It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Details of 100m Facebook users collected and published

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Im glad I followed my inuition and stayed away from facebook, the idea of putting my life on the net just never sat too well with me.

I have enough privacy invasion and surveillence as it is, the last thing im gonna do is trust yet another company with the details of personal life.

Guess ill stick to the old meet up for coffee, its more personal, making the fact im being surveyd by cameras tolerable.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
And now ATS joins FB???

I'll stick to this site thanks...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
I have enough privacy invasion and surveillence as it is, the last thing im gonna do is trust yet another company with the details of personal life.

Guess ill stick to the old meet up for coffee, its more personal, making the fact im being surveyd by cameras tolerable.
This reminds me of the latest Facebook revelation...

You bring your phone with you to a coffee shop, and facebook logs you in and lets everyone know you're at the coffee shop, it's called "places".

And once again, security advocates decry this as something that people should have to opt-in for, but instead it's enabled by default and you're required to opt out if you don't want everyone to know what coffee shop your at or track all your other movements.

blog.facebook.com...

Originally published on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

If you're like me, when you find a place you really like, you want to tell your friends you're there. Maybe it's a new restaurant, a beautiful hiking trail or an amazing live show.

Starting today, you can immediately tell people about that favorite spot with Facebook Places. You can share where you are and the friends you're with in real time from your mobile device.

You may be telling them about it and not even know it!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
people seam to forget that your not the customer, your the product of facebook and the corporations are the customers who use that product.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I use a separate email for my facebook. Just to cut down on notices I could care less about. But I have noticed spam generated on the topics I post about or "like" on FB. I can't imagine what anyone would want with the information on most peoples profiles. zzzzzzz but the family links that people like to use is a little disturbing to have out there. I don't use it. The world doesn't need to know who my uncle is, imo.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
facebook be gone if you are not protecting your users--dum #s!! someone else will come along and knock u into last weeks news...amen .

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join