It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resolution Green-Lighting Israeli Strikes on Iran Introduced by House Republicans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Resolution Green-Lighting Israeli Strikes on Iran Introduced by House Republicans

www.huffingtonpost.com

Republicans in the House of Representatives have introduced a measure that would green-light an Israeli bombing campaign against Iran. The resolution, H.Res. 1553 (in full below), provides explicit support for military strikes against Iran, stating that Congress supports Israel's use of "all means necessary" against Iran "including the use of military force".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
View the Bill here:

It seems they need some sort of legal push to authorize assisting Israel in the future attack on Iranian sites...

Even Amadinijihad stated they, USrael, will be launching an offensive within 3 weeks, see here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope you Americans write your congressman/senate er whatever you have down there to OPPOSE this bill and show that the American people, and the world, do not want another war.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-7-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I totally agree with you, we don't need another war and we can't afford another war. But it's going to happen because one, they have moved at least 3 carrier groups in that area (some inthe gulf some right outside the gulf) along with 3 Israeli subs and some of their ships. Also earlier this year they had shipped to diego garcia those new type of Bunker bombs that can penetrate deeply. Diego Garcia is a staging ground for any attack in that neck of the woods. I think they know the attack is close at hand and they want to be seen ahead of the information once it comes out. There's another reason to have another war also, so it can make possible for the administration to make drastic cuts to our entitlements under the guise of sacrifice for the troops and also to keep our minds off of the increasing depression.

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
I totally agree with you, we don't need another war and we can't afford another war.

...but somehow there's always enough money for another war. Can't extend unemployment benefits, say there's not enough money to provide universal health care, but lots of dough to blow #e up. Pitiful.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
WTF.

IMO Start of WWIII

[edit on 29-7-2010 by cosmo740]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Noooooooooooo!

Bunch of idiots! This day just keeps getting better and better.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Am I the only one that thought it said something about Green Lightening from Israel on Iran?

I thought they had some new secret energy weapon or something.

Anywhoo, this news sucks, and it's nice to see that the Chicken Hawks are still alive and well in Washington.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Isn't there a need for a false flagge first? I mean, what do the rank and file American get out of all of this?

They will just put more fluoride in the water and mercury compounds in the shots I guess. The American public is just becoming a bunch of babosos. (drooling idiots)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
We have IRAN surrounded. We have 30000 troops in afghanistan, plus the ones that are there. Plus U.S.U.N 3 carriers and some warships and some subs in the gulf, there on ready stand by. We also have Kimmi covered, so that they don't try to help IRAN and we have venezuella covered for the same reason with the 46 warships at coasta rica over by there. Like i said, this could get REALLY UGLY. Really fast. I told my cousins not to go into the service because we are about to war with IRAN. I told them this so that they would have a choice to go or not go. I wonder if a DRAFT will be imposed and how old you would have to be not to go. This could get bad for all of us including the ones who will be in the states when it happens. This thing could set off a depression or something.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 28-7-2010 by nite owl]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Plus we just gave ourselves $33 billion more dollars for war! See?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If kimmi and venezuella get involved, oh boy look out , here we go. Since venezuella is closest to the U.S , i beleive the 46 warships sent to coasta rica will be the ones protecting the states from any missle attacks. GEEE, i hope they don't miss any stray missles.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Its called politics people. You do know we have some elections coming up yes? The Republicans want to be able to bash the Dems for being weak on Iran and for not supporting Israel. It wont pass, in fact they want it to fail to use it as a tool. The US does not need any extra bills to allow it to attack Iran if the time ever comes for that. And when I say attack I am talking about airstrikes not an invasion. An invasion is not even a possibility. No world war 3 and Venezuela has zero to do with any of it. I do not expect most of you have a stong understanding of military operations but, some of this is just silly. I think it is important to keep things like this grounded in reality so the true seriousness of what could occur is not lost.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Wow-the US and Israel to launch attacks in the middle east in the next 3 weeks? Ummmm....i'll take that bet and bet you they dont. How much you got on it cuz?

Even Amadinijihad stated they, USrael, will be launching an offensive within 3 weeks, see here:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Also, we want to make sure that hugo chavez does not try to launch missles at us because we attack IRAN. We also, have KIMMI under wraps so he does not do anything either. www.youtube.com... vid does not work.
U.S spydrones over venezuella on you tube, must watch.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Good luck with Chavez trying to launch missiles at the US. Would never happen LMAO!!!

Originally posted by nite owl
Also, we want to make sure that hugo chavez does not try to launch missles at us because we attack IRAN. We also, have KIMMI under wraps so he does not do anything either. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

This is only a precaution, if they decide to. You know we have 46 warships over there under the guise of controlling drugs. Don't you think it a large overkill of ships to get rid of drugs and drug lords? We are there to protect us from any missles that could get launched by venezuella to usa. Only a precaution, to let them know not to get involved in isreal attacking IRAN.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Wow-the US and Israel to launch attacks in the middle east in the next 3 weeks? Ummmm....i'll take that bet and bet you they dont. How much you got on it cuz?

My mistake, the thread I made said 3 MONTHS.....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Since the USA is in so much debt that it could take 20 generations just to make a dent in it, it makes sense for them financially to go to war. It creates jobs which gives them more taxes, they plunder the enemies resources for their own and help the new country create an infrastructure for which that country will heavily rely on the US which just so happen to force the USA to leave troops there to "protect the government from insurgencies" and it becomes a sort of "police-state".

All around people are busy, some are at war, some are helping build war materials, while others just keep on about their daily lives.

High Unemployment? No Problem! Start a War today and many of them, due to their depressive state and no-where to go situation due to poor government funding in beneficial social programs (notice i said beneficial), will join the service cause they promise you money and an education. Plus, with the media and its glorification of horrible situations, people will form opinions and its usually about supporting the troops. Simply because its taboo to speak out about the war or else your called a troop-hater or something.

All in all, I call FUBAR@!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Given Israel's record of preemptive strikes in cases like these, what do they care if the US House of Representatives supports them or not?

They will go ahead with the strike anyway when they are good and ready, and won't give a damn as to whether or not they use weapons supplied by the US in order to achieve this goal.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I wont support anymore war.

Republicans (politicians)better get their heads out of their asses real soon, they have an opportunity to make their party better right now, and instead, all they are doing is continuing on the same old crap they were feeding us before.

Democrats(citizens), well, all I can say is that you better put your current administration under a microscope and figure out what the Democratic party REALLY is, because I KNOW that the democrats of today are not the Democrats that I knew 4 years ago. They are letting this administration get away with things they would HAVE NEVER let happen in the past, only because they are finally in power again.

Independants- Get out the popcorn ready, its about to be one hell of a show this November. Dont support ANY of these sides, we need to rise up in the political world because neither of the two above have done any amount of good.

This upcomming elections, vote in the Independants, they deserve the chance to at least try to make this country better. We always get pushed to the side because of partisan hacks who only have their parties intrests at hand. They wage war, they screw over the people whenever they can, and they could give a damn about the people that actually elected them in the first place. What we need is a STRONG Independant movement, that wont take crap from EITHER side.

Its time that people start deciding whats best for this country, not whats best for their party. ( I know, I know), thats like asking these politicians to not be criminals, but we have to try. This country is about to implode from all the BS these politicians are shoveling to the people, and the people
are supporting it. Judge the issues with Logic, not by devotion to a certain group. Dont support ANYMORE WAR, Support YOURSELVES and YOUR BELIEFS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join