It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in Elions?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Re-read the Garden of Eden and you will see that Cain and Abel were not Adam's children...they were of Enki and Enlil (God and Lord God).

Can you please post your reference as to where you found that ?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The word Aliyon (Eliyon) in Hebrew is:

עליון

In Modern Hebrew is means something akin to your note (you can visit an online translator morfix.mako.co.il... (use the button with תרגום for English translation)).

All native Hebrew words involve a root form- a "shoresh" שורש it is called. In Eliyon, the root is Ayn and Lamed- על which denotes an "on" / "on top".

The best player on the team is the Aliyon of his team. The top floor of a building is also, Aliyon... the top commander of a battlefield- the Aliyon.

I'm no hobbyist of English etymology, but its easy to unveil the Hebrew root.

A cute similarity; although, with the hodgpodge of English, I am holding no wonder or awe about the birthing of this alien concept. More interesting to me is how someone got "Eve" from "Chava" :S Ever wonder about Litith? "Little"? Hmmm.....

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fifth Horseman
Honestly tell me this isn't the first time you have heard this idea before? really? with all your ufo alien threads? Sorry I just take for granted this is commonly understood. Oh yeah, no one liners! hehe

Yes...I just happened to pick up the word "Elion" in a conversation I was hearing and I got curious what it means.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
,Id love to have someone who knows his stuff comment on Elohim being the plural of El.

Who better than Raёl to comment on Elohim!

In his book The Message Given To Me By Extra-Terrestrials he writes:

"What do you call yourselves?"

"If you wish to give us a name, even though we call ourselves men and women in our language, you may call us the 'Elohim' since we came from the sky."

"What language do you speak on your planet?"

"Our official language closely resembles ancient Hebrew."

Of course, Raёl's credibility is much open to debate

[edit on 30-7-2010 by torsion]

[edit on 30-7-2010 by torsion]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakeNBake
Those verses you supplied us with are wrong.

Explain please.

Elyon

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I don't think that there is a connection since "alien" isn't just used for beings from outer space.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
how about this ! Anak Enki Anax ! similar words similar meanings
Hebrew = Anak = (Strong & Tall Long neck) Warrior Rephaite
Sumerian= Enki =(Lord of the Earth)
Greek= Anax (military Leader Leader of men)

Originally posted by sakokrap
someone got "Eve" from "Chava" :S Ever wonder about Litith? "Little"? Hmmm.....

My intention behind this thread was to inspire to look at languages

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Well it's been interesting seeing all the conjecture that people have put up regarding this Hebrew word. As one who has studied Hebrew for quite a few years I can tell you that Elyon, which is properly pronounced EL-YONE means "up high" or "above" and is used in several contexts, ranging from a reference to the Elohim (E-LO-HEEM, which is most definitely the plural version of Eloah, down to simple mundane usage, indicating the position of a common object like a basket or chamber.

It does NOT, however, have anything to do with ALIENS, since that word (ALIEN) has nothing to do with being up high, but rather is indicative of someone who is a STRANGER to a locale. It is totally erroneous to try and connect a Hebrew word to an English word that has a completely different meaning, just because you imagine that the words have a similar sound.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
,since that word (ALIEN) has nothing to do with being up high, but rather is indicative of someone who is a STRANGER

For ancients and for us both "stranger" and "up high" would be the first to things that come to mind when thinking of Extraterrestrials.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Funny you would bring up Rael, torsion. -Particularly that Hebrew would be a good source for those whispering to him...

RaEl in Hebrew is: רע The "Ra" part means "evil" and of course, אל or "El" is god... So, if he was given the title of "Evil God" by these folks, one would be wise to question him (particularly when he says they cite Hebrew as a source ;-)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Woah...Seriously awesome post.

I'm really big into Ancient Astronaut Theory.

Until this post I had never heard 'Elion' used before.
One of the main beliefs about Ancient Astronaut Theory is the idea that our gods were actually beings from another planet. I'm sure almost everyone around here has heard that before.

My stomach jumped a little when I read this...

