It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Blocks Parts Of Arizona Immigration Law

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
This judge basically stated that if there is a federal law dealing with an issue, then the states cannot take it on themselves to enforce that law.

If I was a drug lawyer, the first thing I would do for my client is to file a motion to dismiss my client's state drug charge since the federal statutes classify the controlled substances and the states have no right to pre-empt federal enforcement.

I think this would be an interesting issue.

Your right this judge just removed all drug charges pending by any state against anyone.You can bet every attorney will be filing motions by the end of the week. I don't think they realize the mess they just created.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther

If I was a Mexican working for a Walmart in Mexico, trying to support a family, and had the chance to utilize my skills in another economy where I could earn an enormous amount more money, I would jump that fence (no matter how tall it is or what its made of). You wouldn't?

No, I wouldn't. Would good would it do my family if I got caught and deported, or arrested and put in jail? Or caught and fined lots of money, then deported? I would do my best to enter legally, and if I could not, then I'm just not going. They have work programs, temporary visas etc, if it takes longer than I would like, or is not approved, well tough cookies that's life.

People survive their environments, if you got dealt a bad hand, well that's how it goes, breaking the laws of another country is not justified because your life sucks. If you are being persecuted and oppressed, they have asylum programs for that kind of thing.

What country wants to help someone who is knowingly breaking the law as soon as they step into the country? I'm sure technically they're not breaking any laws until they've been here a certain amount of time or trigger some special condition, but they know when they cross that border that what they're doing is wrong.

Anyone who makes that choice forfeits the right to complain if they get caught and dealt the consequences. So if you would be willing to risk your life, freedom, your cash, and the well being of your family.....

Whatever floats your boat!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

No, what's dumb is thinking these politians are doing this for the good of the people of Arizona. All the sates along the border have had these problems for years and just this January Governor Brewer decides to address this? as I said earlier the people who came up this bill knew damn well it would be blocked by a judge but,since they need to look like they are tough on illegals they passed this and now Brewer gets her national stage to posture on and look tough and secure her reelection.Like I said in the end it's all mid term election posturing and pandering and everyone eats it up while any real solutions are lost due to all the hype and hysteria.

[edit on 113131p://3826 by mike dangerously]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix

Originally posted by cdesigns

I understand that some of the illegal people here, steal, kill and do other bad things, but that's a very low % compared to all the mexican people that are in the US

[edit on 28-7-2010 by cdesigns]
While a "small" percentage of them may do the things you mentioned, 100% of illegal aliens are criminals. If they were not here, that "small" % would be 0%. So any percent is too much.

And seriously, friend, I would advise laying off the superiority complex you appear to be on. It doesn't help you at all, unless you are purposely trying to get flamed.

Just sayin....

not 100% illegal aliens are criminals, you must be the most racist person on this forum.

I worked here is the US from 1998 - 2000 and then went back to PR to finish my studies, on that time I worked legally with a construction electric company, I worked around diffrent types of people, there was a guy that was here illegaly he was working on the same site but from another company we became friends and he told everything he had to do to get into the US he told me they paid him under the table cash, he had his wife here with him, he was living on a small apartment and he told me the landlord new that he didnt had papers but the landlord wanted to help him, we worked together for about a year during the construction of the site, he was a great person trying to live the american dream, always doing the right thing. And there a lot of people like him here in the US.

I know a person who currently rents his house bedrooms to illegal people, and helps them with jobs on his company, he had only good things to say about them, so please dont call 100% of the illegal aliens criminals.

And regarding about "My" Superiority complex, let me tell you that I have female family that married american mens, my aunt is married to a President of a electronic company well know and he DOES work his butt off, but I have another aunt and cousin that married some lazy lazy but lazy men one an engineer that cant keep a job longer than a year and the other a sales men. One tried to rip the goverment off with disability, and the other divorced my aunt and lives with his parrents.

Me and my wife were raised in a poor enviroment we know how hard is to make money, her job in PR same title but more work payed her $7.50 and hour, when we moved here to the US the same title with less work payed her $24.50 starting, her boss was impressed with her because of how fast she was doing her work and offered her a managment position after a year.

