It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joint Economic Committee: We Are Screwed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
We are screwed.

Behold my fellow tax payers, Obamacare unleashed.

JEC Reports:

Washington, DC – Four months after U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi famously declared “We have to pass the bill so you can find out what’s in it,” a congressional panel has released the first chart illustrating the 2,801 page health care law President Obama signed into law in March.

Developed by the Joint Economic Committee minority, led by U.S Senator Sam Brownback of Kansas and Rep. Kevin Brady of Texas, the detailed organization chart displays a bewildering array of new government agencies, regulations and mandates.

“For Americans, as well as Congressional Democrats who didn’t bother to read the bill, this first look at the final health care law confirms what many fear, that reform morphed into a monstrosity of new bureaucracies, mandates, taxes and rationing that will drive up health care costs, hurt seniors and force our most intimate health care choices into the hands of Washington bureaucrats,” said Brady, the committee’s senior House Republican. “If this is what passes for health care reform in America, then God help us all.”

Download The Chart Here - Warning, 52" Wide Screen Television Required To View

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61d21ad6efea.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ayn Rand was right! No wonder she never favored the welfare state.this bill is ridiculous. How much trouble does it go to make a better health care bill then this?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Though only about half of that chart is accurate (the other half being fear-mongering and propaganda), it's amazing to look at the worst bits and realise that those were the concessions Democrats made to Republicans...the same group whining and griping about their own ideas and shifting the blame to the Democrats now.

What a wonderful group!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Apparently they are trying to create a framework for an economy that has a high % of dollars going to 'medicine'. An anonymous source said that 1 in 6 consumer dollars are presently going to medicare expenses. This was two years ago, around Sept when the first wave of shtf. The funny thing was the context she'd placed the 1 in 6 figure. She stated that 1 in 6 dollars are going toward medicine. Doctors are propping up the economy. I guess in the long run we could make it so that it's 1 of 2 dollars, or maybe all your dollars...hell, why not extend credit for life hours. It becomes a little like rigging up elaborate time travel devices such that you can gain a few minutes of time by escaping into the future and aging less quickly...but you spent all your time building the machine...all your efforts and time are being steered toward this sector because technology has some really big plans for us.

So be good, for goodness sake.

The drugs in the water have killed us at last. We have to pass the bill to see what's in it...and the country burns, smoldering in a windless horse latitude, ignited, just not yet visible.

That pelosi creature is the living end of insanity. I don't see how anyone can take this bill seriously. Would she even be allowed to blog in the UK? Clearly she is mad....

[edit on 29-7-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Warning! Historical revisionist in action. Warning!

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
Though only about half of that chart is accurate (the other half being fear-mongering and propaganda), it's amazing to look at the worst bits and realise that those were the concessions Democrats made to Republicans...the same group whining and griping about their own ideas and shifting the blame to the Democrats now.

What a wonderful group!

So, the Republicans did not vote for it, yet the problems in the bill are their fault.

Warning! Brain and logic about to explode. Warning!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The only thing that can stop the corruption and mismanagement of the government is....the government? Wait, what?

Does anyone care to explain this? Does anyone really want this? What a joke.

Only thing I can find any comfort in is that I once read someone say that things have to get worse and worse before it reaches the breaking point and everything comes crumbling down. Perhaps we'll be able to stop it before then (2012 elections), but who knows. And yeah, I admit that's a terrible reference and maybe it is wrong...but it is hope.

Yall remember when Obama was talking about change?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Dear God, let the eugenics games begin.
It hurts my head to even look at that chart.
Either kill us all or give us our country back, I'm tired of all the farting around about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Warning! Historical revisionist in action. Warning!

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

What a wonderful group!

So, the Republicans did not vote for it, yet the problems in the bill are their fault.

Warning! Brain and logic about to explode. Warning!

How is that a mind-blowing idea? Have you ever heard of "riders" being attached to bills? Both parties do it. For example, recently, the democrats proposed a bill to cut the estate tax, but attached a rider amendment that would also decrease education funding. So, obviously, no matter what the republicans do, they lose. If they vote FOR the estate tax cut, they are blamed for cutting educational funding. If that vote AGAINST the bill, democrats get to campaign with the talking point that the republicans aren't doing what they were voted in to do. So, it's a lose-lose.

The Republicans did just that with this health care bill. They added bunch of crap into it through concessions that democrats granted them in order to get a few things they wanted passed, and now they (republicans) are pointing at that same crap (rather than the original parts of the bill) and saying, "Oh my god, look wht the liberals want to do!!!"

It's a nasty, incredibly brilliant trick that both groups play.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Its important to point out that there is absolutely no free market healthcare in America.

When the healthcare system fully implodes from the insane regulatory overhead, the democrats will absolutely blame the free market for its failure.

As you can see, the system has absolutely nothing to do with the free market.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Does anyone in their right mind think its going to be as simple as this?

Really?

I know it seems complicated in that picture, but that still seems to be way too simple. Mission creep is going to cripple us (sometimes literally).

Also, medical care prices will go up, as a market dependent on government spending has no mechanisms to keep prices low without creating shortages. Government intervention is like crack for prices. They go crazy because people are incapable of planning an economy.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Riders can be removed.

Legislation can be scrapped and smaller more streamlined legislation can be introduced.

Let me see, the Constitution was how many pages?

Revisionist history is revisionist history.

new topics

top topics

join