It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars versus Thumbs Down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I haven't been a member that long so I don't know if this was ever done before, but I am curious about it.

Since we have the Star to let someone know we thought it was a good post or reply, have we ever had a thumbs down? I know sometimes Im just like? "What? 'You didn't just say that did you"? Im sure you know what I mean.

Should we have that option? People love to Boo as much if not more, (sadly) Praise.

If we had thumbs down and maybe after you got a certain percent of them, you lose some star points or something.

I dunno, just throwing it out there. What do you folks think?

If we ever did have it, why did we stop?

Would you even like having that option?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

i dont like that idea and it has been presented on ATS many times before.

i like it this way

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

I could see something like this being abused, just because people let their own stubborn beliefs get in the way of clear judgment. I guess any sort of system that grades responses can be abused.

What I would like to see is some sort of chart indicating what kind of a member you are. I have seen members that seem to only post in the 9/11 forum, or religion forum, there could be some sort of pie chart indicating how frequent their posts come and where they post most(!). I would like clear representation of who the dis-info members are. Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
We get this idea a few times a year I would say, maybe more often.

According to staff responses on previous threads, ATS does not want to have a "negative" qualifier for content.

If you don't like it, don't star or flag it.

I agree, there's no need to have threads that are at the top of pages because of bad content.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ok so it has been mentioned before, I figured it may very well have been, and yes I can see it being a problem too.

I also think the pie thing sounds kind of cool too. I imagine that would eat up a lot of whatever it takes to run a site. Still would be pretty neat to be able to see.

Might make water seeking its own level a lot easier to get past the mud!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hello there. This has been brought up numerous times in the past. HERE is a more recent example.

It has been determined such a feature will not be implemented. The reasoning is that a positive star can be reduced to 'I agree' or 'good post' when there isn't much else to say. However, disagreeing is something that requires a bit more elaboration.

Additionally, in the past where posts could be rated, we did experience some issues with those who chose to use the system maliciously by poorly rating posts or members they didn't like. Not very constructive.

Hope that helps.

In the future, please use the following thread to offer suggestions:

ATS/BTS What would you like to see in the future?

Thank you. Thread closed.

top topics

join