Life here in the US is more easy than in other places, but this country can't not live without wellfare, people suing other people for any stu pid thing outthere.

I have been in mexico for business and I have visited different factories over there, you will be surprised the quality and speed those people work, not compared to the companies I saw here in the US. Our economy is down because of that.

Its funny how you can employ around 20 workers on china for a year, for the same amount you pay 1-2 workers here in the US, and to tell you the truth they work faster than us ME INCLUDED.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown

Originally posted by Gigatronix
reply to post by mryanbrown

So you would support a law that deported illegals and took all neccessary steps to prevent more from coming, as long as it didn't effect the rights of citizens?

Pretty much. As long as people learn what "crime" is. And that crossing the border is not a "crime". And that someone must be committing an actual "crime" to interfere with them period.

And if they aren't engaged in an actual CRIME then you have no lawful reason to even attempt to determine legal status.

Lawful is not legal. Illegal does not mean crime. But crimes are illegal and unlawful. Once you can get the basics of that, you'll know what I mean.

A crime involves an injured party.

And the asinine excuses of "They steal services my taxes paid for" does not create an injured party.

What is the legal definition of "injured party"?? I bet you its not limited to physical injury. Stealing is stealing is stealing is stealing....in no circumstance is it acceptable if they receiving services they did not pay for or create they are stealing from those who did and those who did are the "injured party" and no its not an asinine excuse.

Since you feel the way you do I take it you wouldn't mind if I tied off an electrical line from your house, used some of your gas and hell while I'm at it I might as well split your cable and and run a hose from your outdoor faucet all back to my place!! Ya that sounds good after that I'll go into the same business as you but charge less because well, since im not paying for water, electric, gas, or my cable I can afford to do it.

So now not only are you paying probably double for your utilities you have half as much work because I took it all, and guess what your not an injured party so when you bitch about that ill just pass it off as an asinine excuse...

DO YOU GET IT YET?!?!?

or does someone have to paint pictures in a pop-up book?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns

not 100% illegal aliens are criminals, you must be the most racist person on this forum.
Not racist at all, nope. My wife is philipino, my previous serious relationship was with a black girl, and my sister is half mexican. I grew up with mexicans, I know what their good qualities are and their bad qualities. We established after I made that post that coming into the country illegally is not a criminal offense. However that doesn't change the fact that every person that does it, does it knowing that its considered wrong in our country and against our laws. They may not be bona fide "criminals" but the gap between the two is very narrow.

And there a lot of people like him here in the US.
That is probably true, but, sorry, he still is breaking the law and doing something he knows is wrong.

I know a person who currently rents his house bedrooms to illegal people, and helps them with jobs on his company, he had only good things to say about them, so please dont call 100% of the illegal aliens criminals.
Well the illegals may not be criminals but your friend certainly is.

Can somebody come up with the term that describes a person that is breaking laws and doing something he knows is wrong, but isn't technically a criminal offense? Reminds me of a banking ceo that screws people out of money legally. I call them slime.

And regarding about "My" Superiority complex...
You made gross generalizations about one race while making positive generalizations about your own. Doesn't fly. Laziness is not exclusive to any particular race, just like racism....

I got no beef any particular race, I got beef with anyone here illegally. Period.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This was written by a Mexican who is now a naturalized US Citizen, and I think it's a great explanation of the illegal immigration issue.

Here is the quote:

"If you had tickets to a sports event, concert, Disneyland , or for an airline flight, and when you got to your assigned seat you found someone else was in that seat, what would you do? You would call for a person in charge of ticket checking and have the person in your seat removed. You would properly be asked to show your ticket, and you would gladly and proudly do so, for you have bought and paid for that seat. The person in your seat would also be asked for a ticket, which they would not be able to produce. They would be called "gate crashers" and they would properly be removed

Now in this huge stadium called the USA we have had millions of gate crashers. We have been asking security to check for tickets and remove the gate crashers. We have been asking security to have better controls in checking at the door. We have asked security to lock the back doors. Security has failed us. They are still looking the other way. They are afraid to ask to see the tickets. Many people say there is unlimited seating, and whether there is or not, no one should be allowed in for free while the rest of us pay full price!

