It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journolist Veers Out Of Bounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Journolist Veers Out Of Bounds

www.politico.com

Somewhere along the way, things have gone terribly wrong. Journalism has become a toy, an electronic plaything. I do not blame technology. The giant megaphone of technology has been coupled with a new, angrier, more destructive age. (Yes, you can find extremely angry, extremely partisan times in our past, but I always thought the goal was to progress over the centuries, not regress.)

Read more: www.politico.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
voices.washingtonpost.com
mediamatters.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
This is a freaking war! Against GB, the right and FOX

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This may be the most embarrassing thing I have ever written — and looking back on my writing, there is a lot of competition for that dubious distinction — but when I became a reporter, it was almost a holy calling.

We really believed we were doing good. We informed the public and helped make democracy work. We exposed wrongdoing wherever we found it. We reported without fear or favor. As a columnist, I tried to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

I warned you that this would be embarrassing.

We loved what we did, and we did it with passion. We were proud. We felt — I am just going to go ahead and say it — honorable.

There were wrongdoers. Fakers, plagiarists, those with private agendas who wished to slant the news. When found, they were often fired. Even when they were subjected to a lesser punishment, their sins were made clear as a lesson to the rest of us. (At a few papers, those who wished to slant the news were publishers or editors who wished to please their publishers. They were rarely fired. But their numbers were few.)

The lines were not muddy. You played it straight. Even if you were a columnist and allowed to publish your opinions, you were expected to be fair and accurate.

At the end of the day, you often went home feeling good. And when people asked what you did, you replied with pride, not shame.

It was, as I said, almost a holy calling. (And often accompanied by a vow of poverty.)

Read more: www.politico.com...

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: To Embed YouTube Videos

[edit on 7/28/2010 by EyeHeartBigfoot]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The Journolist is proof of a conspiracy to promote the radical lefts political agenda. Only people that had liberal political leanings were allowed to join. These so called journalists conspired to promote their agenda and get their guy elected as President of the United States.

They are a disgraceful group of people and shouldn't be allowed to even call themselves journalists. I am happy this came out and more people will know about these despicable people trying to destroy America.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I am really surprised this has not garnered more attention here on ATS.

I mean seriously, when was the last time the MSM took aim at themselves?

I am certain the MSM has their ulterior motives for these reports to the masses but educated reads such as our ATS Members have an opportunity to discuss all sides of this report.

I guess with all the Wikileaks and The Sherrod Threads this may be getting a bit overwhelming.

If you only have time for one video, I would suggest the first embedded as it is the shortest and includes most all you may need to view.

top topics

join