It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past decade was warmest on record and 7 of 10 climate indicators are worsening: NOAA report

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by remrem

There is as much info and disinfo in both PRO warming CO2 argument as their AGAINST.

Says who? What is the evidence for that?

Realize that professional scientists have been thinking and measuring aspects of this since at least the 1960's, long before it was in any public debate. Why is that? (Because the physics is right). They all would have jobs at research labs and universities no matter what they said, as long as it was solid science. And it was, and was not controversial because it was science just like all the other science that laypeople never hear about.

But just as soon as it looked pretty certain it was going to be a problem, and that doing something about this problem would upset some wealthy and powerful people (who are much much much much more powerful than scientists), then the baloney started flying.

And money ultimately swings science! People can be bought.

And yet not any evidence of money buying the entirety of the climatological community.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Your saying the sea level has risen ..... ok then. Go on tell us how much has it risen. I don't see it has risen in 50 years where I stay. So you go ahead and tell us how much it has risen in fifty years.

did you try looking it up on the intertubes?

en.wikipedia.org...

There are even references to actual scientific papers, gosh!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by mc_squared

The bit i said about "a big distraction from human responsibility" was really meant to be relating to the arguement about is global warming real or not??
In my opinion it is but I see lots of news stories, Scientist's being ridiculed etc etc and when you watch those videos you realise that the arguement about wether global warming is true or not melts away and leaves you in the knowledge that we MUST ACT regardless..

Gotcha, and yes I completely agree

The sad truth is though that all this distracting debate and fake "uncertainty" is a very deliberate and calculated tactic engineered by the people who stand to lose the most money from the reality of global warming and the measures we need to take to stop it.

It's pretty self-evident to anyone who isn't completely blinded by all the propaganda. Virtually all the stories you hear about Global Warming being a hoax are coming from extreme right-wing media sources like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh, as well as lobbyist organizations posing as "Libertarian Think Tanks" and various websites and blogs that all seem to have direct ties to funding from Big Oil companies and what not.

It never ceases to amaze me though how many so-called conspiracy theorists can't see the real conspiracy for the trees and are instead letting their own inherent mistrust of the system be abused by the system.

Yeah - I'm sure all those awful scientists and environmentalists are lying to us to promote their evil save the planet "agenda" while BP and Exxon and all their little minions are telling the simple honest truth.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

mc_squared

Have to say.....

I couldn't have put it better myself

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by remrem

First they called it Global Warming, then it became Climate Change.
Climate is not static, it keeps changing all the time.

No, it's always been called climate change. What do you think the initials IPCC stand for?

Global warming is one aspect of climate change, the one most likely to directly affect people in the western world (precipitation pattern change is more of a concern in some countries). It's also the aspect most prominently mentioned by the media.

However in recent years some ignorant people have started to think that global warming means everywhere on the planet gets warmer every year, and partly to move away from this myth many people have now gone back to referring to climate change, which does not present such misconceptions.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Essan]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Right. Just like they declared 2010 to be the hottest year on record, after having the coldest winter 'ever', and the year wasn't even over yet! I'm in Florida and I can tell you without exception this is the coolest summer yet in 8 years.

It is so far the warmest year ever - after 6 months.

Florida isn't the whole world.

Interestly, it looks like July 2010 is the warmest month ever for the USA as a whole (Florida is not the whole of the USA, there are other States as well)

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Right, it started off the coldest ever, and after a couple months (this was months ago they declared this) it was already the warmest ever? Unlikely.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I think it is interesting that the groups (agencies) who track "climate change" are also the same groups who have the most to gain if the numbers show the world getting hotter. If the person selling you something is the same person who has been given the job of telling you how much of that something you need - well - you don't see a conflict here? Sorry, but I don't implicitly trust NASA or NOAA or especially the IPCC. Like other posters have said - "Follow the money"

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Here in CA we are breaking record low highs. It's way cold for a So. Cal summer so NOT all places are experiencing a warmer year. As a matter of fact since last summer until this "so called" summer an actual SUMMER hasn't occurred here. Sorry everyone on the E. Coast is baking. Seems things have done a complete 180 between coasts.

Climate change..............it's a cycle that repeats over and over. Warming then cooling. A warm period will eventually usher in an ice age sometimes small, sometimes large. Earth is going through cycles in it's position in the galaxy. This has happened before and will happen again regardless of man's intervention or pollution. In our last ice age the previous cycle temps were warmer than they are now and there was NO burning of fossil fuels or a vast human population as we have today.

