It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resolution Green-Lighting Israeli Strikes on Iran Introduced by House Republicans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Given Israel's record of preemptive strikes in cases like these, what do they care if the US House of Representatives supports them or not?

They will go ahead with the strike anyway when they are good and ready, and won't give a damn as to whether or not they use weapons supplied by the US in order to achieve this goal.

You're exactly right, Israel doesn't care what anybody around the world thinks. If they want to do it, they will no matter what.

I can't believe the Reps are trying to put this through. I love how the writers basically added Israel's whole history into the bill to try and drum up support by playing the pity card, again.

I just emailed my rep, hopefully all of you do the same. Let them know we won't stand for this and if they vote for it, make sure they know they won't be getting re-elected. S+F OP

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

The Democrats will lose their Majority in the Congress and then the Republicans will finish the Tyranny. Hide and watch...........Hell on Earth. Perfect Storm IMHO.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Isn't The Huffington Post more of a blog place than a credible news source? Last time I checked, THP was about as reliable as The Drugde Report. Is there confirmation of this, or just this one article?

TheAssoc.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I write my congressmen weekly (I'm a disabled vet, what else am I going to do?) I'm getting to the point where my voice doesn't matter, no matter what cause I support. Our elected reps seem to vote their conscience and not in the best interest of the people... contrary to popular belief.

We (the US) don't need any more wars, we need to finish up what we have, come home and never (unless provoked... CLEARLY provoked) war again. I have lost several friends, and know even more that suffer because of our leaderships poor choice to go to war.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support the members of our military, just not the current circumstances.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
So Republicans want another preemptive war? So why should the US have the say so about a preemptive war by Israel? Strategic Cooperation Agreement between the US and Israel would mean this would be a new war for the US even if Israel starts it. So this bill would mean war.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

View the Bill here:

It seems they need some sort of legal push to authorize assisting Israel in the future attack on Iranian sites...

Even Amadinijihad stated they, USrael, will be launching an offensive within 3 weeks, see here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmmmmm....and we just had an "accident" on a Japanese oil tanker off Iran? Looks like things are shaping up to me guys...what you all think?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
But gee, where will all the soldiers work if we end all wars? End sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Oh, boy! The minority party introduces a resolution and I am supposed to be worried, why?

I believe I have an idea why. Because it could pass. Because there are members of the opposite party who would support the resolution.

Funny, isn't it? Not in a humorous way, but "funny", in a strange way.

Somehow all the wars and outlandish spendings continue.

Me thinks there's a conspiracy in all this..............

Just saying...................

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

I read one of the first articles about this incident. A crew member said he saw a flash on the horizon shortly before the explosion............and someone else chimed in about an earthquake.............

Maybe I'm just ignorant....been called that, rightfully so, but this is just sort of, well, "interesting".

Help me out here, folks, to deny ignorance!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The government (both parties) know that intelligent americans don't want war if it can be helped. Which is why they will false flag something to get it started. Of course we know republicans only care about killing people. As many as they can because they are devil worshiping satanist fasco-commie ba88888. ( i got nothing nice to say about dems neither)

Doesn't matter though because no one in power cares what any of us peons think. That's just how it is. Follow orders. Shut the hell up. Kill Kill Kill.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

111TH CONGRESS 2D SESSION H. RES. 1553

Expressing support for the State of Israel’s right to defend Israeli sovereignty, to protect the lives and safety of the Israeli people, and to use all means necessary to confront and eliminate nuclear threats posed by the Islamic Republic of Iran, including the use of military force if no other peaceful solution can be found within reasonable time to protect against such an immediate and existential threat to the State of Israel.

www.foreignpolicy.com...

These congressmen are willing to commit a war crime for Israel and should be prosecuted. “Preemptive strike” is just another phrase for “war of aggression”. The International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg considered war of aggression to be:

"essentially an evil thing...to initiate a war of aggression...is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime, differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

en.wikipedia.org...-0

For Israel-firsters it doesn't matter, that Israel hasn't signed the NNPT, possesses hundreds of nuclear warheads, stole US nuclear military secrets and later tried to sell nuclear weapons to apartheid South Africa.

Here are the names of these shameless traitors, who are willing to sacrifice young men and women on behalf of a foreign nation:

Mr. GOHMERT (for himself, Mr. AKIN, Mrs. BACHMANN, Mr. BARTLETT, Mr. BISHOP of Utah, Mrs. BLACKBURN, Mr. BONNER, Mr. BROUN of Georgia, Mr. BURTON of Indiana, Mr. CAMPBELL, Mr. CHAFFETZ, Mr. CONAWAY, Mr. CULBERSON, Ms. FALLIN, Mr. FLEMING, Mr. FRANKS of Arizona, Mr. GINGREY of Georgia, Ms. GRANGER, Mr. GRIFFITH, Mr. HENSARLING, Mr. HERGER, Mr. KING of Iowa, Mr. LAMBORN, Mr. LATTA, Mr. LOBIONDO, Mrs. LUMMIS, Mr. MARCHANT, Mr. NEUGEBAUER, Mr. PENCE, Mr. PITTS, Mr. POSEY, Mr. PRICE of Georgia, Mr. OLSON, Mr. ROONEY, Mrs. SCHMIDT, Mr. SHADEGG, Mr. SMITH of Texas, Mr. WESTMORELAND, Mr. ROSKAM, Mr. MCCOTTER, Mr. BROWN of South Carolina, Mr. RYAN of Wisconsin, Mr. MCCLINTOCK, Mr. JORDAN of Ohio, Mr. BARTON of Texas, Mr. KINGSTON, and Mr. CARTER) submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on Foreign Affairs

www.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
ITT: racists attempting to pass off their delusions as facts.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

Thanks for service Sir, I am too a Vet. Make NO mistake, If they are voting their conscience they are in need of a serious re-alignment of what conscience entails as you well know., Sir.