In "section AZ", of "Stadium USA ", we have had enough of the failures of Security. We have decided to do our own ticket checking, and properly remove those who do not have tickets. Now it seems very strange to me that so many people in the other 49 "sections", and even many in our own "section" do not want tickets checked, or even to be asked to show their ticket! Even the head of Security is chastising us, while not doing his own job which he has sworn to do.

My own ticket has been bought and paid for, so I am proudly going to show it when asked to do so. I have a right to my seat, and I want the gate crashers to be asked to show their tickets too. The only reason that I can imagine anyone objecting to being asked for their ticket is that they are in favor of gate crashing, and all of the illegal activities that go with it, such as drug smuggling, gang wars, murder, human smuggling for profit, and many more illegal and inhumane acts that we are trying to prevent with our new legislation. Is that what I am hearing from all of the protestors such as Phoenix Mayor Gordon, US Rep. Grijalva, even President Obama? If you are not in favor of showing tickets, (proof of citizenship, passport, green card, or other legal document) when asked, as I would do proudly, then you must be condoning those illegal activities."

Written by a US Citizen, Globe, Arizona .

This makes perfect sense to me. What do you think

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

BINGO best analogy I have seen yet!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Good job for the judge in diluting the racist law which would have enabled racist officials to harass and hound people on base of how they look. Kudos to the judge for keeping up with the constitution. If all the illegals should be kept out then this land will only belong to native Indians. The judge ruling was in par with the constitution of not harassing citizens of the country based on their looks.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Corporations are allowed to immigrate legally in search for resources, cheap labor and weak legislation, but people are stuck in farms for ever.

Shame on USA and their illusionary idea of freedom. Freedom for chosen ones

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So what do you call, in just Arizona alone, 300,000-360,000 people coming over the border per year?

Where 17% of those caught have been convicted of violent crime in the US.

Oh, it is just what then?

I call that people moving to where they can provide for their family...and with any group of people...you have your good ones and your bad ones.

I don't call it an Invasion...I don't use scary words in an attempt to alter viewpoints based on fear.

And what an invasion force it is...farmers and construction workers...who actually farm and do construction work. Those are some fierce soldiers.

Well from a strategic point of view yes it is an invasion of sorts. Millions of undocumented just floating around the country. Just look at the numbers filling city streets durring last round or "worker" protest. They are organized and controled by powers outside of those that the rest of us are subject to. Thats not a good thing.

Thier simple presents in this country represents a disregard to our national sovereignty, a privileged class, a dependent class, a subsidised class, a free tax zone.....their ability to gain fake ID at a moments notice represents a fugitive class that can skip from town to town to avoid criminal prosecution and often with the aid of ICE and HLS.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniongrass

Originally posted by Logarock ... The Mexicans are the first majior wave of immigrants to this nation that find the trees ripe with fruit already. In many parts of this country we dont have to care what they think and certianly if they are not citizens. ...

The first sentence is a very good point. Earlier immigrants didn't have all these social programs, bilingualism, etc. They had to hurry up and work, and hurry to learn English. What we gave them was the opportunity to do it, that's all. And we had plenty of jobs, not a shortage of them.

The second statement I hope is true. Maybe outside the District of the judge who made this ruling. Anyway, God speed.

I am afraid one will find that cheep, large waves of immigrants to this country, over theyears, in many fields of work, coal, iron ect were used to scab down wages and the expectations of the established locals. No where has this been more evident over the last decade than in the building industry.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crimson_King
reply to post by Intelearthling

Good job for the judge in diluting the racist law which would have enabled racist officials to harass and hound people on base of how they look. Kudos to the judge for keeping up with the constitution. If all the illegals should be kept out then this land will only belong to native Indians. The judge ruling was in par with the constitution of not harassing citizens of the country based on their looks.

