It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUTH about HEMP

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yes people have spoke of this topic many times however I feel not enough is being done to make people realise that the BIG Coporate businesses are profiteering through the use of MSM - Main Stream Media through Commercial/Advertisement and to continue brainwashing the masses on a daily scale to have us believe that HEMP is bad for YOU!

HEMP is a good bio-degradable product, it is used for construction, hemp can be used as a concrete substitute and hemp medium density fibreboard can be used in place of wood.

HEMP's oil is used in the manufacture of soft soaps, paints and varnishes.

HEMP is still used to make rope, twine, nets, sacking and carpet warp.

HEMP oil can be modified by a transesterification process to produce an oil with almost identical properties to diesel. Biofuels produces less smoke and carbon monoxide emissions than fossil fuels and virtually no sulphur dioxide.

HEMP oil is high in polyunsaturated fatty acids and its moisturising properties make it the perfect base for cosmetics. It is especially beneficial for dry skin. If you want to try out some vegan, HEMP cosmetics, then all of the cosmetic products sold by HEMP Union are vegan and carry the Vegan Society trademark.

HEMP is readily turned into paper. Quite a few hemp paper products are available by mail order including: A4 paper, envelopes, writing sets, pads and cigarette papers and some books are also now being printed entirely on hemp paper. HEMP can also be made into cardboard, filter paper and even bank notes and tea bags.

Conventional plastics are produced using oil, which is a non-renewable resource. HEMP plastic has great potential as a sustainable alternative to such petro-chemical based plastics. First of all HEMP is a completely renewable resource and secondly if a 100% HEMP plastic product could be developed it would be biodegradable and could be composted after use, unlike traditional plastic which usually ends up as landfill.

The great cannabis conspiracy

www.youtube.com...

HEMP Plastic

www.hempplastic.com...

If today is a typical day on planet Earth, we will lose 116 square miles of rainforest, or about an acre a second. We will lose another 72 square miles to encroaching deserts, as a result of human mismanagement and overpopulation. We will lose 40 to 100 species, and no one knows whether the number is 40 or 100. Today the human population will increase by 250,000. And today we will add 2,700 tons of chlorofluorocarbons to the atmosphere and 15 million tons of carbon. Tonight the Earth will be a little hotter, it's waters more acidic, and the fabric of life more threadbare.*

RUN FROM THE CURE - The Rick Simpson Story (Part 1 of 7)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
For some reason, humanity is rebukking the natural for more a technocratic society.

Hemp is a fine solution to quite a few problems but it is in direct competition with industry incumbents.

Thanks for posting this.

As I kid I wished people were more honest about wanting the bud over the Hemp because the honesty about the whole cannabis family will help drive forward the need to evaluate the laws preventing its use here.

Good post!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't know about the States but else where in many countries you can get licences to grow Hemp commercially and C. Sativa L seeds are on sale in the Health Food shops.

I see no reason why you should not be able to grow C Sativa at home as it has no where near the potency of Indica if using it for the purpose of getting high. That is not to say that it has no effect, but it is much reduced. It does still have a medicinal effect and the seeds (no THC) are on of the best food substances around.

Indica varieties should be grown for medical purposes.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
www.hempreport.com...
www.hemptrade.ca...

It also makes really nice cloth, great for clothing, very soft. It grows very fast, a person can get a few crops a year in the right climate.

Hemp seeds are sold in many grocery stores, and health food stores up here. They are very healthy.

It also is a good soil replenishment. Adds many nutrients.

There are lots of hemp farms in Canada, and they are well regulated. They look weird going past them on the highway, but there are no worries from the government. You cannot get high in any way off the stuff. No THC in the product at all.

One of the ways to control the growth of the illegal cousin "cannibus" would be to put in more hemp farms, because when it is pollination time, it ruins the THC content in other outdoor pot crops. One would think the government would be all over that and just grow hemp everywhere.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I suppose this is one of those things that you gotta keep talking about to really sink in. I guess some people do know the truth about hemp but they get caught up in other issues or they forget. Like me fore example lol, I suppose there is more I can do to tell my family and friends about it. After all, the sooner more people know the sooner change can be made. I know I really should make more of an effort. There's still a lot of crap that's spread about hemp that's not true. With that said though, I think that there's more accurate information getting out now, which is basically thanks to the net.