Regards,
Chris

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
Isn't The Huffington Post more of a blog place than a credible news source? Last time I checked, THP was about as reliable as The Drugde Report. Is there confirmation of this, or just this one article?

TheAssoc.

Not quite the same, Huffpo does have an opinion but does some pretty decent journalism and has a very active comment system on every post.

Drudge also has a political opinion and frequently links to extremely sketchy sources that he doesn't stand behind and doesn't even pretend to have any feedback on what is posted.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by candide

Fair enough, but I'm scouring Google news and all I'm finding is the source from the OP and similar blog-type articles. I'm just wondering why none of the major news outlets have picked up on this.

I just think it's probably best to confirm that this is a major event and not one of those "never really meant to fly" type of things (like the bill to reinstate the draft that comes up every year, or however often) before we all start running around in circles, screaming.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
SO TELL ME.....

why NOT SINGLE ONE OF YOU have any problems whatsoever

with iran aiding,training,selling arms THAT ARE KILLING AMERICANS and have KILLED AMERICANS IN iraq and afghanistan for years.

WHY?
WHY?

theres been ample proof of this and:

you say nothing
you do nothing

AMERICANS ARE DYING!!!!!! yeah you can sit there safe and sound in your own little worlds and piss on crap on the us military.

noones shooting at you setting off ieds. and every last one on run your mouths with no end in sight.

i dont care wether your anti war or not THE FACT REMAINS.

AMERICANS ARE DYING AND IRAN IS HELPING OTHERS TO DO IT.

how can you just sit there? how can you not be outraged

i cant believe those people even are fighting for your worthless #####

good for isreal i hope iran gets whats comming to them and needed to be given to them for a long time.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
its still kind of hard to start a big war against another country today...
that will result in the killing of thousand of innocent peoples
UN is irrelevant ... no UN leaders have the balls to say NO to the USA and Israel
(3/4 of the US congress are Pro-zionism)
UN is controlled by the USA ... US is controlled by Israel
we are DOOMED!!

so the trick is to make it that way --> (illegal to ---> legal) before any actions... making warcrimes today is little bit more complicated than in the 19-20centuries
i have smelled a war that would lead to WW3 a long time ago ..especially since 9/11 .... THAT is the proof that somebody made a evil plan ... to what depopulate the earth(NWO) ??? maybe ... but IT CANT BE FOR GOOD REASONS

we the people ...know so well of whats coming ahead .. and we cant do *beep* (except watching it on TV like its a war movie)
and makind threads about it on ATS

i think NK war will happen before Iran war for a simple strategic military reasons

[edit on 7/29/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I hope you Americans write your congressman/senate er whatever you have down there to OPPOSE this bill and show that the American people, and the world, do not want another war.

Its sadly funny that you are trying to imply that US govt. whoose foreign policy is governed by powerful Israel Lobby will give a hoot about what people think and wants. hahaha !

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Yes, how convenient that there are so many warships now that close to Venezuela and North Korea AT THE SAME TIME. and now we have about four oil/gas spill/ruptures and someone shooting rockets at a Japanese oil tanker?

Are they going to produce phony evidence that Iranian terror cells are behind it all...

False 'State', False 'Flag'... 'By deception shalt thou do war'

this is a set up to allow Israel to do a strike, Iran to fire back-- at USN ships off thier coast, sink a couple and now we have yet another Pearl Harbor... and diminished opposition to new waves of 'mandatory service' to avenge several thousand dead sailors/marines

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
SO TELL ME.....

why NOT SINGLE ONE OF YOU have any problems whatsoever

with iran aiding,training,selling arms THAT ARE KILLING AMERICANS and have KILLED AMERICANS IN iraq and afghanistan for years.

WHY?
WHY?

theres been ample proof of this and:

you say nothing
you do nothing

AMERICANS ARE DYING!!!!!! yeah you can sit there safe and sound in your own little worlds and piss on crap on the us military.

noones shooting at you setting off ieds. and every last one on run your mouths with no end in sight.

i dont care wether your anti war or not THE FACT REMAINS.

AMERICANS ARE DYING AND IRAN IS HELPING OTHERS TO DO IT.

how can you just sit there? how can you not be outraged

i cant believe those people even are fighting for your worthless #####

good for isreal i hope iran gets whats comming to them and needed to be given to them for a long time.

how much you are paid for your PR propaganda stunt ?
of course killing its bad .. i dont like seeing that happen to BOTH side
thats the difference between you and me
but the war firstly happen because of a false flag op in NYC
if you think that a group of people(the taliban) living in holes .. whould have managed to come with this huge terrorist action without beeing noticed by anyone ?? ...
Mossad and the CIA were part of this PR stunt to have the go ahead from the congress(3/4 of the USA congress are pro-mossad and zionist)

these war in afghanistan and Irak and soon Iran
civilians have all their rights to defend themself or their familly
some have rude tactiks... yes... that i dont like... but the US army tactiks are abominations themself (its like COD5 with those UAV) .. they dont defend ... the go killing everyday..if somebody approach them ...
but if a US marine is killed OHH its a warcrimes .. .. this is WAR buddy .. both side are suffering
ask yourself IS THIS WAR LEGAL ... NO
WMD(where are they?) and OIL was excuses to invade and occupate another countries
any marines that kills a civilians in Irak of afghanistan
are egual to any terrorist
murderer are murderer
but in wars also many are innocents and very good people
that are suffering on both sides
many US marine have pure souls and wants to help and have killed no one yet ... and then a irakian who lost his familly from a US bomb go kill the innocent marine ..its quite difficult to know who are killers and who are not
hope you will do reflections on that

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join