It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in Elions?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+71 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The other day I heard a Hebrew word that was pronounced alien. The word was Elion or the more common spelling Elyon. I looked up its meaning. It means "upper", "up high", "in the heavens", "in the sky" and also "God". Interestingly Elyon also means basket or bowl (flying saucer?).

So I looked up the Etymology of the word "alien" and it is widely claimed that the word first became associated with extraterrestrials in a science-fiction book of 1944. Before that it referred to strangers or foreigners.

Follwing this interesting coincidence (?) I got curious and next looked up similar words such as the Norman "Alieen" and the Greek "Alina" which mean light, ray of light. I enjoy speculating on synchronistic connections between words and meanings.

Looking closer at "Elyon", the "ly" refers to going-up or ascending. In Isiah 13.14. Satan boasts:

I shall be enthroned in the mount of the council in the farthest north
I will ascend about the heights of the clouds;
I will be like Elion.

Samuel 2.2. has sound connected to the Elion:

God thundered from heaven,
and the Elyon uttered his voice.

And Pslam 97.9. refers to "Gods" in the Plural, another of many pieces of evidence that some of the Gods referred to in the Old Testament are not THE God (Supreme Creator) but lesser beings.

For you, God, are Elyon over all the earth;
you are raised high over all the gods.

Contemporary translations claim that "El" is God but that also "Elyon" is God and that there is no difference between the two. But since they are two different words, there really may be a difference. Maybe EL is THE God and Elyon is, similar to Elohim the "Gods", meaning lesser beings (aliens).

As controversial as it may sound, EL-OHIM is the plural of EL (God). Translating Elohim as "God" is a mistranslation.

In my personal view the "real God" in Judaism is YHVH, also known as "Gods name". But the actual meaning of YHVH is "to be" or "is" or "ineffable name". This would be identical to the Hindu, Buddhist and Kabbalist conception that "The Most High" is actually not a person but an impersonal infinite is-ness or force. If true then The Elohim would then not be the prime Source but actual beings.

Exodus 19, At Mount Sinai

These biblical passages actually speak for themselves so I wont add my own comment here, except to say that maybe it was not THE God coming down to have a chat with Moses but raher....Elions.

Then Moses went up to God, and the Lord called to him from the mountain and said...

... 'You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself

The Lord said to Moses, "I am going to come to you in a dense cloud, so that the people will hear me speaking with you and will always put their trust in you."

And the Lord said to Moses, "Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow. Have them wash their clothes and be ready by the third day, because on that day the Lord will come down on Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. 12 Put limits for the people around the mountain and tell them, 'Be careful that you do not go up the mountain or touch the foot of it. Whoever touches the mountain shall surely be put to death. He shall surely be stoned or shot with arrows; not a hand is to be laid on him. Whether man or animal, he shall not be permitted to live.' Only when the ram's horn sounds a long blast may they go up to the mountain."

On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning, with a thick cloud over the mountain, and a very loud trumpet blast. Everyone in the camp trembled. Then Moses led the people out of the camp to meet with God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain. Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because the Lord descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, the whole mountain trembled violently, and the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder. Then Moses spoke and the voice of God answered him.

Related Thread: Extraterrestrials in Judaism and Islam

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Quite interesting! A lot of people don't realize how much etymology can teach us about our past and present. We base our very existence around spoken language and take for granted how important it is in our everyday lives.

Written and oral history is often, if not always, plagued by our biases and political agendas, while etymology is an indirect and unintended way that our ancestors have recorded history, thus lessening the impact of any biases.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Interesting stuff.
And then there are also aeons in Gnostisism:

en.wikipedia.org...

In many Gnostic systems, the various emanations of God, who is also known by such names as the One, the Monad, Aion teleos (αἰών τέλεος "The Broadest Aeon"), Bythos ("depth or profundity", Greek βυθός), Proarkhe ("before the beginning", Greek προαρχή), the Arkhe ("the beginning", Greek ἀρχή), are called Aeons. In the different systems these emanations are differently named, classified, and described, but the emanation theory itself is common to all forms of Gnosticism. In the Basilidian Gnosis they are called sonships (υἱότητες huiotetes; sing.: υἱότης huiotes); according to Marcus, they are numbers and sounds; in Valentinianism they form male/female pairs called "syzygies" (Greek συζυγίαι, from σύζυγοι syzygoi).