I really believe more needs to happen with this. It's amazing how versatile this plant is and how many problems it would solve and yet we don't utalise it as much as we could!

I remember I once came across a hemp clothing store in a shopping centre. The clothes were really nice! It was great to see and feel firsthand clothes made from hemp. They also had some hemp oil and other products there, but I didn't buy anything. I didn't have time, but now I wish that I would have gotten something to try. Oh well lol, you live and you learn.

Oh and I've also read that hemp seed oil is the better for you than flax seed oil in terms of Omega 3 and Omega 6? I can't remember where I first read it, probably in a magazine, but I was reading something about it the other day too. Something about there being a better balance between Omega 3 and 6?

Mounting scientific evidence links many common ailments to an imbalance in the intake of omega-3 vs. omega-6 fatty acids in the typical Western diet: too much omega-6 and not enough omega-3. The typical North American diet contains 10 to 30 times more omega-6 than omega-3 fatty acids, yet nutritional scientists recommend maintaining a ratio of between 2:1 to 4:1, i.e., a much higher relative omega-3 consumption.

Many clinical studies implicate this imbalance as a key factor in the rising rate of inflammatory disorders and have demonstrated the benefits of a balanced dietary omega-3/omega-6 intake. Such benefits include a reduced risk of atherosclerosis, sudden cardiac death, and some forms of cancer, alleviation of the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, mood improvement in bipolar disorders, and optimized development in infants.

Here's the link: www.nutiva.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by vyrox

OK, then I will rephrase that. You should be allowed to grow the non-potent varieties of C Sativa.

I am not aware of the potency of either so can't comment on that - all I know is that Hemp is a damn good plant in so many ways.

[edit on 28/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Main Stream Media through Commercial/Advertisement and to continue brainwashing the masses on a daily scale to have us believe that HEMP is bad for YOU!

Really? I do not believe i have ever seen anything anywhere saying hemp is "bad" for you. Where did you get that from?

HEMP is a good bio-degradable product, it is used for construction, hemp can be used as a concrete substitute and hemp medium density fibreboard can be used in place of wood.

Hemp is used as a concrete addative not a substitute, and yes it could be used to replace wood but bamboo is a better choice for that.

HEMP oil can be modified by a transesterification process to produce an oil with almost identical properties to diesel. Biofuels produces less smoke and carbon monoxide emissions than fossil fuels and virtually no sulphur dioxide.

Biodiesel that come from hemp is actually one of the worst yeilds there is when it comes to making fuel from plants.

HEMP is readily turned into paper

It is also more expensive than regular paper.

Conventional plastics are produced using oil, which is a non-renewable resource. HEMP plastic has great potential as a sustainable alternative to such petro-chemical based plastics. First of all HEMP is a completely renewable resource and secondly if a 100% HEMP plastic product could be developed it would be biodegradable and could be composted after use, unlike traditional plastic which usually ends up as landfill.

Thie is not a hemp issue it is a plastic issue. "Biodegradeable" is a term that is kind of thrown around and people just eat it up. All plastics are technically biodegradeable since they will all eventually degrade over time. Bio-plastics would require their own seperate recycling centers because bio-plastic does not mix with petrolium plastics. The bidegradeable plastics that do degrade quickly are the starch based ones, most bioplastics are not that much more friendly than their petro counterparts.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I was going to comment but I'm glad I read the whole thread.

There are many varieties of cannabis. C. Sativa. C. Indica. and C. Rudderalis. And thousands if not millions of crosses of them all.

Usually C. Rudd. has the least amount of THC and is actually what is called "ditch weed", but only grows about a foot tall so not as much production as from C. Sativa.

C. Sativa can have low amounts of THC (which is more commonly refered to as hemp) but can also have high amounts if cultivated and bred in the correct way. But C. Sativa grows tall and has the most production of the fibres, seeds, etc. because of it's ability to grow to such heights in a small amount of time.

C. Indica is the same as C. Sativa in that it can have high or low amounts of THC depending on it's breeding but does not grow as high as Sativa but higher than Rudd. But, C. Indica has a high concentration of other cannibinoids which are the most helpful for medicine. So, you are correct in that aspect.

As far as the non THC hemp. I think the poster above had a great point. If the government really wanted to do a "war on drugs", they should be growing non THC hemp everywhere. But what are they doing? Banning hemp. Just goes to show that it is money over anything else as always.

