best for this country, not whats best for their party. ( I know, I know), thats like asking these politicians to not be criminals, but we have to try. This country is about to implode from all the BS these politicians are shoveling to the people, and the people
are supporting it. Judge the issues with Logic, not by devotion to a certain group. Dont support ANYMORE WAR, Support YOURSELVES and YOUR BELIEFS.

Pfft

I don't see your point in associating Democrats to the people and Republicans to politicians, as both parties are made out of corporatist politicians who only think about the interests of the ruling elite (the oligarchy they are part of). They are the two heads of the same invisible beast.

And no, voting for the independent candidate at the next elections will NOT save us from this upcoming war. If ever an independent candidate makes it to have an influence over the House, it'll be in a fairy post-apocalyptic world!

The only thing that can stop them is by creating a political tension that makes the elite uncomfortable enough to not launch their war.

You obviously still have much to learn about politics my friend. Read "The Prince" by Machiavelli, it will give you a shortcut.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
I totally agree with you, we don't need another war and we can't afford another war.

...but somehow there's always enough money for another war. Can't extend unemployment benefits, say there's not enough money to provide universal health care, but lots of dough to blow #e up. Pitiful.

They will probably print money out of nowhere backed by gold that doesn't exist or isn't as pure.

That, they've been doing it for quite a while in fact... and they did it to astronomical proportions in the past 2 years.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Oh no, these are the conservative republicans [ the worse of two evils] who the stupid American people are going to vote back in over Obama and the democrats . . . the lessor of two evils.

Of course on this Issue, Israel, the half-human [on some issues] democrats are as bad as the in-human republicans who are bad on everything.

The zionist lobby rules the US congress on all issues regarding Israel.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by inforeal]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
this is just politics people, if anything. no world war three. this is how politics play out.. they are showing their might and that they will do what it takes. its a bluff. nothing more.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

WTF are you blathering about. Did you not read my post? I linked to the actual legislation...what does the huffington post have to do with it? The bill is written by GOP Representitives?

And you keep talking about Democratic "control" of congress? Heard the word Fillibuster lately? Majority? Yes...1 senator in the senate.."Control"?..no, as the news shows with nearly every piece of legislation.

I don't need you to agree with me in politics, but I would ask you to debate facts rather than nonsense.

I don't care if Huffpost linked to the bill or if Rush Limbaugh did....it's a bill AND I LINKED TO THE ACTUAL BILL.

You are trying freaky derailment implying that since the Huffpost talked about the bill...the bill doesn't exist.

Or better yet...trying to make this debate about the Huffpost.

Stop being an idiot...read the bill and find something productive to contribute to this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join