It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theres got to be more to life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Evening Guys,

I did not know where to post this but you cant be wrong in general chit chat!

As the title says, does anyone ever think there has got to be more to life?

I don't mean with reference to disclosure and conspiracies, i just mean with life in general.

The past few days I have been feeling like I am missing out on something. But in reality I am not. I have a brilliant job, amazing girlfriend and the best set of mates. Life technically is peachy, but then it feels like it isn't.

You may have seen my previous thread about emigrating to the USA or Canada from the UK. I feel like it is a different world over there that I am missing out on, but in reality if i do go there will i still feel like i am searching for something that is missing?

I am 21 and have another 50 years (at least) of my working life. Work 5 days a week, live for the weekend, get a house, get married, have kids, pay bills, pay tax, pay for everything. Do it all again every day until retirement and then grow old and die! And for what?!!!

Things like playing footy and going to the pub are just temporary highs that fill a gap.

As Stacie Orrico sang 'Theres gotta be more to life'!

BTW i am not depressed or trying to make you depressed! I just wonder if any else ever feels this way? I can't seem to shake the feeling!

Bless fam

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

There is more to life than just simple existence.

It's called passion. Doing something that completes your personality. Art, music, games, etc. almost anything that would make you unhappy if you somehow couldn't do it.

I had an ex wife that came between my guitar/performing and me. That's the reason she is designated ex. I still love her but I love my music more. Much more.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
My advice would be to try living in one of those countries you mentioned, you really have nothing to lose. If you decide you dont like it move back. On the other hand it could be the best decision you ever made.

There is more to life than living in the UK, I'm pretty lucky and have travelled quite a bit and often wish I could move to other parts of the world. Do it while your young, there'sa great big world out there.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I think you may also need to get out there in the Big wide world and see it!

It sounds like ...even though everything around you right now is good you just need that little bit more,

I really think shaking things up and getting out there and experiencing new things is what you need,
A good old Road trip will do you wonders

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
There is more to life than just simple existence.

Yes that's true, but isn't it also good to take the time to put all those other things that equate to "more" on hold and savour a moment just because it exists and because we can regardless of where when and why? Otherwise one could always be searching or waiting for the one thing that is passing by all the time right under our noses.

For me, that "existance" is the most precious thing we can have and everything else follows, so don't forgo the chance to embrace those times when confusion reigns and all the "stuff" just seems like fuzz. Take a breath, take a moment, and using nothing but the 5 senses we have to just "be" ;-)

Sometimes life can seem unsatisfying for unexplainable reasons. Some turn to shopping, some to food, some to attention seeking, and some go a little crazy etc. Been there, done that crazy one. The reassurance I live with today came from inside and was in a truly simple form, but how many people can actually stop the journey they are on and take the time to enjoy the view or check the map for fear of missing something that might be really important to get "more"?

Thanks for a refreshing thread OP

[edit on 28/7/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Cheers guys,

Been thinking a lot about trying a different country today at work, as suggested.

Think thats definately the path for me...

Better get the Visa application started!

All the best

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yep, time to take a nice long trip.
Pan Am used to have nice round-the-world trips, I don't know who does it now, maybe BA.
I'm off to Australia next month then Easter Island in April. Couldn't get a flight for the recent eclipse.

top topics

join