BTW, stars for your posts.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hello I'm back again but this time have brought some more light into the subject. I have been speaking around town with some local's who have had their experience with the 'cousine' of Hemp and have given me plenty of pointer's how to grow this Hemp plant in large quantites and legally without the THC.

Here is a quote and it's interesting as I wasn't too sure if there were any farms in the UK that distributed Hemp.

Hemp has had a mixed press over recent years, but changes to the harvesting and processing of the crop could see it increase in popularity.

The area of contracted hemp is predicted to jump from 2000 to 5000 acres in 2008 and hit 20,000 acres by 2011. At least that is what Hemcore director, and Essex farmer, Dan Squier reckons.

"We believe the markets are there, the production capacity is there, and we're soon to have the new factory at Halesworth in Suffolk, which will have a 7t/hr capacity, compared with 1-1.5t/hr at the old Maldon site."

What's more, the new £3.6m plant – due to open in spring 2008 – will be able to process unretted hemp, which means that the crop can be baled and cleared about 10-14 days after harvest, almost halving the amount of time fields are "tied up". It also reduces the risk of bad weather damaging the swath and making baling difficult. "We expect to have fields cleared in early September," Mr Squier says.

Here is the link and makes an interesting read.

www.fwi.co.uk...

Unfortunately Hemp cannot be grown near school's or footpath's crossing fields.

As Barley and Wheat shoot-through-the-roof with prices and may likely double by the end of 2010 it makes sense to invest and produce large quantities of Hemp which can be grown in hectres within 4 - 4.5 month's. And is better resistant to bad weather, drought, gale-force wind's etc.

I have also read that it is very profiteerable within a market reach of 200 miles from Suffolk in the UK.

I want to help local farmer's and believe this can motivate people who are looking for a change in the current market, especially with the many benefit's Hemp has to offer.

All The Best.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Please don't flame me but I think one of the gifts of Cannabis is the Psycho-Active effects upon the brain. I do not condone recreational use of Cannabis to everyone but for those who are strong minded, Alcohol is far worse.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
Please don't flame me but I think one of the gifts of Cannabis is the Psycho-Active effects upon the brain. I do not condone recreational use of Cannabis to everyone but for those who are strong minded, Alcohol is far worse.

I wouldn't flame you. Your entitled to your own opinion.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Thank you

Second to show gratitude

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

If they can get water from the stream, make them get it from the tap.

If they can get it from the tap, make them get it out of a bottle.

Behind every Truly Great discovery or invention, there are hundreds that simply constrict resources into a product so that someone can skim a little money off the top.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
What is outrageous is its in the alternative substance forum as if all hemp is the same as the kind people smoke. That is like calling all mushrooms including moneys the same as magic mushrooms.

Who allows people to outlaw anything that is natural. I don't. I say no.

Hemp is grown as crops in my country and makes insulation, would make wonderful mattresses, yarns, also in paper mache its long fibred, and can make mobile homes, home trailers, houses, furniture, looms and spinning wheels, in fact just about anything you can think of. You could even make tiles for the kitchen or bathroom and finish them with resin,especially if mixed with earth.

Hemp oil and hemp seeds are very nutritious too.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I wonder if they'd outlaw concrete if it was discovered that a few people were abusing it for highs?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kolya
I wonder if they'd outlaw concrete if it was discovered that a few people were abusing it for highs?

TPTB outlaw thing's that are unprofiteerable to them. If they cannot make profit then they make it illegal for everybody else.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
At the university that I work, they are working with Finula Cannabis, which produces very little THC. They are looking at ways in which it can be used as an additive to food production, as it is the only plant source that is so rich in Omega oils. They are also carrying out research into it's uses as a bio-fuel. And as a treatment for anorexia nervosa, for which it won't work in my opinion (though they haven't asked for it). In short though, the beauty of hemp, is that there is absolutely no waste, every part and constituent of the plant can be used productively, from the seeds to the shive. I am surprised that more farmers aren't being encouraged to grow it as a cash crop, instead DEFRA are encouraging farmers to grow willow in short coppice rotation which has a detrimental effect on biodiversity and only one real use, and that is to be burnt in purpose built powerstations. We have to get rid of the short term, quick fix mentality, before we can appreciate the benefits that widespread hemp growing will give us.

new topics

top topics

join