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

For you, God, are Elyon over all the earth;
you are raised high over all the gods.

I don't think its saying that there are multiple gods. What I think its saying is that God, Elyon (the Most High) is greater than all the gods, this doesn't necessarily have to mean that there are actually more 'gods', rather that there are other forms of worship which were present at the time.

For you, God are (Most High/Master/Lord/etc. or Elyon) over all the earth... no worship of pagan gods should placed above the worship of the Elyon.

That's how I see it anyway, interesting speculation though. The etymology dictionary has a more plausible origin for the term 'alien':

alien, from L. alienus "of or belonging to another," adj. form of alius "(an)other"

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

hmm, very interesting s+f, im not religious at all and im slightly sceptical about all these claimed alien visits and abductions, but i do find the ancient aliens and links to religious gods extremely interesting and there seems to be enough circumstantial evidence to give it some merit and at least warrant more research.

far more interesting than the constant yawn invoking stream of disclosure threads and fuzzy lights in sky vids/pics.

thanks

rich

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think the more we look at ancient texts, the more obvious the ancient astronaut theory becomes.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Good find! I really like the way you put 2 and 2 togehter

There must be endless connections between languages, words, pronouncations, meanings etc.

To be honest it's the 1st time I ever read about the existance of the word 'ELIONS' but it does make sense when I connect my dots

It took me many years to come to the conclusion that 'THE' God is a Force of Energy that is able to create Everything imaginable from sub-sub atomair particles with an Energetic Power that makes particles 'swirl' like in vortexes and thus create forces and matter.

Elions and Aliens have, when spoken, not much difference IMHO.

But I am NOT English by origin and in my native language we dont evne had the word 'alien', it's known since about 50 years. And means rather 'stranger from other planet' then anything else.

Namaste!

PS: (off topic: what ever happened to that 'Atlantean Vase'? Is there a follow up somewhere?)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
I think the more we look at ancient texts, the more obvious the ancient astronaut theory becomes.

Absolutely. This is just more proof that the whole concept of monotheism is an epic fail. Great post, OP.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Except that El seems to means Saturn and Saturn means the black sun according to occult practices..

www.askwhy.co.uk...
www.angelfire.com...
www.greatdreams.com...
andrew.rutajit.com...
old-mage.com...

This link describes, according to in depth look at Nazis/Vrill/Thule and the black sun being potentially the galactic center as relating to zero point energy.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

For the SS Ahnenerbe, all this was a potent mix when one recalls that Himmler's stated purpose for it, reveled in a letter he wrote to an Ahnenerbe scientist, was not only to study ancient religion, science, and the occult, but also that its principal establishment was as "an institute for military scientific research."25 Consequently, the Ahnenerbe scientists working on its various secret projects had an ideological basis for the more mundane scientific view that the "Black Sun" was but the extremely strong gravitational force exhibited by the large mass rotating around the galactic center.

This one offers bibliography notes that are high quality even info gleaned from nuremburg trials material.

In short I think the roots of words are really interesting.

El relates to Ets, and Canaanite ancient languages, relates to Saturn in occult and also ancient terms, but even more interesting, the duality and religions aside, it seems to be a secret terminology for the magentic energies of the galaxy and zero point energy, quantum physics.

Which could explain alot of Vrill and underground technology.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
equating teh mayan Hunab ku with the Supreme Deity akin to El.

and then this:
mayanprophecy2012.blogspot.com...

The Mayans knew where in the sky the exact center of the galaxy was located and they even had a glyph representing it which is now named Hunab Ku ; it was known to the Mayans as The Galactic Butterfly. Their entire cosmology and extremely accurate calendars were based on the existence and location of Hunab Ku and they deeply believed that the future of mankind ultimately depends on what occurs there.