It's a cycle, always has been, always will be.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by favouriteslave]

[edit on 1-8-2010 by favouriteslave]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
reply to post by Essan

Right, it started off the coldest ever, and after a couple months (this was months ago they declared this) it was already the warmest ever? Unlikely.

Here is the ACTUAL GRAPH -

data.giss.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Hey, the other day I was having a philosophical discussion about religion.

The atheist cannot prove their is no God and the theist cannot prove their IS a God, but the theist tells the atheist that at least if their is a GOD, he has a better chance of reaching heaven.

So your and others argument is, "well we are hedging our bets that God (GW) is real".

Hey, you progressive/communists that think you are going to institute your global empire-KMA!

Funny how the people LIKE the Rockefellers, Morgans, Rothschilds, etc are PROVEN to be behind this; are going to cement their control over EVERYTHING.

Why don't you just frelling put the chains of slavery on your children yourself?

This is just getting ridiculous. Open your eyes.

Does not the proof of sustainability plan of the UN and NWO agenda PROVE the lie? No?

My God, I thought in the internet age that at least SOMEONE would have a brain, or at least the ability to absorb information.

AS FOR THOSE THAT POO POOED the ocean levels previously mentioned-

Give me ONE iota of evidence that the declared rise in oceans has occurred!

[edit on 8/1/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

Thanks.

Look at the very end of it.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by bigyin

Your saying the sea level has risen ..... ok then. Go on tell us how much has it risen. I don't see it has risen in 50 years where I stay. So you go ahead and tell us how much it has risen in fifty years.

did you try looking it up on the intertubes?

en.wikipedia.org...

There are even references to actual scientific papers, gosh!

Ah .. not able to give me a straight answer eh ?

Easier to refer to a webpage.

You know I could refer you to web pages that will tell you sea levels have dropped in recent times. But I'm not going to bother, because you've already made your mind up.

Now this site you have linked shows a chart of the past 8000 years sea levels.here

Acording to it, up to recnet times the sea level rose by 15 meters.

That btw was without any input by man, that was just nature.

Then man came along with his global warming stuff, lets say about 100 years ago, start of industrial revolution.

Now in that time man's 'input' to global warming has according to that chart actually slowed the rate of sea level increase.

Forgive me if I'm not reading the chart correctly. Feel free to point out the huge rate of increase beyond the natural line.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

[size=50]WOW, the tempature
went up .5 of a degree!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

At what point has anyone suggested this was the coldest year globally?

It was a cold winter in the USA. This does not mean July cannot then be the warmest month ever.

I should also point out that this is the year 2010. Not 2008. Well, it is here in Britain anyway.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Essan]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Reply to post by mbkennel

And scientists used to say the world was flat.

Your point?

MMGW is pure bunk. That should be a no brainer. Even if climate change is natural, who gives a rats ass? There is nothing you can do about it. Just roll with the punches mother nature throws.

What is ironic is how no matter what happens, it is global warming.

Hottest year - global warming
Coldest winter - global warming
Driest spring - global warming
Wettest fall - global warming

Apparently you all have extremely short memories.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Wonder how much data had to be distorted, manipulated, and deleted, for them to come up with this?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here in Finland, we broke the heat record of our country with 37,2 celcius this week since the year 1914. (Back then it was about 35,9 celcius)

Trust me, 37,2 is ALOT for us, we live in the cold north afterall.

[edit on 1/8/10 by Dukarth]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

MMGW is pure bunk. That should be a no brainer. Even if climate change is natural, who gives a rats ass? There is nothing you can do about it. Just roll with the punches mother nature throws.

It's happening in the same way that contrary to what some tell us, the Earth is not flat and was not created in 4004BC. Exactly why it is happening and what the consequences are, is open to debate. A debate some seem reluctant to engage in.

Maybe we can't do anything about it. Maybe we, in the west, have no desire to doing anything about it. But that doesn't mean we should pretend it isn't happening.

You may think you can do nothing about the increase in crime in your town. Do you pretend it doesn't exist? Do you ignore it? Or do you think for yourself?

reply to post by Dukarth

But somewhere in the USA had a cold week so it doesn't count

14 countries have recorded their highest ever temperature so far this year. None have recorded their lowest temperature.

As an aside, the catastophic floods in Pakistan have been partially attributed to human activity. We make things worse. Maybe it's time to make things better?

Or maybe we just leave it all to God?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Maybe we can't do anything about it. Maybe we, in the west, have no desire to doing anything about it. But that doesn't mean we should pretend it isn't happening.

What do you propose we do about it? I'd really like to hear a viable solution to the perceived threat.

And like I said, it was several months ago they were already declaring 2010 the hottest year ever or whatever. I remember seeing the thread. Whatever.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join