Oh yea and by the way if your white/black....dont bother to apply.

And sorry but the laws regarding citizenship supersede these emotional considerations. And the fact is in some states if you see a Mexican there is only a 1 in 100 chance they are legal. Maybe 1 in 1000. Knowing this only a fool would be guilt triped with this race based brow beating. Where is your color blindness when a white cop has to inforce the law? Whos really making this a race issue?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Just want to add, there is no way in hell I would carry my certificate of naturalization everywhere I go. Just to prove I am a citizen and not illegal. Too risky, it could get lost, stolen, and the wear and tear would eventually damage it, and it's about 300 bux to get a new one if lost or stolen etc.. and it takes from 6 months to a year to get the new one. So with that I say good riddance to that part of the "law".

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

THOUGHT YOU MIGHT WANT TO SEE THIS

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or

Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or

Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;
has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

Heres the funny part not a crime to be in the country but is a crime to enter the country got to love are judicial system.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The only redeeming factor in this whole nightmare is that the issue of illegals is in everyone's face. Years ago before 9/11, my father was murdered by an illegal. When I called immigration I had a rude awakening. I discovered that the murderer had more rights than I did - rights to extreme privacy that you and I as citizens do NOT have, and oh, so much more. This illegal was a prostitute who had already been arrested and then began passing herself off as a "home health aid." She had my father, who was ill, sign everything over to her - his home, his business, everything. He was dead 15 days later. She took all of our family belongings and sold them at a tag sale. Then she moved into our family home and spent $100,000 of what used to be our family money, redecorating it. No one cared. Immigration had lost track of her - didn't have a clue about her prior arrests. I followed all the proper legal channels for FIVE years and eventually she was "found to be deportable" by a judge in New York state. But guess what? She was never deported. She is still loose working as a home health aid to elderly patients. Maybe your mother or father is next on her list. After 9/11, I held out some hope that America would wake up and get a clue that this illegal population is literally killing us. I still do not understand why so many are still asleep at the wheel - NO MORE ILLEGALS. Send them back.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

And worse ICE and HLS is trying to make it manditory that local law inforcement must be "approved" or they cant touch an illegal. So even if a guy is stoped they may not be able to detain even for whatever offence he was nabbed for.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I just do not understand this
the term: illegal aliens

the FIRST WORD IS????!!!!!!

breaking the law, ANY LAW is illegal!!
That makes you a criminal!!!
To justify that crossing the border is not a crime is, well,.....STUPID!
THATS WHY THE FIRST WORD IS THERE!!!
Its being used so much to desensitize you!

are all persons that break the law, any law, weither you agree with it or not criminals, YES!!!!

if I decide its OK to drive 150 mph, drunk as a pig, with no insurance, am I a criminal...yes
doesn't matter if I think its my right, its flippin' AGAINST THE LAW!....PERIOD

then to tie the local LEO's hands, play the racist card (good lord, that card is plum wore out over this past year) or allowing cities to knowingly harbor criminals, and make it official policy, is shear insamity

all I can say is when this train wreck actually happens, nothing is gonna be left

dr

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
Corporations are allowed to immigrate legally in search for resources, cheap labor and weak legislation, but people are stuck in farms for ever.

Shame on USA and their illusionary idea of freedom. Freedom for chosen ones

They still must do so with the host nations permit. And why should they migrate when the US Corps are bringing it to them?

Freedom for the chosen ones? You racist crybaby. Here have a tissue to dry your soggy eyes.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well, another slap in the face of the American people and the supporters of Arizona. Unfreaking believable most American want the border secure, will the government do it, no. Arizona gets sick of it an enacts their own law that mirrors the federal one, so what do they get? obama agreeing on national tv with the mexican president that the laws bad. Just what is wrong with the states enforcing the law if the federal government refuses to? So, what's the next thing obumblebutt's gonna do to pull this country further down. We know aminsty's on it's way, so what that most Americans don't want it. Everything this . . . man does pulls us further an further into a hole we may never get out of.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join