Looking closer at "Elyon", the "ly" refers to going-up or ascending. In Isiah 13.14.

Satan boasts: I shall be enthroned in the mount of the council in the farthest north I will ascend about the heights of the clouds; I will be like Elion.

Excellent topic, great support. You really did your research! Thank you, I learned something new!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This makes a whole lot of sense out of a bunch of alternate senses!

Elions - aliens?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Before the great flood people lived hundreds of years. After the flood, God said man can only live for 120 years.

“And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh, yet his days shall be a hundred and twenty years.”

So at some point, Noah and his family were the only people on the Earth supposedly.

If you believe The lost book of Enoch, Noah's sons were different colors. Red, Black and White.

Point being this. There is enough circumstantial evidence to conclude there was some kind of supreme being that existed. Reason I say that is why would someone write these parables about burning bushes and chariots made of fire coming from the sky? If someone said that today we would think them crazy. I see no reason to conclude 3500 years ago they wouldn't think the same. Plus, whoever it was, he wasn't even the top guy. He was a lesser person than the One on High. And after he corrupted mankind the One on High wiped everything out. But this lesser one tipped Noah off.

So I'm not even sure the One on High knows we survived. He might come back and say WTF...I thought I got rid of you guys.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Funny you would bring up Rael, torsion. -Particularly that Hebrew would be a good source for those whispering to him...

RaEl in Hebrew is: רע The "Ra" part means "evil" and of course, אל or "El" is god... So, if he was given the title of "Evil God" by these folks, one would be wise to question him (particularly when he says they cite Hebrew as a source ;-)

Interesting. Raёl claims his name translates as "messenger of the Elohim".

Ra is also the Egyptian sun god. Could this be the origin of the Jews using the word for 'evil'? The swastika is a sun symbol - demonised by the Nazis and now a symbol of evil particulary towards Jews. Jewish religion is lunar based.

Raёl uses a symbol that is a combination of the Star of David and the swastika which he claims was engraved on the side of a flying saucer.

So perhaps all these references to "gods in the sky" are nothing more than the sun and the moon, the significance lost over time due the ongoing cultural wars between those who worship (perhaps unknowingly) one or the other.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Except that El seems to means Saturn and Saturn means the black sun according to occult practices..
[edit on 28-7-2010 by Unity_99]

You read too much Maxwell, Ike and Tsarion stuff to my opinion.

The Black and the white sun are one in Kabbalah. The color of god is gold, the color of god also black, the universe if grey. The Ruler is Blue, the Fighter is red, the Limiter is Gold, the Lover is Green, the mover is Purple, the Balancer is Yellow. Now let us go trough the colors of the tree of life of the Kabbalh since all comes from there.

We start by sephirah 1 , the Kether what is the crown, Eieh or I am, your brain in some way is white. The sephirah nr 2 is the Zodiac, Yah or the Lord, the sephirah nr 3 is God, the black eminence or Saturn, called Yhwh-Elohim, the dark side of him, then comes sephirah nr 4, EL or Jupiter, the ruler, the sephirah nr 5, Elohim Gebor, Mars the battlestar, then comes sephirah number 6, Yhwh Va Daath, the balancer or God, the bright side of him or the Sun, then sephira nr 7, Yhwh Sabaoth, the love queen Venus, then sephira nr8, the limiter Elohim Sabaoth or Mercury, then nr 8, the mover Shabatai el Shaddai, the Moon on nr 9 and on the end, nr 10, the earth, Adonai ha aretz, the kingdom of god and symbolized by 4 colors, the 4 elements of life.

The colors of the 7 colored sephira are those of the rainbow, the black white and multicolor are neutral. It are those colors that give the speculators the idea that Saturn is black and means the black sun.
The Black sun is God, the black eminence, he is found often in life in many symbols, the color of mankind is red, so look at a torrero fighting the black bull with a red carpet, see the images of god shooting the whole tree of life of Kabbalah in baskets and chasing God, the black ball with the numer 8 in pool billiard. All is symbols only, The Sephira of Saturn is 3, the trinity or Tetrgrammaton, the triangle, the Ruler, thus the perfect one is 4, the square of perfection, the 5 is Mars, the red one or Pentagram, the symbol of human. All together they symbolize the game of 3/4/5. Write this 3.1415 and you get pi, the sign of infinity.

