It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in Elions?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodJudgesMe
"Koah Elion" (כוח עליון) in hebrew means Higher Power. There's no such thing as "Elions" it's like saying "Highers" in English.

Its great someone who knows Hebrew stops by.

The speculation here is that one thing lead to another. Elion (Higher) may have led to the Latin Alienus (from elsewhere) for example.

An different idea might be that whoever coined the word "aliens" to mean "extraterrestrial" deliberately wanted a word that sounded like Elyon to be the word for ETs.

Who knows

Which in my opinion without a doubt, describes alien activity in past time that ancient people could not understand or describe correctly.

Yes no doubt. We have a lot of Nephilim threads around.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I think that much of our ancient texts need to be revisited, even if this isnt true there is so much stuff that points to it being true and we need to know! One of my favourites is Genesis 1.26 "And God went on to say "Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness" also alot of referring to people as the people of earth, although there are other people that dont live on the earth.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
,Id love to have someone who knows his stuff comment on Elohim being the plural of El.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Very interesting OP.

I have to saw, what I find disturbing is what God says, which to me basically comes down to.

-You better do what I say
-Don't touch my stuff

If we are dealing with an interstellar civilization, they certainly had no issues with scaring the locals into line. Thing is, even today if they return I should imagine they would have no problem doing the same thing all over again and it would largely work.

Not a nice line of thought.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What about Allah?
Elohim. Allah. Elion...

Alien.

Etymology can be fascinating. One of my favorite things to speculate on in the bible is the Tower of Babylon story.
The more you read about these similarities, the more that story makes sense. I just wish that the knowledge base extended back past the Hebrew a little better so I could see what the root of Elohim is. At any rate, our tongues were confused.

Good thread Sky.
S&F

[edit on 29-7-2010 by JayinAR]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What I'm gathering about Elohim being singular or plural depends on the sense of the verb that accompanies it. Elohim itself is definately a plural of Eloah, but depending on the context in how its used, it can be either. Gen 1:1, for instance, appears to refer to a singular entity based on the sense of the verb created.

He created.

Il, El, Eloah would be more proper names referring to a specific God. Collectively, they would be referred to as Bene Elim, Bene Elyon or Bene Elohim... And apparently are used to refer to angels, demons and whatnot as well as Pagan Deities as well as the God of Israel.

But once again, depending on the sense in which the term is used, Elohim may refer to a single god. ... Most likely the Supreme, I'm gathering.
The reason I say that is if you're gonna use that word for a single entity, rather than a more specific term, it would stand to reason that you are speaking of the "obvious god."... Well, obvious to your audience, anyhow.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by JayinAR]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I think its not entirely un-academic to make the jump from EL to AL and thereby Allah. Good point.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I know that the etymology doesn't suggest it, but could your answers be found in the name of Israel itself? ... Is . Ra . El .

Just thinking aloud, pay me no mind.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Yes, the Isis, Ra and El thing. "Ra" means "Black" in Hebrew if I remember correctly. So that would be Female (Isis), Male (El) and the Infinite Black Space beyond...like you Im just playing with words...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Nice work and truly thought provoking. I enjoy uncovering the origins of common phrases, like "graveyard shift" and "saved by the bell" (both of which are related in their origins).

Be careful though about thinking too much, especially intellectual thought that tie into religion. The lunatic ignorant American evangelical cultists will proclaim you a minion of Satan!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Didn't bother reading the whole post. I just wanted to make sure the OP was aware that entire threads have been devoted to the issue as to why God is referred to in the plural sense occasionally and that it is referring to God and not any form of lesser beings. I won't get into the explanation here because it is posted numerous times elsewhere.

Besides, the Hebrews had a word for alien. In Hebrew, it is pronounced "ger" and was translated as alien and stranger throughout the Old Testament. Any similarity between the pronunciation of Elion/Elyon and alien is purely coincidental and completely worthless for argument that they are somehow the same. Since when has any word sounding like another word made them the same thing?

La sopa (sounds like soap with an a at the end) is Spanish for soup and has no connection to our word soap. Try bathing in sopa and tell me how it works out. Same thing with claiming God's name to be referring to aliens.

Edit: This by no means that I do not believe in aliens. I am undecided on the matter. I do think it is possible that God could have created many other beings that we are unaware of, and I think it is possible that perhaps people saw angels and mistook them for aliens. I am undecided. But aliens or not, God's name is God's name.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Mykahel]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel

Besides, the Hebrews had a word for alien. In Hebrew, it is pronounced "ger" and was translated as alien and stranger throughout the Old Testament.

No, those were what they call "the Greys".

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I hope you get further then I did when I wrote that:

Gods=Aliens and Heaven= from the skies

so many years wasted trying to wake people

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Alien does indeed come from Latin 'alienus' meaning "other (as an adjective)" and has created the modern Spanish word 'ajeno' / Modern Portuguese word 'alheio' which both mean "belonging to someone else".