Hunab Ku was, to the Mayans, the supreme God and ultimate Creator and was located in the center of the Milky Way galaxy. It represented the gateway to other galaxies beyond our Sun as well as all of the consciousness that has ever existed in this, our own galaxy. Hunab Ku, according to the Mayans, is also the consciousness which organized all matter from a whirling disk - into stars, planets and solar systems. Hunab Ku is the Mother Womb which is constantly giving birth to new stars and it gave birth to our own Sun and planet Earth as well as the other planets found in our solar system. They also believed that the ultimate Creator directs everything that happens in our galaxy from its center through the emanation of periodic energy bursts of consciousness.

This term hunab ku in mayan both represents the center and womb of the galaxy, hyperdimensional physics and a Supreme Deity akin to El.

It goes into even greater depths from religion, ufology, sumar, mystery school esoteric, to Mayan and especially the zero point energy Hyperdimensional Physics.

There are alot of mysteries here, that are tied in together and possibly put out for the layman in religious dualities but mean so much more relating to the cosmos and physics.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
interesting synchronicity, I'm writing a story with a bunch of aliens from a planet called Elyon.

El means God, it was the main deity of the Canaanite religion.

Elohim and Elyon are thus related to El.

-yon means the most high

here is what wikipedia says:

The only other occurrence of the compound expression is in Psalm 78.35:
And they remembered that God (’elōhīm) was their rock,
and God Most High (’ēl ʿelyōn) their redeemer.

And there was also Yahveh, Adonai, Ba'al and who else, and they kinda all claimed to be the #1 God.

When the early Hebrews went on conquests and captured enemy land, they were exposed to the Gods of the cultures they overpowered. Thus their God (YHVH, which is not the true name of the said God because he won't clearly identify himself) put them to the test, and each time they allowed the enemy Gods to prevail on their land, their enemies came back and killed them.

So God was really a sacred thing, if you offended God that was like terrorism and they would have killed you right away for that. I guess religion was the nerve of the war, if you manage to convert the other culture to your religion, you can take over their land easily.

If I remember correctly the Bible says that the God of the Canaanite required human baby sacrifice to Moloch (the equivalent of the Greek Minotaur).

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeah I get kind of frustrated with all of the mistranslations in the King James Bible. Especially "Elohim".

I had never heard of the word Elions before. Interesting. I'm going to bring this up with my father... he studies the Bible and etymology so this will be right up his alley. Also he believes in extraterrestrials

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You see, most people if they had a time machine they want to go back in time and stop X or kill X person... But me, I just want to observe - I want to observe what happened to these individuals that write these things, or are written about. Then, I think, I could at least have an idea of what's going on or had gone on. This does nothing for me but add a layer of "what if's" to my already skeptical viewpoint on the subject/bible.

Great work on the thread, though, S&F.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Warning: Incoming Light

The following video explains everything.

Afterwards, read The Zohar

It explains the origins of YHVH, very enlightening

www.kabbalah.info...

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Davidius]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Some good research your doing here. You are probably on to something. I wanted to add a little bit. If you do a google search for the word tetragrammaton you will find it refers to the Hebrew name of the God of Israel, "YWHW".

Then look up Nassim Haramein and see what he has to say about the Tetragrammaton. You will find tetragrammaton refers to sacred geometry. A tetragrammaton is a geometric shape, one dimensionally it"s the "Star of David" three dimensionally it's something else.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I Love this thread!!!
2nd

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Truly amazing!

You could say the word "Alien" comes from an ancient word meaning "lesser gods". Does that mean that these "lesser Gods" are alien? or that "aliens" are Gods? Perhaps the two are indistinguishable from eachover.

Brilliant job!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
oh yes ! I totally believe that. History tends to bend very much with details like this one.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Interesting find,

s&f

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I love ATS linguistics threads like this is. s&f

Op, you might like this. Some of it's pretty crazy , but for the most part it's spellbinding. It might even need it's own thread, but I thought you would like it...

www.jordanmaxwell.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join