All those consealed symbols are the door to God, EL, or aleph, lamed, say AL. All means All or God, LA means is not or nothing. So, the truth is at Allah, since Allah means all is nothing.

People like New Agers, Jordan Maxwell, Michael Tsarion, David Ike use some of this stuff to get you away from religion and .... to earn big money with your stupidity.

The SS, das Order der Schwarzen Sonne, the order of the black sun is an esoteric Templar Order created from a fusion of the DHVSS, die Herren vom Schwarzen Stein, the gentlemen of the black stone, an ancient teutonic Templar Order and the Thule Gesellschaft, an aryan Society learning from Elena Blavatsky's readings about the aryan race and Atlantis.

But all this has nothing to do with Saturn. Saturn is in ancient mythology the god of harvest, the one with the scythe , the god of time, Kronos and the god of understanding. He is the dark force that you are born in and will teach you the bad to learn the good with the help of Lucifer, the light-bringer. He is God. In the Christian church he is the priest, dressed in black, while the holly father is dressed in golden white color of the light or sun and the human who fights for the world, the Kardinal is dressed in red. The one who moves in between and transfers the message is in purple, the bishop.

But all this is kabbalistic symbolism only. Making Saturn, the black cube responsible for the Jews having him on the head during prayer or the Muslims dancing around him is stupidity. It just symbolizes God, the black eminence,nothing more.

None of us knows what he is, none of us has or will ever see him, so let him stay in his darkness.

And, keep away from Maxwell and Co, there is nothing intelligent to learn there, to my opinion.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by eurocrates]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
Before the great flood people lived hundreds of years. After the flood, God said man can only live for 120 years.

“And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh, yet his days shall be a hundred and twenty years.”

So at some point, Noah and his family were the only people on the Earth supposedly.

If you believe The lost book of Enoch, Noah's sons were different colors. Red, Black and White.

the lord spoke of 120 years, this is gematria and means 12 or the 12 signs of the Zodiac. the Zodiac is the Arch of Noah. A day in the life of the zodiac is 25920 years or 1 platonic year.

Now to the colors, I explained this in my previous post. Red is Mankind, Black is God, and yellow-white is the sun.

The black one is the dark side of god, the beginning, the golden white is the enlightened side of God, the sun and the red one is human race.

You find that symbols in every church, the masonic floor, the white and black checkered tiles.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by torsion

In every religion the kabbalistic depiction of god takes place in the inert, black and white side of him. The good and the evil and the neutral, the 3 pillars of life in the tree of life of Kaballah.

Israel is a word that contains Isis, Ra and El. It means the mother of good and evil in some way. God is always depicted in 3 appearances, the trinity what is +, - and neutral. Good bad and without opinion, or rule, fight and keep in balance. With the contender, the 3 elements that rule it are kept in a simple formula, YHWH. H_ the contender, Y the +, H the - and W =0.
Inside are 3, with the contender it is 4 and the absolute nothing outside it are 5, together 3/4/5 or 3.1415, pi the sign of infinity

The crucifixion is such a symbol, happened i Galgata, inside your skull and is the neutral one crucified between a good and a bad guy. the 3 pillars of life.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
Well it's been interesting seeing all the conjecture that people have put up regarding this Hebrew word. As one who has studied Hebrew for quite a few years I can tell you that Elyon, which is properly pronounced EL-YONE means "up high" or "above" and is used in several contexts, ranging from a reference to the Elohim (E-LO-HEEM, which is most definitely the plural version of Eloah, down to simple mundane usage, indicating the position of a common object like a basket or chamber.

It does NOT, however, have anything to do with ALIENS, since that word (ALIEN) has nothing to do with being up high, but rather is indicative of someone who is a STRANGER to a locale. It is totally erroneous to try and connect a Hebrew word to an English word that has a completely different meaning, just because you imagine that the words have a similar sound.