ON THE SUBJECT OF PLURALITY:

Plurality is mutable. For example, modern English refers to all second persons in the plural, whether they are singular are not.

One person --> You (plural)
Two people --> You guys, Y'all, You'ns, Yous, All of you (plural of a plural)
One person in the Bible --> Thou (authentic second person singular in English)

This isn't limited to English:

French: Vous (singular [respectful] or plural)

This isn't limited to the second person:

English: We'll see you later (said by one person, probably who typically greets people representing an establishment, but then extends it to usage outside of that establishment or organization)

This can also be caused by borrowing words:

Italian Biscotti is plural, but singular in English

Also, consider collective nouns:

Bread, rice, water, sand, milk, wine, cheese, fish, and others are collective, they cannot be singular in the strictest sense without a modifying word: loaf of bread, grain of rice, drop of water, etc. When they are popularly pluralized - such as "We'll have three waters" (as said at a restaurant) - it refers to the most context dependent meaning.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Sphota]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Here's yet another take on YHWH and Tetragrammaton. This article reminded me of the Issac Assimov book I mentioned earlier --in which he talked about Patriarchal (God the Father) religions clashing with Matriarchal (Mother Earth) religions.
Full Article HERE

Tetragrammaton:
The sacred name of God. In Hebrew "four-letter word" or symbol meaning yod-ye-vau-he (YHWH) and signifying Yahweh. It is pronounced in Hebrew as "Adomai," and written generally as JHYH with variations of JHVH or YHVH. In English it became Jehovah.

The root YHWH is radical of HWH, he-vau-he, meaning "being" or "life" or "woman" which were interchangeable concepts in the ancient Middle East. These identical letters in Latin are E-V-E: Eve. So the central or inner meaning of the Tetragrammaton is Eve, the Mother of All Living. In the Gnostic Gospels this concept also is conveyed. The Wisdom of God, or the Divine Spirit and Mother, is believed the real creator of the world. Allegedly her son, who was called the demiurge, stold his power from his mother and with it created the world.

The early Gnostics believed the demiurge was the God which the orthodox Christians adored and not the true God or Supreme Being which they symbolized as Iao.

...after this part it started talking about God-sex and I got embarrassed

Also, this is a pretty neat little online Etymology tool:

www.etymonline.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Great thread, thanks for pulling me out of semi-retirement. There has been speak of the Elohim yes but I have an interesting slant: Nearly all angelic names end in the El. Michael, Daniel, Gabriel, Raziel, Arel, etc. This much is clear and true.
That being true, look to the modern "legend" of the SUPERMAN: Kal-el. His father, Jor-el had knowledge his planet was going to explode yet couldn't convince the others of their plight. He fashioned a space-ship and sent his only beloved son into the night only to have him crash-land on a distant planet. He was raised and loved by two earthly parents. He went from a red sun system to our yellow sun system and gained powers. Makes me think of the VISA logo!
What am saying here? That these stories have survived and been retold in various fashions through the millenia. Is this story that different from the annunaki coming here to save their planet or from the story of Utnapishtim surviving the deluge by building an ark (escaping on a ship).
Of special interest are the creators SiegEL and Shuster: both Hebrew

I cant wait for Esoteric Teacher to show up. He has a great associative reasoning mind and his word play is legendary. Congrats on a great little thread and keep on asking questions!!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I know that the etymology doesn't suggest it, but could your answers be found in the name of Israel itself? ... Is . Ra . El .

Just thinking aloud, pay me no mind.

That's brilliant!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Those verses you supplied us with are wrong.

Isaiah 13:14 reads "And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land." KJV

1 Samuel 2:2 reads:
"There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God."

Explain please.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The MichaEL, UriEL, RaphaEL, is one thing, but angels are mixed into the religious thing erroneously. Archangels are freedom fighters, not annanuki, who are the ones who coded the entire language to their dark star and saturn beliefs. Primarily our of Egypt and Sumar.

Example, J'ean d' Arc stood up against the titled property owners and fought for a free France. Mi'c'za'e'l fought with her. That is how they won their battles. From the visions of a friend, that stirred memories, a special sword was involved, he from what he was shown talked of the relics of Atlantis, that invovled a staff used in the Vatican, an apple type item used in the Royal Family, and the Blade of Olympia, also known in King Arthur days.

So I tend to prefer the angels being kept out of it. Until I remember more, they're not going to be alligned with nuki's.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel

La sopa (sounds like soap with an a at the end) is Spanish for soup and has no connection to our word soap. Try bathing in sopa and tell me how it works out.

Although... la sopa, served as an appetizer, is also intended to cleanse the palate in preparation for full enjoyment of the main course.

I'm sorry, I really am not trying to poke a hole in your argument. That really is an interesting connection between those two words that your post caused me to realize! Ok, I'll just go wash my mouth out with soap now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join