EL means God or ALL, Elo, means Goddess, the feminine aspect of god, Him is the masculine plural. Thus Elohim means Gods in both sexual appearances and this is related to the fact that we all are God, we are his images, men and women.

Eloha means contender, it depicts the brain, that's why the enlightened brain, symbolized by the sun is called Eloha Va Daath or the container of wisdom. In Kabbalah the sephiroth are numbered, the sephirah of Eloha Va Daath is the sun, or number 6. The square of Kabbalah makes it a square of 6x6 fields thus 36, the total of 1 to 36 is 666, the number of God.
Count 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons, the element no 6 of the atomic scale and you get Carbone. Unfortunately we found out that the sun is not burning Carbone, bad way on thinking from the ancients. Probably the devil needs that to heat the hell, hahahaha

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Skyfloating

A cute similarity; although, with the hodgpodge of English, I am holding no wonder or awe about the birthing of this alien concept. More interesting to me is how someone got "Eve" from "Chava" :S Ever wonder about Litith? "Little"? Hmmm.....

the name YHWH Iod-Havah or Jahavah, better said, Jah-Chavah: Jah is in the head and represents the masculine aspect. When we say Hallelu-Jah, we are pronouncing Jah which is Kether, the Father in the higher level of Atziluth; yet the feminine aspect of Jah-Chavah is Chavah (Eve) who is in the bottom, in Yesod (sex).

So when we name the God Iod-Havah, Jehovah, or Jahavah, Jah is the head (of the serpent) and Chavah HVH(Eve in English) is the sex (the tail of the serpent); behold here again the word Chai; it is written that Chavah derives from the word Chai which means life.

"And the serpent was craftier..." (Genesis 3:1). Rabbi Isaac said: the serpent is the wicked inclination (towards sensation-desire), which (in the sexual act) incites one to (orgasm) sin (in Klipoth). Rabbi Judah said, it is a true serpent (true serpentine life-force). They approached Rabbi Shimon, who said: both interpretations are correct. It was (the evolving life-force of) Samael and he was seen riding on the serpent (that is, controlling such a life-force). The image of the serpent is Satan (that is, the adversary or desire-life-Chaioth-force), namely the evil inclination (towards sensation-desire) that incites humans (better said: Intellectual Chaioth) to (orgasm) sin (in Klipoth) and then (the filthy outcome of it) ascends (as Cain) to (the brain, to) demand punishment above (from Jahavah Elohim-Binah in the pineal gland). They are both the same (Chai = life-force from Yesod). You can say that the (Kundabuffer) serpent is the evil inclination (towards Klipoth) and (its opposite) is a true (Kundalini) serpent (Numbers 21: 8). – Zohar

Hope it makes sense to you, if not, get into Kabbalah.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by eurocrates

This I found fascinating:

"The Sephira of Saturn is 3, the trinity or Tetrgrammaton, the triangle, the Ruler, thus the perfect one is 4, the square of perfection, the 5 is Mars, the red one or Pentagram, the symbol of human. All together they symbolize the game of 3/4/5. Write this 3.1415 and you get pi, the sign of infinity"

...however, you lost me on this part:

"The Sephira of Saturn is 3, the trinity or Tetrgrammaton, the triangle, the Ruler, thus the perfect one is 4, the square of perfection..."

...I know trinity is 3 and Tetra is 4, triangle is 3, then... "the Ruler, the perfect one is 4, the square of perfection"...? Please sort out the 3's and 4's for me in your quote above, if you understand my confusion. I am very interested in this but cannot quite make the leap about "the Ruler, thus perfect one is 4" ...and "the trinity or Tetragrammaton" (Reads --in my humble brain-- like there is implication of synonymous root meaning, yet one embodies 3, the other 4.) Please lead me on a clearer path to your conclusion.

I really am impressed by the coming together of knowledge and viewpoints in such a diplomatic and respectful manner by the posters in this thread. This is seldom the case when real life or virtual conversations offer differing religious thought/speculation. You people are awesome!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join